Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [AAR] Dwarven Dominance chp. 19, 1-16chp in first post. 17+ in third post pg2 (Final chp. pg 9)

Default [AAR] Dwarven Dominance chp. 19, 1-16chp in first post. 17+ in third post pg2 (Final chp. pg 9)

My first AAR so be gentle if it sucks but let me know where I can improve and what everyone wants to see more of, whether its battles or campaign map stuff. whatever it is, Id love some constructive criticism and feedback. thanks.

VH/VH- Third Age Total War.
    -used the fow cheat mainly so im not wandering around forever trying to find a settlement.

Introduction/Chp. 1

Spoiler for chp1

The wind howled around the lonely mountain, as Kind Dain of the Dwarves held council with his generals.

Dain, "The time has come for the dwarves to take back what was taken from us! Send word to Gimili to start expanding our Territory in the west start with Nenuial."

Dain, "Thorin the time will come soon when you accend to the throne of the dwarves look to the east and be wary of the men who dwell there. If you require any assitance look to our friends from Dale they will be able to assist you."

Dain, "For now though, I march to recaim Dain's Halls for the dwarves!"

Narrator:
    So the story began, The King marched to reclaim his Hall on the way he captured a rebel settlement but when he was so close to his goal he was attacked by an army of goblins. Outnumbered nearly 3-1 the Goblins advanced down on Dain and his men.

Dain, "For the Dwaves! Charge!"

Narrator:
    Alas it was not to be a day for dwarven victory as the great King Dain fell in battle, slain by a mere Goblin Snaga.

Narrator:
    And so ended the Reign of King Dain. A new day had dawned for the dwarves when Thorin accended to the throne and became the new King Under the Mountain. His first action was to assemble the war council and discuss future battle plans. Mean while in the far west Gimili Had assaulted Nenuial.

Gimli, "We shall wait outside their walls hidden in the tall grass until they venture out, then charge into their village."

Gimli, "They have opened the gates and sallied fourth, Charge into the City before they can form up!"

Thorin, "The goblins are too powerful for us to reclaim our mountains at the moment. We must look to the east and south east. With the aid of Dale we can take the land from the Easterlings and generate great wealth which will be needed to take back our former mountain holds. I march east when the sun rises"

Narrator:
    After removing the Bandit from the city Thorin left a small company of miners to watch over it. He then went south Hiring some Dale Calvery along the way. Captain Tor from Dale needed assistance against an Army from Rhun. Thorin was happy to oblige the request for reinforcements.

King Thorin, "To our allies aid men. let them be the Anvil and us the hammer! Charge into the backs of the axes hewing all in their path."

King Thorin, "The day is ours men! the enemy flees before us. Now to drink through the night and tomorrow take the rebel city nearby."

Narrator:
    Meanwhile Gimli had taken another Rebel settlement in the West and quickly gaining much prestiege in the ranks of the dwarven council.

/End chp 1.

Chp. 2
    Spoiler for chp2
    Chp. 2

Narrator: Dawn came and outside the rebel city where the great battle between the Kingdom of Dale, King Thorin, and the Easterlings took place, the great king Thorin communed with the captain of the nearby Dale army.

King Thorin, "The Time is here, for us to take the rebel city. We assisted you in the fight to drive off the Easterlings, we request now your assistance in taking the rebel city."

Captain Tor, "We are all too happy to help this time great king under the mountain. But when the day is done we can help no more in this region for the call has been made and My lord requires us elsewhere."

Narrator: So again the two allies found themselves joining together. The army under King Thorin set up their rams and set out towards the city. In a short amount of time the gates were breached and the battle was underway.

King Thorin, "The gate is down, my stout dwarves let nothing come between you and victory. Now go into the breach and bring us victory!"

Narrator: The fighting was fierce as the rebels would not give up the city lightly, The rebels fought tooth and nail to hold the gate but eventually the stocky Dwarves managed to take the gate. Meanwhile With the help of another ram near the men of dale they breached the city as well. The arrival of Dale in the city was too much to handle for the rebels and after being quickly enveloped by the numbers of the two armies fell quickly.

King Thorin, " The day is ours! Men I must ask you to refrain from looting this time, the citizens took no part in the fighting it would be wrong for us to claim what is not ours. For now let us fetch our Ale and drink with our friends from Dale who have been great allies since the battle of the five armies many years ago."

Captain Tor, "Nay great King, for we must depart immediately our efforts are required else where, but before I go take this as a token of the respect I have for you. It is a dagger of your kind I aquired long ago. It does me great honor to return it to its rightful owners. I also have another gift one that I part with not lightly, It was passed down from my father to me and i would not part with it at all if it was not for one of your brave warriors whom took a javalin in the chest to save me. Behold a great scale of Smaug. May it Inspire your men as yours have inspired me. Farewell great King and hold strong the Tribes of Rhun will not forget the great defeat they suffered last night."

King Thorin, "A great thanks upon you Tor of Dale. I shall hold these gifts upon me at all times to remember the great deeds we accomplished here."

Narrator: The King made only a short stay in the city before heading backtowards his great fortress to retrain and restock supplies for another campaign. Meanwhile, Lord Dwalin defending the great city Erebor in the Kings absence heard of a great goblin host bearing down on the mountain he decided to meet them on the open field.

Lord Dwalin, " Straight at the filthy goblins hew them with our great axes leave none alive."

Narrator: Dwalin made a grave mistake underestimating the goblin horde and brought no ranged warriors to this fight. The goblin skirmishers unleashed death from afar as they dwarves closed ranks. Many brave dwarves fell before ever swinging their axe. The fighting was fierce and the goblins sat atop a hill.

Narrator: After a long hard fight with much death to both armies the weary goblin horde retreated. The Dwarves won the field this day but at what cost?

end chp 2.

Chp. 3
    Spoiler for chp3
    Chp. 3

Dwarven Scribe, "Great King Thorin I have dire news we have lost our artists depictions for the past five years. we will have no way to show the triumph and valor of our great warriors except through words."

Thorin, "This is an unfortunate event but it means little, for I have great trust that you can give a full recount of the happenings in my kingdom over the past five years."

Scribe, "Yes King I shall do as you wish."

Brief account of the happenings during the year 2959 of the Third Age.

-King Thorin pulled his army away from the east and headed back to Erebor to retrain and gather up his forces for an assault on Dain's halls. Towards the end of the year something strange was happening in the forests of Mirkwood. A mass exodus had taken place and in merely one season the silvan elves of Mirkwood had vanished leaving no trace behind except abandoned settlements.

Year 2960 T.A.
    -King Thorin seeing the opportunity to claim all of Mirkwood for his kingdom decided the campaign to reclaim Dain's Halls would be postponed and turned his eyes on Mirkwood. He set out from Erebor with a massive army and marched towards Thranduil's halls. Thorin's hope to arrive before anyone else were foiled as the abandoned city was already held by a medium sized group of rebels. Thorin not wanting to waste time sieging one settlement assaulted the city as soon as siege equipment was built. The fighting was fierce but the might of the dwarves was overwhelming and the rebels quickly fell in the streets. Not wanting to leave a large portion of his army behind to guard the city, King Thorin set taxes to low and left only a trusted nobleman and his guards behind to watch over the city.

