Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1772

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Makus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: First Impressions

I've only been playing this mod for a week or so, but it is AWESOME. I really appreciate all the effort that went into this game, I get a tad giddy when playing as gondor :p
    Aside from all the excellent textures/skins, I really like how the majority of gameplay dynamics were changed to fit the lore.
    Glitches have been minimal (my favorite was when a few of my mounted gondorian generals started dressing like faramir), and the AI seems well scripted. Mordor sends stacks of troops at osgiliath and cair andros, harad makes occaisonal attempts at my coastal towns, Rohan and isengard usually do small skirmishes/massive seiges, everyone gangs on Ootmm....
    I am VERY impressed with eriador/arnor. The way the reunification was handled is very nice (it felt a lot like unifying denmark and norway in the tuetonic campaign), and the prospect of sending some arnorians down south to pwn some orcs is pretty sweet.
    The fellowship campaign had a few kinks (usually quests taking too long to trigger), but has been very enjoyable thusfar.

Yea, thats exactly what happened

Just came back from vacation and installed 2.1 when I noticed it was released. And I'm really impressed, so much has changed since 1.5! Started a campaign with Isengard and really liking it so far. Excellent work, KK and the rest of the team ofc. It truely is a masterpiece-mod.

Default My impression of this Mod :)

When I saw this mod on youtube I thought that all of the models were wrong like the men and orcs didn't match what they did in the films but i was wrong .

I think the game is amazing though I have not been able to enjoy it near fully yet because my graphics card is not working at full which it will be tomorrow, I think you did a great job making it I love the campaign map especially west and east osgilath though I havnt seen them on real time map yet

I don't like that the 2 handed swords for the elves arnt used like they are in the film because that is possible the team of Lord of the Rings Total War did it on RTW but that is only minor.

I have a question does Minas Tirth look like it looks on the films?

Overall an amazing mod
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else. - Winston Churchill

Amazing mod! Really like the fellowship campaign and the historical battles aswell.

Big thank you to all who worked on this, good job

Francisco de Miranda's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    You read the title, post your first impressions of the game here.
    OK, I'm playing pc games since TombRaider2; I've played Every TW game, I was bored with Empire and Napoleon and tried playing Rome again; then, by chance, saw the large numbers of Interest in MTW2 area of TWCenter, decided to take a look see; why the 200,000 views here? Kingdoms?.. Third Age? What's this?.. it's Fantasy stuff... I've Never Ever Ever played a fantasy game, no matter what people have said, I always thought (will be xxxx!)..

But, I have to say: I'm So Totally Bowled Over with the Quality of the Mod.. A New Map even... Jeez! How did they do that?... I'm downloading it now.. and can't wait to give it a go...

I have to congratulate you all and say Well Done!
    Medion PC, AMD Phenom x4 820, Radeon 5670 1gb, 8 gb DDR3 ram, 1 Tb hdd; Win7(64)

Hey. If you press the A/A button in the right hand corner when you're writing a post, you don't get all these annoying words that pop up all of a sudden

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Hey. If you press the A/A button in the right hand corner when you're writing a post, you don't get all these annoying words that pop up all of a sudden
    Not really a first impression of the mod eh ?!?

Stick to the topic pls and don't start such discussions...

An excellent and professionally produced mod. Personally, I wasn't too taken with the fellowship campaign but I recognised the problems of trying to reproduce what is essentially a roleplaying game in a wargame environment.

However, the main faction based campaign is excellent one would hardly recognise that this is based upon the MTW engine, everything is so nicely done.

The fellowship campaign ended very nicely. It was such a virtual achievment . Now, does Eriador rejoin Gondor (Fellowship Gondor) to make the Reunited Kingdom? Is Gimli going to become the Lord of the Glittering Caves somehow? Are there any more quests? But still, the game ended really well, it was one of the coolist things that has happened to me on a game. Now I'm just going to recreate what happens after the Lord of the Rings, invade Harad with Rohan (if possible), reunite with Arnor, and do all the other cool things. Thanks for the game Third Age Team , though it would be better with a Horselord faction .

