Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1772

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions

lol well lock threads and such

Looks good to me no CTDs yet.

One thing that i think needs to be reconsidered is diplomats. Factions like Isengard don't start with one and with the new increased population requirements. Isengard needs one of its two towns to reach 4000 before a town hall becomes possible.

As both towns start with less that 2000 population it will be 40- 50 turns before a diplomat becomes possible even with the town set at low taxation.

Maybe increase the growth rate of their two starting towns.

I am in love with the Dunedain units, they are so detailed and pretty... I keep zooming in on my general's bodyguard while they are fighting...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-ander View Post
    Looks good to me no CTDs yet.

One thing that i think needs to be reconsidered is diplomats. Factions like Isengard don't start with one and with the new increased population requirements. Isengard needs one of its two towns to reach 4000 before a town hall becomes possible.

As both towns start with less that 2000 population it will be 40- 50 turns before a diplomat becomes possible even with the town set at low taxation.

Maybe increase the growth rate of their two starting towns.
    Maybe they could add Grima as starting diplomat for Isengard... or just give them a regular one at the start. By the time he dies of old age the starting towns will be able to recruit a replacement.

Senator

Not impressed with 2.0

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwen View Post
    Not impressed with 2.0
    Reason?
    EDIT: Saw your post on the other thread...

Well so far I have only tried the Fellowship campaign but man it looks cool. Great job for all their effort. I am a diehard Warhammer fan but my love of all things fantasy came from my childhood reading Tolkien so this is a great mod in my book. Although I have seen some issues. During battle the UI is completely blank next to a half cropped pic on some units and that’s it. It plays well and all but I can't access the controls due to this. Is there a known fix for it yet?

KngGilgamesh's Avatar Semisalis

for the white User Interface: Delete m2tw/mods/Third_Age/data/ui/battle.sd

Quote Originally Posted by KngGilgamesh View Post
    for the white User Interface: Delete m2tw/mods/Third_Age/data/ui/battle.sd
    Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply, +rep for ya.

KngGilgamesh's Avatar Semisalis

thanks

Daneboy's Avatar Senator

I thought I was gonna purchase NTW to give it a go after I finished my second ETW campaign, but after reading the comments in this thread; reinstall Kingdoms I gues.

Canīt wait, absolutely brilliantly done.

Senator

I just can't play it right now, having the game crash on me as soon as i click ready on the battle screen to start a battle sucks. Hope they fix it.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Starwen View Post
    I just can't play it right now, having the game crash on me as soon as i click ready on the battle screen to start a battle sucks. Hope they fix it.
    There is nothing to fix, for its not caused by the mod itself.
    I think there are several posts in the technical-help-thread.
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Nice work guys! I especially like the new winter strat map textures. 1.4 was blindingly bright. It's much easier on the eyes now.

Vic Vega's Avatar Decanus

The Fellowship Campaign is brilliant, my praises for everyone involved in making and testing TATW 2.0, Nice Job
    Last edited by Vic Vega; July 26, 2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to put a smilie on it:tongue:

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Fellowship Campaign is brilliant, my praises for everyone involved in making and testing TATW 2.0, Nice Job
    Thanks, nice to hear that

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

My heroes don't respawn-we all have only one chance to live and die.Even so Felowship have strongest armies in Midle-Earth

Unfortunately I have not been able to experience 2.0 because I do not have the internet at home and had to download the files elsewhere. When I got home, excited for weekend of 2.0-related fun times, I installed part 1 then opened part 2 and was presented with:

"File contains invalid data"

I then did my best Luke Skywalker discovering his parentage impression.

Anyway, since then, I've been scouring through the forums looking at screenshots and guides and can safely say that contrary to a few voices I have heard, I will be extremely happy with this installment. I am confused by those people saying that they expected more, not least because I think this installment actually contains more than it was ever implied it would! Satisfaction is simply the difference between expectation and realisation; perhaps expectations for some were simply too high and did not take into account previews or suggestions, or were just based on unfounded visions of the 'perfect' game.

Sycophantic bit: I remain in constant amazement at what people with passion and drive are able to create, in their own time and free of charge to all. The quality of the models, scripting and continued support associated with this work is to be highly commended, and I hope that TATW receives the public recognition it deserves. To KK and all those involved in this highly polished mod's creation, as well as those who patiently respond to every request, comment and question posed to them on the forums, even if for the hundredth time: Thank you!
    Last edited by Morph85; July 26, 2010 at 08:07 AM.

There are two torrent links in the release post if you have trouble downloading.

Thanks, I have actually managed to download part 2 again but I just have to wait to get home to install it, so in the meantime I've been looking here.

i love the fellowship campagin...some min. ago i end it and was VERY VERY GOOOOD

i like this mod