2961 T.A.
    - King Thorin marched south towards Emyn-nu-fuin when he arrived the same situation as before was presented before him rebels had gotten to the city first. the King chose to wait a few seasons before attacking hoping the rebels would surrender but alas they would not give up the city. When the time felt right he assaulted the city. Again the Dwarves crushed the rebels and again the King left the city in the hands of a single nobleman.

2962 T.A.
    -King Thorin headed back to Erebor to retrain and continue on his initial goal to reclaim Dain's halls from the orcs and restore the former glory of the Dwarves. Once back in Erebor one unit was sent to investigate Eryn Dolen to see if the rebels had taken that settlement as well.

2963 T.A.
    -King Thorin with a renewed host march towards Dain's Halls. An emmisary comes to the Dwarves from the High Elves. fearing they might suffer from whatever happened to the Elves of Mirkwood they agree to an alliance with the Dwarves thus stopping the war between the High Elves and Eriador

/end chp 3

Chp. 4
    Spoiler for chp4
    Ch. 4

King Thorin, "Dwalin you have thrown away many of our troops because you underestimated the goblins. Now I will take control of your forces and march on Dain's Halls though you defended our homeland successfully in my absence your place is not on the battlefield. You will stay in Erebor where your follies will not lose us any more brave dwarves."

Narrator: Dwalin did as his lord commanded relinquishing his Erebor axemen to the great king. He would stay in Erebor for the time being though his loyalty hung by a mere thread. Thorin took his host Northwest towards Dain's halls. Shadowed along the way by a goblin host. At the same time the Dwarves new alliance with the High Elves came into question when another ally Eriador attacked the Elves. Not wanting to promote hostilities between the few remaining honorable races the dwarven clans sided with the Elves.

Narrator: After a formidable journey with goblins on their heels the entire way, Thorin's army reached Dain's halls and quickly put it to siege while they engineered their devices to assault the city. Undercover of the night Thorin's army assaulted the great castle before the Goblin army outside the city could intervene.

King Thorin, "What devilry is this? Their wall floats above the ground? Goblin mischief is afoot men stand strong and you will make it through this day. let the fear seep into your bones but for a moment and you will fall on this night."

King Thorin, "Ram move to the wall smash down whatever invisible barrier they have conjured!"

King Thorin, "We have done it men we are through their invisible barrier now take the castle!"

Narrator: The fighting was fierce inside the city but the goblins were no match for the elite Dwarven Axemen of Erebor and were all quickly dispatched of.

Narrator: after maneuvering a host of axemen behind the last remaining goblins they feel quickly as they were hewed down from both sides.

Narrator: The remaining goblins surrendered and the day was won for Thorin and company. At last they had taken back a long lost settlement of the Grey Mountains.

Narrator: Still with a great goblin army outside the city none of the victorious dwarves would sleep well tonight. In another part of the realm the lone group of axemen sent to Eryn Dolen have come in contact with the abandoned settlement and were glad to find it completely empty. Perhaps the rebels had heard of the dwarves coming and fled or perhaps they never discovered the settlement no one knows for sure but captain Fundin moved into the city and claimed it for the dwarves gaining much prestiege.

Narrator: When the dwarves awoke after taking Dain's halls the expected to find the goblin army bearing down on them but instead the goblin army had retreated. Seeing his opportunity to move out of the newly aquired fortress Thorin set off to take another settlement Wrakyaburg from the rebels who currently held it.

King Thorin, "Another settlement stands between us and reuniting our fragmented kingdom with our forces in the west. We have not heard from our lord Gimli in quite some time. Make haste men and take the city so we can get runners into and over the misty mountains to see how they fare in the west."

King Thorin, "Let the moon guide us as it has in so many battles thusfar in our campaign to conquer the mountains. I need not command you in this fight you are all seasoned veterans now and know what must be done. Attack!"

Narrator: Another settlement attacked another settlement claimed by the might of the Dwarves. The outcome was decided before the first ram breached the gate. A massacare ensued and the castle lay quiet as the dead were buried.

Runner, "King Thorin, I have news Dain a promising young dwarf is besotted with Bestela should you wish it he can be here soon after the wedding if they have your blessing to proceed?"

King Thorin, "Indeed they do have my blessing. I have heard of this young man for years now, go quickly and bring him here I will teach him what I know of war for someday he may lead an army of his own."

Narrator: The time had come for the faceoff between the goblin army which had been a threat now for years hiding here and there at last they were to be taken care of by Thorin and company. While that battle was about to take place a company of dragon slayers the most feared of all dwarven warriors had come to Dain's Halls seeking to aid in the conquest of the goblins. They would not be ready in time for this battle but a fearsome opponant for whomever does get to meet them on the battlefield.

Thorin, "The stage is set men we at last get to meet this goblin host on the field. This time my friends the outcome will be much different then when Dwalin led you."

Thorin, "They have the high ground men do not assault them while they hold to that hill instead march to as even as ground as possible and make a shield for our crossbowmen let them take care of the skirmishers then we can move in and finish them off."

Thorin, "The plan worked perfectly the host was forced to attack us because they could not handle our barrage of bolts. Now horsemen from Dale hit them on their flanks to finish them off."

Thorin, "The ransom has been refused rid us of these prisoners men."

Narrator: The land trembled as the Dwarves had another crushing victory and even more frightening then their current success is the success that is about to follow as the dwarves have uncovered ancient secrets which have led to better training of troops. That paired with the recent recruitting of Dragon Slayers the Dwarven army has been handedly bolstered in power.

Narrator: Elsewhere in the world the Dwarves long time Ally, Rohan has had its capital taken. Could the dominion of man be about to fall?

Narrator: Seeing Rohan's great city Edoras taken by the Goblins, Eriador has come back to us asking again for an alliance. Our terms were simple cease attacks on the Elves and we could again be brothers in arms. They were all too happy to accept.

End Chp. 4

Chp. 5
    Spoiler for chp5

Narrator: The council of nobles had sent King Thorin south back through mirkwood just when he was poised to push through the goblins and take more of the mountains. The King would have pursued his own agenda if not for the great reward the council offered him. They offered some of the best units available if he could take Ost-in-gil for the kingdom. Knowing that those units would be a major boon to the military might of the dwarves the great King traveled south.

King Thorin, "Elf give over the city peacefully you appear to be the last of your kind as i have traveled throughout mirkwood and seen no other silvan elf."

Alassien, "Filthy dwarf how dare you even talk to me. Long have I distrusted your kind and just after a mysterious plague comes through these woods and wipes out my kin you show up and claim it for yourself. I know it was you who devised such an illness to wipe my kin and take our lands. No I will not give over the city to you even now the plague has taken me and with my last few days I will see you and all your host dead at my gates."

King Thorin, "So be it, Rams ahead!"

Runner, "Sir, we have knocked holes in their wall and, the elf lord has taken in orcs to aid him what kind of madness has taken him that he would ally with an orc?"

King Thorin, "It is the last grasp of a diseased and dieing man, having lived for thousands of years the thought of dieing is too much for him. I will send in Dain to handle him personally."

King Thorin, "Dain go put the elf out of his misery and take care of any orcs who stand in your way."

Dain, "I will do as you bid my lord."

Dain, "Such a hideous thing you have become Alassien no elf would ally with the orcs, it is now time for you to die."

Alassien, "It was you dwarves that did this to me! Look at me, look what i have become because of your treachary, My entire body turning into Mithril but not the Mithril you know dwarf after my heart no longer beats it will crumble and turn into a fine dust and blow away with the wind. My entire people taken by this disease I am the last and I will see you dead for it!"