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by the cooliest View Post
    The fellowship campaign ended very nicely. It was such a virtual achievment . Now, does Eriador rejoin Gondor (Fellowship Gondor) to make the Reunited Kingdom? Is Gimli going to become the Lord of the Glittering Caves somehow? Are there any more quests? But still, the game ended really well, it was one of the coolist things that has happened to me on a game. Now I'm just going to recreate what happens after the Lord of the Rings, invade Harad with Rohan (if possible), reunite with Arnor, and do all the other cool things. Thanks for the game Third Age Team , though it would be better with a Horselord faction .
    Good to hear that you like it

But after you destroy the ring and Aragorn become King the game is over
    No more quests.

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

First impressions of the Balrog...

...I didn't know that the Flame of Udun was inside the TATW-Moria...but I felt so happy when he came out to crush my army led by Gandalf...you can't imagine! :tumbsup2

And, I felt very sad when the powerful dwarves slew the Balrog in Lothlorien...

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    And, I felt very sad when the powerful dwarves slew the Balrog in Lothlorien...
    Hehe, the Balrog got auto-resolve-pwnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Don't understand what you mean by "auto-resolve-pwnt"...but the Balrog is great fun...

...moreover, I'm wondering about how many times a garrison can spawn...I attacked Moria for three times with spy opened gates and the third time no garrison spawned...is that eventually a bug or does garrison spawning need recovery for a couple of turns...?

Francisco de Miranda's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    That was me trying to be artistic...!

Anyway, I've played for 2 days now and I have something to say:

Am enjoying it, except the Garrison Script has to go. Why, Well I'm attacking that stacked castle in Gondor (I'm Mordor, on Easy).. I've little money, and when I send 2 full stacks to this place, it's got half a stack defending, and I lose.. Nah!.. I NEEDED to take it to get me some money... Suddenly there was another full stack ... I KNOW it's to make the game more demanding... But I'm only feeling my way so far in the game.

So, I'll be turning off the garrison script.

Otherwise... I'm not too knowledgeable on "The Lord of the Rings", but DO remember bits from the 3 films, so would it be possible for someone to give a quick Synopsis on Who's who and what's what in 3rd Age?

I mean, if I'm playing as Mordor, and Gondor is next door, and they're the most powerful enemy I have, then is there any advice as to how to keep away from them, until I can build up an army?

I like to build up an empire, and WHEN I'M READY... attack the enemy...

AM ENJOYING IT ... only stopping for meals and when I MUST to go bed
    Medion PC, AMD Phenom x4 820, Radeon 5670 1gb, 8 gb DDR3 ram, 1 Tb hdd; Win7(64)

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Halvar von Flake View Post
    ...is that eventually a bug or does garrison spawning need recovery for a couple of turns...?
    IRRC the garrison-script resets itselfs after a certain amount of turns.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Jean=A=Luc, does auto-resolve-pwnt mean the Balrog will come back if he is killed and Moria not conquered...?

I would appreciate this...

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    IRRC the garrison-script resets itselfs after a certain amount of turns.
    Thanks...good to hear!

Nah, it was just a reference on the fact that dwarves do really well in auto resolve which also tends to favor quantity over quality so your Balrog found itself in what's probably the worst situation possible, facing a horde of dwarves in auto-resolve.

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

I think Rohan should've been redone in 2.0
    They are simply too weak. Their cavalry is a joke, and I find it laughable that they are the "best" cavalry in the game when the Loke Cavalry (forgot the name), KoA (Arnor), and Swan Knights can beat them in a 1v1 battle. And the Eldar Lancers and Dale Earls are nearly as good as well.
    Their infantry has extremely low morale, and their archers miss a target even if it is 2 feet away from them/ This calls for some mass redoing of the descr_units! Valandur away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    They would be incorrect. The only path to happiness is through Christ.

Nah, it was just a reference on the fact that dwarves do really well in auto resolve which also tends to favor quantity over quality so your Balrog found itself in what's probably the worst situation possible, facing a horde of dwarves in auto-resolve.
    Ah, I see...those nasty dwarves are really fierce opponents...
    ...my first impression was they are too powerful...and my second, third, fourth impression was that dwarves are far too powerful...
    ...the recruitment rates for their elite units should be increased...in my Arnorian campaign they drove Mordor out of Mirkwood as they were lousy peasants in just a few turns...
    Last edited by Halvar von Flake; August 05, 2010 at 07:38 AM.