Narrator: A viscous battle ensued between the dieing elf and Dain but the elf being too sick to contend with the might of the dwarf fell and so passed the last of the Silvan elves the orcs fled the city once their leader was slain and another victory for the great King Thorin was had.

King Thorin, "A sad day for middle earth to see the last of a proud race fall. Men take what you will from the city there are none left here to object the orcs slaughtered everyone before we arrived on the field."

Runner, "King Thorin I have with me a letter from the nobles in Erebor."

King Thorin, "Perfect four units of the strongest dwarves we can field. Go now and make haste tell them to move east with our newly aquired troops. I believe it is time we push east again."

King Thorin, "As much as I wish to lead the campaign in the east I will continue to head the front here in the west. Dain gather the men up we march for Beorn's Halls."

Narrator: The King knew he could not waste much time down south because while he was down here. The Goblins north around Gundabad were bolstering their numbers. He took time only to build his rams and then assaulted the city.

King Thorin, "These beorlings are fierce fighters. This will require my best unit to take the gate. Send in the dragon slayers to the front gate! Axemen of Erebor take to the breach in the wall!"

King Thorin, "The walls are ours! Axe throwers move towards the town square once you have exhausted your throwing axes assault the square and leave none alive."

King Thorin, "The city is ours! Rest for now but when the sun rises tomorrow we march north."

Chp. 6
    Spoiler for chp6

Narrator: With the capture of Beorn's Halls the Dwarven empire was unrivaled in its mass. Two goblin armies were camped just outside Beorn's Halls. This would be a crucial time for Thorin and company push these goblins past the misty mountains and waste a season or move around them and head north immediately before the forces of Gundabad could muster enough men to make a push into Dwarven lands in the north.

Thorin, "Dain, I seek your council in this decision. Should I move on the goblins nearby or make haste north and hope by putting pressure on their last north settlements pull this host away from the south and do battle on our own terms as opposed to theirs."

Dain, "I believe we crush the two armies near us now but under the cover of darkness and take them both seperately so their numbers are quite reduced in each engagement. Once our newly aquired settlements are free from invasion in the south then head north and hope we are not too late to prevent Gundabad from unleashing its furry across the Grey Mountains."

Thorin, "You are young but have good knowledge of tactics. I was thinking the same plan. We will do just that and tackle the immediate threat nearby then move north."

Narrator: The Dwarven army moved in at night on the smaller goblin host and were on them before they even knew what was going on. Crossbowman let loose thousands of bolts into the goblins but by the time they could muster a counter attack they had less then half their army still standing.

The King and his men stood proud at the slaughter but the night was not yet through they had another host still to face.

Thorin, "A commendable job, we will stop quickly at camp to restock on bolts and then move on to the second host."

Thorin, "Crossbowman forward! desimate their skirmishers before they get in range."

Dain, "My King Thorin, may I suggest to move the calvary to the flanks before our infantry engage with their main line."

Thorin, "A wise decision but first lets send in the heavy hitting Erebor axemen so our calvaries movement goes unnoticed until it is too late."

Thorin, "Axe throwers the enemy skirmishers have made a grave mistake they have moved to close to you charge them now and take them off guard."

Thorin, "Now we have them, their army has engaged with our warriors and they have not noticed the calvary men of Dale moving to their rear. Once they crash home they will be the hammer and our men the anvil."

Dain, "Indeed this fight is over now that the Dale calvary men have hit them in the rear. Let us end this now and move north immediately the few remaining goblins we capture are not worth the delay to reach the north again."

Narrator: After the two victories Thorin and his army minus a small garrison for Beorn's Halls moved north. In the mean time far in the east with the gift of Dragon Slayers by the council earlier. The general Narfi moved with an army of Dwarves across the sea of Rhun in some questionable dwarven made boats.

Narfi, "Men the easterlings will be caught unaware as we take their city across the sea. They will not expect a sea invasion by us Dwarfs. We will capture Kelepar as soon as possible and disrupt Rhun's inner kingdom before they know what has happened."

Narfi, "In the season which we built our siege engines a makeshift army of Rhun has come to the cities aid. But it matters not because they are no match for the might of the dwarves and with our newly aquired dragon slayers they will be no match for us. Assault the walls!"

Narfi, "Send the dragonslayers and warriors in to the city immediately once the walls are ours move directly to the city square. Take out their leader before the reinforcments arrive."

Narfi, "crossbowman form ranks and take on their reinforcements before they can enter the city."

Narrator: The battle was fierce in the square and while the crossbowman did great damage they failed to prevent all reinforcements from entering the city. The battle was gruesome in the city square.

Narrator: The men of Rhun were no match for the dragonslayers in close combay and even their general and his guards fell in time to the men in black.

Narfi, "Hold men the last few survivers have yielded their arms to us. The city is ours, spare the last few men and give them a last meal..."

Narfi, " Execute them after they are fed along with the rest of the city. Rhun will know our might when one of their greatest cities is gone after tomorrow."

Narrator: The tide was set for Rhun to retaliate against the dwarfs whom had just taken one of their greatest cities. The goblins near Gundabad were building their numbers and it was rumored they had cave trolls. What will fate have in store for the great king Thorin or the upcoming general Narfi who through great risk has sacked a major Rhun city and alone in the far east must contend with the entire might of Rhun.

Chp. 7
    Spoiler for chp7

Narrator: Narfi and his company in the east sat tight in their newly acquired city of Kelepar, meanwhile in the west there was still no word from Gimli and the dwarves of the far west. Profits from the west have been miniscule perhaps those cities have been taken by the corrupt. Thorin knew he must unite the territory of the dwarves soon. after arriving back in the north he pondered a decision.

Thorin, "Dain what do you make of this weather? it is abnormally frigid even for the Grey Mountains. Should we make immediately for Gundabad or retrain and restock on supplies in Dain's halls then push through Framburg first and then Gundabad?"

Dain, "With a winter such as this I believe it prudent we resupply lest the men become starved and discontent. You have pushed them hard the last few seasons, it would be wise to give them a rest I believe."

Narrator: Thorin and company moved to Dain's halls there they acquired more of the famed dragon slayers and Erebor axemen had arrived as well to the Halls. Wanting to move out quickly Thorin sent his depleted units in for retraining and took all the fresh troops into his army and moved west towards the goblin controlled city of Framburg. There utilizing Thorin's expertise of night fighting they assaulted the city under the cover of darkness to prevent any reinforcements from arriving.

Narrator: Drums sounded from inside the city as the Dwarves advanced with their siege equipment. A roar split the night from just behind the gates as the ram made contact. Even the brave men of Erebor were anxious of what waited for them beyond the wooden gate.

Thorin hearing that roar looked over at dain who was visably trembling.

Thorin, "I know that sound. I heard it once in the deep caves when I was young. That is the sound of a cave troll."

Dain, "Will the men be able to handle such a terror? I fear it has taken me I fear to move but should you command it I will take my company forward and face this foe in your honor great king."

Thorin, "Hold here, The men of Erebor will not lose heart and soon another company will be there to assist them."

Thorin, "See young Dain the few remaining from the initial push have held their ground and now with the renewed vigor from having another company of their brothers they will prove victorious over the dreaded trolls."

Thorin, "I will leave the rest of the command to you Dain do as you wish."

Dain, "The cave trolls have fallen! Push foward into the square! Take the city and leave none alive!"

Narrator: The cave trolls were a formidable foe for Thorin's men but they were mortal like any other beast and fell in the end to the might of the drwarven axemen. The night was won and the city taken another step towards Gundabad was complete.

Thorin, "We will wait a year for reinforcements as well as fortify our newly acquired city. Then we make for Gundabad. The goblins are spread thin all over the mountains. I will not waste time chasing them down we will siege the city and force them to come to us."

Narrator: A year had passed and Thorin with a few new men marched on Gundabad. There they would find a formidable host inside the city and unknown to Thorin, the goblin forces scattered throughout the mountains were congregating into one of the largest goblin armies seen since the battle of five armies many years ago. The decision to Siege the city instead of engage it may be Thorin's undoing.

Chp. 8
    Spoiler for chp8

Narrator: It was dark on the outskirts of Gundabad. Thorin and company had the men on high alert. There was a restlessness around camp. Earlier that day one of the men who was blessed with astute hearing claim to have heard drums in the distance, drums not from the city but behind them somewhere in the distance. Thorin stared at a map of the surrounding area pondering his decision with his Third in command.

Thorin, "I fear that I have made a grave error in not taking the city as soon as possible the goblins can amass a massive host in such a short time. I think it was unwise of me to send the Dale cavalry back to Dale for retraining. We are blind out here now in the darkness without capable scouts."

At that moment Dain burst Into the tent with some dire news.

Dain, "Goblins move behind us. My best men went out and scouted, they report the goblins are right behind them and number around four thousand, we do not have much time to prepare. We will be forced to contend with the host from the city as well if we choose to do battle now. Otherwise we could concede the ground and siege now and fight when we are more prepared."

Thorin, "We fight now! I will not be called a coward. The goblins know me as a tyrant to their kind and I will not back away not now and not ever! To battle! arouse the troops and make haste if the goblins are as close as your men say we will need to move quickly to gain the high ground."

Thorin, "Set up two rows of crossbows behind our infantry, Dain I will need you to help hold the line, we must protect out crossbowmen if we are to have victory this day. We will start the battle as far away from the opposing armies as possible hopefully they will join and assault as as one force so our crossbowman will have more targets to hit. Set up the Dragonslayers on the flanks and one group to anchor our middle. Quickly now the enemy is upon us."

Dain observed the field as the battle began the first bolts were loosed on the enemy and the goblins responded with arrows of fire.

Narrator: The brave dwarves readied themselves as the host of goblins marched ever closer. almost six thousand goblins and their beastly trolls. Thorin had gotten through every battle before and in this the men trusted, with that thought their spirts stayed steady.

Dain watched as a fearsome sight crested the top of the hill in front of him. Cave trolls even before where they had encountered them in battle he had never had to face one personally. This time though he would have no choice they were headed straight towards him. Dain thought perhaps the dragonslayers would handle the trolls before they reached him but at seeing the havok those monstrosities had done in former engagements he did not have high hopes.

Chaos comenced as the Trolls and goblin infantry clashed with the line. The famed dragon slayers stopped the initial charge but that just inferiated the trolls.

Thorin, "Crossbowman fire on the trolls aim high as to avoid our men."

Dain cringed as the bolts flew overhead and crashed home into the trolls. "A small fluctuation in the trajectory could send one of those bolts through the back of my head" he thought.

The crossbowmen did the trick and the first wave was beaten and their captain dead but more were coming and it looked as though there were endless amounts of goblins.

Dain barked orders as a group of cave trolls met with his unit. "Aim for their joints it might be the only way to bring them down their hide will be softest in those areas." Dain hoped this was true at this point he was willing to say anything to inspire his men in the face of overwhelming odds.

Just when they brought down the trolls the second wave of goblins smashed into the line. It looked like they would get no rest until this battle was completely over. The goblins covered the hill completely and paired with the blackness of night, it was as if the night had taken hold of the ground as well. The dwarves would have to fight bravely to keep from being swallowed by this night. Dain hoped he would see the sunrise if at least just one last time it reminded him of his beloved Bestla back home.

Thorin surveyed the field and hoped the line would hold at least until the crossbows had expended all their bolts. He hoped the last of the cave trolls would fall quickly he feared they might cause his men to panic if they broke through the line.

Dain fought with everything he had as more goblins came upon his unit. They would normally pose no problem, but after encountering the trolls his axe felt heavy and he could not swing it with as much force as normal. He knew in order for him to get back to his Bestla he had to fight on though and with a still sharp axe and a sturdy shield he fought on.

Thorin then saw it. An opening a chance to advance and potentially surround the goblin host.

Thorin ordered the famous Erebor axemen into the fray by having them swing around and hit the goblins on their right flank.

The dragon slayers needed no orders they seeing the great axemen attack would not be out done in this fight they charge inwards to the goblin host as well from the right flank also.

The battle in all its chaos was losing its grip on formations and unity. The dragon slayers on the left flank broke the line and rushed down upon the weak snaga who approached too close to the men of Ered Mithran.

The Snaga were no match for the dragon slayers and in the chaos their general was slain.

Dain fought side by side with men from Erebor and Ered Mithran along with his own unit they pressed ever inward to the goblin host that still remained slaying as they went. He felt the tide had turned perhaps he would make it out alive to see Bestla again someday.

It was not long before the remaining goblins turned and fled the field.

One last regiment of the toughest goblins stood their ground until they were cut down.

Thorin looked across the battleground and let out a sigh of relief. Even he had doubted they might prevail on this day, a doubt he would confide in no one but himself.

Dain having come from the front lines, "King Thorin the day is ours the remaining goblins have retreated but I fear they will reach the city before us and take refuge inside."

Thorin, "It matters not they will die anyway I do not care whether it is inside the city or out."

Dain, "What should we do with the goblins whom were to injured to escape should we put them out of their misery?"

Thorin, "Nay, Demand payment for them and give their scum back to them If we slay them not or later it matters not to me a dead goblin is a dead goblin at least we might get some coin this way."

Narrator: With such a mighty victory the King under the mountain learned some valueable combat experiances, ones which we could apply in any fight which lay ahead. He was now at the pinacle of battle knowledge and expertise.

Narrator: Still Gundabad was not won yet, would Thorin be able to take it before the goblins mounted another attack?

Chp. 9
    Spoiler for chp9

Narrator: Thorin continued the siege of Gundabad. His melee forces were severely weakened after the last great battle and he did not want to risk the crossbowman or his nobles in melee quite yet. He called for reinforcements from Dain's Halls and the upcoming general Nali set out with aid. At the same time, Narfi in the east set out on his makeshift boats again across the Sea of Rhun setting siege to Mistrand hoping to take another coastal city from the Easterlings.

The night was thick and the darkness engulfed Nali as he whispered his orders to the Dwarves.

Nali, "We have come across a group of goblins making their way north to Gundabad I presume. We will take them in the night so they do not reach King Thorin in the north. The enemy is close I do not want our presence known until our crossbowman are raining bolts upon them. Move now and be as silent as Dwarvenly possible."

As the Dwarves moved towards their enemy a loud clang rang through the ranks. Two Dwarves had tripped over each other as they attempted to sneak towards the enemy. The Goblins formed ranks immediately and marched on the Dwarves.

The crossbowman let loose when the snaga goblins got in range and decimated their ranged forces before they could do much damage to the advancing dragon slayers.

When the goblin infantry met with the dragon slayers it was a slaughter.

The remaining goblins fled for their lives as bolts continued to fall among them. The dragon slayers not wanting to expend too much energy did not pursue the fleeing goblins. They still had a long march ahead of them before the reached King Thorin.

Nali, "Well done my stout dwarves but we must not tarry here long Thorin needs assistance in the north we march immediately to give him aid."

Nali had his first victory under his belt. Could this be the begining of a great general?

Meanwhile in the east Narfi out numbered nearly 3 to 1, was engaged by the faction leader of the easterlings and his heir. In Narfi's desire to take some of the most powerful Rhun cities he had brought the wrath of the Easterlings onto him and his men. The greatest armies of Rhun and best commanders had come for his head.

Narfi, "We will take position with the mountain to our back and left flank this will ensure we are not taken from behind."

The armies of Rhun were gathering in the distance and decending from the hill on the left flank.

The dragon slayers stood unwavering in the face of odds that would daunt the heart of even the bravest man, but dwarves were made of sterner stuff.

The crossbowman were able to fire upon the easterlings from great range due to the height advantage the hill offered them.

The heir of Rhun furious over the former sacking of Kelepar threw caution aside and charged directly through a hail of axes and smashed home too a devastating effect.

The dragon slayers continued to hold the line all hope of victory depended upon the thin line defending the crossbowman.

The easterlings blinded by rage charged recklessly up the hill while bolts smashed into their ranks.

They met with the best the dwarves had to offer, the famed dragonslayers. They were no match for the dwarves and could not break the line.

In but a moment the tide of battle changed as the heir of Rhun fell. His father furious over the death of his son he commanded his unit to charge directly at the dragon slayers in hopes of breaking through and causing a mass route.

This gambit did not prevail as he along with most his noblemen were slain and the line still held.

The final force of easterlings came upon the dwarves and the crossbowman were nearly out of bolts.

The remaining dragonslayers held strong and one unit charged around the right flank in hopes of catching their captain.

While the Chieftan of Rhun failed in his gambit the one orchestrated by Narfi worked to perfection as the dragon slayers slew the remaining captain and caused a mass panic among his men.

The remaining easterlings fled the field of battle.

Narfi was quickly becoming a hero of the dwarves and an aspiring commander at that. He and his rag tag army not even at full capacity had single handedly taken two of the greatest Rhun cities, defeated the greatest Rhun leaders and splintered the faction forever. The Clans of Rhun losing their great leaders had factured. The forces of dark suffered a devastating blow on this day and in a world taken by the darkness a small light shined that night.

Seeing the opportunity now in the east the council of dwarves residing still at Erebor commanded and army be gathered quickly to help conquer the remaining factured clan's cities in the east. It was now a race to the newly rebel settlements.

Chp. 10
    Spoiler for chp10

Narrator: With Rhun now defeated the Dwarves decided to focus most of the empires efforts in connecting with the Dwarves far in the west. No word had gotten through in many years since the goblins had control of all passages north of Isengard and if the rumors were true Isengard had sided with the forces of evil and could not be trusted either. The only way to get contact with the Dwarves of the west would be through force of arms. Gundabad was about to fall at last perhaps this was the key to breaking the goblins in the north.

Thorin, "The enemy having run out of supplies has been forced to attack us with an inferior force. Take up arms and show them no mercy."

Thorin, "Since they are the ones who must get past us we will take position on the top of a formidable hill. They will be cut apart as they trudge up the hill in this rain with our bolts smashing into their ranks."

Thorin, "This battle I shall dirty my axe with the blood of goblins. I have spent too long behind the lines observing and commanding. This time they will know my wrath first hand."

Narrator: Thorin found a fight in the midst of battle, against a formidable foe, the general Lunug had sought out the King and they battled on the muddy hilltop. Axe clashed with Goblin wrought steel blade and The axe proved mightier as the goblin leader fell to the great King Thorin.

Thorin, "Our enemy flees now that I have taken the head of their leader! Let them run back to their kind and tell of the might of our armies. Let them shake and cower in fear deep in their mountain homes as they wait for us to come reclaim our mountains."

Thorin, "Slay all in the city. Purge it of all goblin filth so that it is fit to live in for future Dwarven generations."

Narrator: The council of nobles meanwhile decided to give an odd mission to the fleet in the sea of Rhun. They ordered a blockade on the port of Mistrand just before it was about to fall. Perhaps wanting more success in the east just wanted and excuse to provide them with more elite units.

Narrator: Back in the West with the recent fall of Gundabad a great thing happened. Word had gotten through from the west at last. Gimli was on his way east to meet up with the forces of the east and give a report of the happenings in the west.

Thorin, "Nali I will send you to Gimli while I consolidate our forces near Gundabad and make for another push on the goblins. I need time to analyze and decide whether to head south now through the misty mountains or take back the entire Angmar Range and head for Gram."

Nali, "Yes my King I will get his report."

Narrator: Nali and Gimli met inbetween Carn Dum and Gundabad.

Gimli, "I have heard of your feats Nali while word of mine may not have made it through to the east the happenings of the east certainly have gotten through in the west. A promising young commander you are becoming, perhaps I can assist with that. I grant you my former title Captain of the Iron Guard. My campaigning days are about through I have taken Carn Dum a few years back but could not get word through to the east. Gram poses the biggest threat to us in the west since they are close to striking distance on Carn Dum and I do not have an army capable of more then just defense at the moment."

Nali, "I thank you for the honor of the title you have beseeched upon me." "I must make haste now back to our king and inform him that we hold Carn Dum and that Gram is an immediate threat."

Narrator: Nali traveled back to Gundabad and held council with King Thorin.

Thorin, "What news from the west?"

Nali, "Gimli has taken Carn Dum but only has enough to hold it and can not advance upon Gram. He has given me the honor of commanding the Iron Guard."

Thorin, "Quite the honor that is young Nali, Let me add to that honor with those of my own. You have great command potential and you are not as soft with the goblins as Dain. Take this greatly wrought Dagger and Scale of the infamous Smaug. Along with those small tokens I shall honor you with another title, Guardian of the Halls."

Thorin, "You will now accompany me on our march to take Gram."

Nali, "This is a great honor my King but what of Dain I believe he will take great offense at being overlooked"

Thorin, "He will accept his duty he is much too noble to do anything about it." "Besides your command ability far outweighes his and he knows this. You might be the youngest general to ever have such great knowledge of command."

Narrator: Back in the east the council of nobles were pleased to see their mission carried out and awarded the Dwarven Empire with more units of elite Dragonslayers.

Also in the east great cities formerly of Rhun were falling rapidly to the might of the dwarves. The commanders in the east showed no mercy to the newly aquired cities.

Narrator: As Thorin made it to Gram and sieged the city a great event happened the army engineers had a break through in technology which allowed them to produce the best armor and weapons possible allowing recruitment of the highest quality of troops.

Narrator: What will become of the dwarves power now that they have the best available troops at their disposal with the young up and coming general Nali. Could this be the event needed to finally reclaim long lost Khazad-dum?

Chp. 11
    Spoiler for chp11

Thorin, "The goblins have surrounded us and are attempting to break our siege of Gram." "Hurry form ranks crossbowman on the hill with dragon slayers in front."

Thorin, "They have brought more trolls with them. Nali form a shield wall and stay back. You are too young to face these monstrosities in open battle." "Let our dragon slayers handle them."

Thorin, "See my young general their trolls are no match for our...ARGHHH"

Nali, "My king!!! Nooo. Dragon slayers go to the kinds aid the goblins have brought a host of trolls and men around our backs and are coming down the hill en masse. They blind sided our King and he has fallen in battle. Rally around his body and drive off the remaining trolls and goblins."

Nali, "Calvary men of Dale swing around up higher on the mountain and take the goblins from behind use the momentum gained from coming down the hill to deliver a killer blow we must route the goblins who snuck in behind us immediately a two sided front at this time will end us."

Narrator: Nali's plan worked to perfection as the dragonslayers made it up the hill in time to save the crossbowman and were the anvil to the cavalries hammer. The goblin host whom took the dwarves by surprise was routed.

Dwarven bodyguard. "General Nali we request to charge into the oncoming host of goblins by ourselves. Our King has fallen and it is our fault allow us to join him in the afterlife by battle."

Nali, "So be it if that is your wish. Go now and may you take many goblins with you."

Nali, "The goblins are down to one unit of halberd left, they are slow and cumbersome surround them and crush them."

Nali, "They flee, crossbowman fire into their backs, they will pay for killing our king all goblins will now pay dearly."

Narrator: Victory was for the dwarves this day. But to the empire of the dwarves forged mostly by the great King Thorin it did not feel like a victory. The greatest king the dwarves have ever had slain by a troll. Back in Erebor a great tomb was built in the mountain for the former king. This was a day that every dwarf who lived will remember for the rest of their lives.

Narrator: The new king Dwalin recruited some horsemen of Dale and headed west right away. He was bent on the glory which Thorin had claimed and his resentment for being stuck in Erebor for years while Thorin was gaining great renown on the battlefield drove him blind to all else that happened in his newly aquired empire. Rebels routinely surfaced now that the fear of King Thorin was gone. Dwalin's authority was pathetic compared to the former Kings.

Narrator: Meanwhile Dain took what army was left in Dain's Halls and made west immediately on the news that Thorin had fallen.

Dain thought to himself, "After having campaigned with Thorin for so long, he had to know why Nali was still standing but Thorin was not. especially after Thorin had given Nali some great honors. Perhaps he was more ambitious then the king thought. Maybe he sat there and looked on while the King was slain. These questions burned in his mind as he raced west."

Nali, "Men We move south leaving only enough garrison to hold Gram. We must us the victory at Gram and push our advantage to coldfells immediately... It is what King Thorin would have wished."

Narrator: Elsewhere in the world the fall of Rhun may have shaken the bonds of the dark forces as Harad finding a new way to harness the power of the Oliphant for war decided to challenge the might of Mordor and the two nations clashed.

The council of nobles decided to act on their own accord without Dwalin around they decided to command the forces in the east and sent them on a mission.

Narrator: Nali had reached and put coldfells to siege. Dain also was near to his goal and he wanted answers. They would have to wait for now as he was sandwhiched between Coldfells and a goblin host trying to cross the bridge to resque the city. He would wait until the city fell then he would have his answers.

On the trip west Dwalin came across one of the many rebels poping up all over the empire. He went to put a stop to these small rebelions.

Dwalin's men were fearless and they cut through the weak militia like they were butter. The new king himself partook in the fighting. He enjoyed the blood and was taken by some wicked sort of bloodlust in battle.

Dwalin personally took the head of the rebel general and his men fled.

Narrator: A new reign of terror has come for the dwarves. The new king will do anything for a fight and he will show no mercy to anyone who comes in his path. The great days of the late king Thorin are over. A new day has dawned a black day the days of Dwalin, may his reign be short for all of middle earth's sake.

Chp. 12
    Spoiler for chp12

Narrator: The rebel cities formerly of Rhun were falling quickly and most surrendering peacefully when their rations had been depleted. Though they surrendered without action against the armies of the dwarves by decree of the new King Dwalin they were all to be put to the sword for wasting precious Dwarven time.

The council was pleased with the efforts of the dwarves in the east and awarded the war effort with some valueable coin.

In a daring move the new King Dwalin ordered the newly aquired city of Tirith Thoron to be given to our Allies of Dale. Perhaps he wanted merely to improve relations or perhaps his plan was more sinister and he intended to use Dale as a buffer against nearby Isengard and Mordor. Nothing is certain because the new King does not confide his plans to anyone but himself.

In the west an army of Goblins decended upon Nali and his army in attempt to free Coldfells. Apparently they had went the long way around instead of trying to force their way past the Dwarven army controlling the bridge to the south.

Nali, "Fortune smiles on us this day the goblins have decided to attack us on the ground I have chosen. We have an easily defenedable position upon a rocky hill. We will split our forces to fend off our opponants two pronged attack at once and use the high ground so our Crossbowman have more range.

Nali, "They have brought Trolls. Dragonslayers to the Front! Show them just how easily their flesh is sundered."

Nali, "Blast it where are the dragon slayers on our right flank? The warriors and axemen will not hold for long, Calvary man of dale go now and tell the dragon slayers headed to that front to make haste immediately they do not have time to spare."

The dragon slayers still had not arrived and the goblins who followed the trolls had made it up the hill. The battle hung entirely on the remaining warriors and axemen to hold out until the dragon slayers could provide assistance.

It was at this moment when an unexpected event transpired an event which would swing the entire battle in one instant to the Dwarves side.

The goblin general on the right flank fell in battle. This was the break needed since the dragonslayers were still on their way and the few remaining warriors and axmen could have broke at any moment.

Nali, "Men of Dale escort the fleeing goblins off the field and out of this life...Leave none alive."

The warriors and axemen filled with renewed vigor at seeing many goblins fleeing decided amoung themselves to charge down the hill with reckless abandon not caring for their own lives anymore they were caught up in the frenzy of battle.

On the left flank of the hill where the goblin army was thickest. The Dragon slayers held strong against the horde.

The ranks of goblins were pressed together so tightly they were unable to raise their shields to defend against the incomming dwarven bolts.

Nali, "The goblins are getting through our line on the left, Send in the reserve dragon slayers before they goblins are able to reach our crossbowman."

While the battle was still raging on the left flank the right was won as the men of Dale cut down the remaining goblin leader Shaguf.

Hearing of their leader slain the remaining goblins fled the field. The carnage was immense where the battle was fought on the hills. It would take most the night to burn the carcasses. One can not leave goblins untorched as their bodies can harbor filthy diseases.

Right Flank aftermath

Far Left Flank

Middle Left Flank

Narrator: Coldfells had fallen to Nali and by decree of Dwalin every city taken must be purged of all living beings minus those whom were essential to maintaining the city.

The night after the battle, Dain camped at the bridge to the south. He saw fires burning a short ways away, in the north west. "He knew Nali had won and those were the bodies of goblins put to the torch. If the goblins had won their would be no fires as the goblins enjoy their meat raw. The time had come for his answers about the day Thorin had met his end. He sent his runner to request a meeting with Nali. His message was brief he did not want to make Nali aware of his suspicions until he had him alone away from his army. The time was very near now. At last he would have his answers..."

Chp. 13

Spoiler for chp13
    Narrator: The newest edition to the royal family by way of marriage to the lady Urd is another Gimli. Born of humble origins named after the great Lord Gimli son of Gloin whom was greatly admired. He had the natural talent of command and was welcomed into the Noble ranks with great expectations for his future.

King Dwalin had gathered a formidable army on his way towards the Misty Mountains, He was traversing the great mountains in stead of going around in hopes of remaining undetected to the goblins until he could decend upon their great capital.

Nearby Coldfells General Nali had come to answer the summons of Lord Dain.

Dain, "General Nali, Tell me about the battle of Gram. How is it that you came out of that fight without a drop of blood on your armor while our great King was cut down in battle."

Nali, "Lord Dain, It is with great regret I did not save the King. The truth of the matter is that the trolls took us by surprise and by time I was even aware of the trolls attacking the King, He was already slain. It is true I could have come to the aid of his men then but I choose to stay out of the fight and command the troops safely behind my mens shield wall. It would do no good to the empire if we lost generals at Gram."

Dain, "I do not believe you. I will see you held accountable for what happened at Gram. When I return to Erebor I will request a tribunal be held to look into your actions at Gram. I suggest you head back to Erebor with me so the trial can start immediately."

Nali Smiled.

Nali, "I am afraid I am going to disappoint you. I have a letter here from the current King Dwalin with some orders for...the both of us."

Dain, "What? Give it to me I must see for myself."

General Nali, Lord Dain,

I have word Coldfells has been taken. I am glad to hear of this news. I require now your assistance, To Nali, Take command of Dain's force and move south immediately. The High Elves have granted us access to pass through their lands. Dain, It has come to my attention you have been deeply troubled about the recent passing of former Kind Thorin. As such I am ordering you to take the units which need retraining back to Dain's Halls. Nali is also to no longer be troubled about the battle of Gram. I need his focus on the battles ahead not on the battles behind.

Dain, "What is this madness? My command stripped from me and im forced to retreat with the wounded."

Nali,
    "Your reasoning has been put in jeopardy ever since Thorin fell, By order of the King I am removing you from command of this army. You are to head back to Dain's halls immediately."

Narrator: Dain being an honorable dwarf was compelled by his own concious to obey the King's orders. He has no choice but to accept his exile and return to Dain's Halls. A few seasons later another great dwarf passed away. Gimli son of Gloin had passed on to the halls of the afterlife.

Dwalin, "We have come across the great goblin capital. Quickly men build the equipment needed to breach their walls."

Dwalin, "The goblins must be aware of Nali coming from the northwest. They are attempting to drive us away before Nali arrives. We will slay them all and destroy their capital by ourselves then. They are led by the great goblin commander Gazlun. He is remarkably intelligent for a goblin we will have to slay him quickly so the rest of the goblins lose heart."

Narrator: The goblins decended on the Dwarves from the left and front. Their numbers were overwhelming.

Dwalin, "The men will not hold out long with these odds If the dwarves start to break we will flee the field. Send orders to the troops they are not to retreat under and circumstance. Perhaps they will delay the horde long enough for our escape to Nali."

Narrator: It was in that moment when Dwalin was about to flee the field that a miracle happened.

The Goblin general Gazlun had fallen in battle.

Dwalin, "What is this? The goblins are breaking! Send in the Erebor axemen. Fate has smiled on us this day."

The dwarves surged forward with renewed vigor and the remaining goblin leaders fell one after another in rapid succession.

The axemen fought valiantly alone without assistance from the other dwarven units.

In the middle of the line the dragon slayers pushed forward.

The remaining goblins knowing defeat was now certain fled the field with dwarves in hot pursuit.

Dwalin was victorious. Perhaps he was not as inept at command as previously thought.

Dwalin, "Slay the captured goblins and Kill all in their city. Ensure there are no survivors."

Narrator: The goblin capital had fallen to the new King and he set his sights south. He was close to claiming glory that would render Thorin an afterthought in everyones mind. Khazad-Dum was within his reach. He would march south as soon as possible.

Chp. 14
    Spoiler for chp14
    Dwalin, "The remaining snaga from the battle of Goblin Town have been spotted south along the pass through the Misty Mountains. I will handle them alone with my bodyguards.

Dwalin, "A head on charge will break them men do not be discouraged by their javelins they can not pennetrate our armor."

During the battle just before the goblins broke and ran admist the chaos of battle a lone snaga stared into Dwalin's blood thirsty raged eyes just before he was cut down. Dwalin showed no mercy to anyone.

Dwalin, "Die goblin scum!"

The snaga were no match for the fierce Dwarven nobleman and were cut down before the few remaining fled to the hills for safety.

Narrator: In the East the back door to mordor has fallen to the sieging Dwarves. Upper Khand could become the staging area for the push into Mordor in the future.

Narrator: Dwalin moved south with a small regiment of troops hoping to catch the goblins off guard since they just recently lost their capital. He was the one caught off guard though as the goblins decended on him with over double his number in men.

Dwalin, "Stand strong men they are only trolls."

Dwalin *spits* on the grass, "Bring em on."

Dwalin, "Filthy troll die!"

The dragon slayers seeing their King in trouble rushed to his aid.

The battle initially looked good for the dwarves they managed to slay the trolls but their dragon slayers were quickly surrounded and cut down rapidly.

Dwalin, "They are attempting to encircle us. Dig in deep men stand your ground fight your way out!"

The dwarves weary from the long fight started to fall until only the King remained from his unit.

Dwalin, "Stinking goblins I will cut you all down my axe will not be stopped your heads will all role. Nothing can stop me I am....ugh...No I will not fall. My Reign over so soo....n.. no."

The King was dead. His reign came suddenly and ended soon after. He did manage to take the goblin capital in his reign perhaps this made up for a life spent stuck in Erebor.

None survived from the Dwaven army. Could Nali make it too the Misty Mountains in time to save the newly aquired city or would the goblins snatch it right back?

The new King Anar accended to the Throne of the Dwarf Kingdom.

King Anar, "We make for Goblin Town. From there I will discuss with General Nali our course of action. He is quite knowledgable in the arts of warfare I must seek his council. Then we will crush the remaining Goblins and reclaim Khazad Dum!"

Narrator: In the east Narfi famed general of the eastern campaign had moved on Khand the last remaining rebel state remanents from the former Easterling Chiefdom.

Narrator: The stage was set in the east for the invasion of either the southern Harad Tribes or a march through Nurn To the plains of Gorgoroth and even the great fortress of Barad Dur itself. While in the west The Dwarves were a short march away from reclaiming their past glory in its whole as they take back Khazad Dum.

Chp. 15
    Spoiler for chp15
    Narrator: Nali had made it to the Misty Mountains and moved directly south to the new Goblin Capital.

King Anar, "We can not reach Nali before dark we will camp in the pass tonight."

Narrator: In the morning Anar woke to a terrible sight. A band of goblins had discovered their position and were coming for them. The dwarves could not escape in the snowy mountains they were forced to fight alone.

King Anar, "We will take them head on. Charge!"

Anar, "Fight on, if I am to die tonight It will be on the top of a pile of goblin corpses still with axe in hand!"

Captain Yagor, "I will enjoy feasting on your flesh....King..." *his halbard swung down cleaving the Kings head in half*

Narrator: The fight was over. The new King Anar had fallen only a days march away from Nali and his army. It was a dangerous time to be King in the kingdom of the dwarves.

Narrator: Elsewhere in the world of Middle Earth the forces of the Dark Lord have made their move. The hammer would fall on Cair Andros.

Narrator: In the East the last of the Easterling cities had fallen to the dwarves. Narfi had nearly singehandedly conquered all of Rhun.

Narrator: The new King of the Dwarves was Nori, A young ruler but a promising general perhaps in a few season he would mature into a great ruler the likes of which could rival the great king Thorin.

The new kings first order of business was to gift Khand to Rohan in hopes of fostering a better relationship and gaining another force in the south to combat evil.

This prompted Hannar who was residing in upper Khand to reach to new heights and fame with his lexicon of certain diction.

Narrator: The power of ruling at such a young age went directly to Nori's head and he took what forces he had and decided to march along the eastern border with no intention of stopping until he had taken Barad Dur himself.

King Nori, "Send word south to Narfi and Hannar that one of them must command the army in the south and march directly through Nurn and clear a path for my army for when I come we will march on Barad Dur!"

Narfi, "I am not going into mordor I just took on Rhun as your superior officer Hannar I command you to clear the path for our new King. um good luck Hannar."

Hannar, "mother****er the ****ing new king sends me into ****ing Mordor, It smells like *** there. If I ever see this new king in person im going to give him a kick in his *** and a thing or two more. Mordor bah, Alright men lets get to it. We march to Mordor..."

Narrator: The new king was mad with power but his madness provided him with great authority because for some bizzare reason it would be shear madness itsself to go against or challenge an already mad king. there is no telling what would happen.

Chp. 16
    Spoiler for chp16
    Nali, "The Goblins have come to free their Chieftain whom is holed up inside their mountain fortress. We will take our vengance upon these goblins for the slaying of former king Anar. Form up for battle!"

Nali, "Dragon slayers to the front Crossbowman behind. You know the drill by now, and for you new guys, I only have one rule no one runs. If I see you fleeing you will fall with an axe or bolt in your backside, Understood!?"

Nali, "Great, more trolls. Haven't we killed them all by now."

Nali, "Hold the line! under all costs hold the line."

The trolls Crashed into the line with tremendous force. The amount of trolls was far more then they had ever encountered before.

The men of Ered Mithan were brave beyond measure the title dragon slayers did not come easy so they held their ground in the face of the thunderous charging trolls.

The dragon slayers were not easily divulged from their position. They did not let the trolls pass through to the crossbowman.

Once the trolls had fallen the goblins rushed into the fray. But they proved to be no match for the hardened dragon slayers.

The crossbow bolts smashed into the goblin generals unit. After numerous waves of bolts one bolt struck home and took the goblin general Naglur through the throat ending his pitable life in seconds.

The dragon slayers charged into the goblin captains unit shortly after and put him down with ease, after all a mere goblin captain was no troll and even the trolls proved no match for the mighty dragon slayers.

After a gruesome battle and all crossbowman had expended their bolts. The dragon slayers charged the High Chieftan and after enveloping him They proceeded to cut apart the Chieftan.

Dragon slayer, "General Nali, The field is ours and we have brought you a gift..of sorts..." The dragon slayer proceeded to hand the head of Chietan Zagluk to Nali.

Nali, "Ah yes another goblin chief slain. What shall I do with his head. I must ponder this decision.

Nali, "I have decided what I shall do with the former Chieftan's head. Dragon Slayers, I need a group to march the captured goblins to the spot where King Anar was slain. Execute the prisoners at the spot and plant the Chieftan's head atop the corpses of goblins."

The stunt by Nali proved to sufficiantly rile up the goblins and they attacked without regrouping. They decended on the dwarves just before dark. The dwarves had no escape this time they had to win or they would all perish.

The goblins marched against the dwarves at dusk.

Nali, "The goblins have a group behind our lines! crossbowman focus on the goblins to our rear."

Nali, "Dwarves take cover! The goblins have brought catapults to the fight."

The catapults proved to be an ally of the dwarves in this fight. As one of the overshooting fireballs consumed one of the goblin captains.

The dragon slayers once again faced the devastating power of the cave trolls, and once again unwavering they repelled the threat. Whats a little troll compared to dwarves named dragon slayers.

Soon after the trolls were dispatched of the goblin infantry smashed into the line but they were no match for the elite dwarven troops and fell quickly after making first contact.

The goblins were defeated and the dwarves were one step closer to reclaiming Khazad Dum.

Nali, "Dwarves take whatever you like from the fortress you have earned it. Get in a good meal and prepare yourselves for soon we march on Khazad Dum!

Narrator: The dwarves were now only a short march away from the the great stronghold Khazad Dum formerly owned by the dwarves now currently in the hands of filthy goblins. In the east King Nori and Hannar moved closer to Mordor.

Last edited by aurther; October 11, 2010 at 02:44 PM.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: [AAR] Dwarven Dominance

Nice

Good choice on the faction

Very nice and amazingly fast up with it To bad with dain though...
    A question, can you by any chance see if you can build all of your units in any of your settlements? I can't for example build the iron guard amongst other units....

Oooh pictures! Faber est quisque fortunae suae

nice looking forward to the next chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiades the Younger View Post
    Very nice and amazingly fast up with it To bad with dain though...
    A question, can you by any chance see if you can build all of your units in any of your settlements? I can't for example build the iron guard amongst other units....

my guess is you need to upgrade the barracks or whatever in a castle to get iron guard. dont think the elite dwarven units are accessable right away.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

nicely done. although your king slain by a snaga? boy that is really bad luck

Good work so far, especially seeing as its your first AAR

Quote Originally Posted by aurther View Post
    my guess is you need to upgrade the barracks or whatever in a castle to get iron guard. dont think the elite dwarven units are accessable right away.
    duh.... No but I've read now that second level units become available after 50 turns
    and third level units after 100 turns

Oooh pictures! Faber est quisque fortunae suae

egor's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiades the Younger View Post
    duh.... No but I've read now that second level units become available after 50 turns
    and third level units after 100 turns
    really??? anyways wery nice aar!

Those, who don't eat, are eaten - Egor
    I do not steal victory - Μέγας Ἀλέξανδρος

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Very good start! Too bad Dain II Ironfoot was slain by Snagas... +rep

edit: I've given soo much in the past 24h...

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrok View Post
    Very good start! Too bad Dain II Ironfoot was slain by Snagas... +rep

edit: I've given soo much in the past 24h...
    Most epic death I've ever had in TA:TW was when I besieged Gundabad as Dwarves in Beta-test. My mighty general with seven stars command was slain by a kick of one snaga. Death video was pretty awesome.

egor's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    Most epic death I've ever had in TA:TW was when I besieged Gundabad as Dwarves in Beta-test. My mighty general with seven stars command was slain by a kick of one snaga. Death video was pretty awesome.
    So what can we learn from this? Snagas rule the world they kill their all enemies pretty easy

Those, who don't eat, are eaten - Egor
    I do not steal victory - Μέγας Ἀλέξανδρος

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Damned Snagas!

killerrabbit's Avatar Senator

Snaga = Ownage!

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

naw its just that dwarven general units are very weak. i will update it again towards the weekend i wanna focus primarily on my classes this week its crunch time with all my term papers and finals coming up.

Nice work! Update!

not bad, except- toggle_fow=

oh yh don't use toggle_fow

moved to first post.
    Last edited by aurther; May 05, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

Good update! Looking forward to the next chapter

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast