Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1429303132333435363738394041424344454647484964 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions

Wow guys i have been here awhile i normally stick to historic type mods, but i have been looking at screen shots and this does look amazing the models are great reminds me of battle for middle earth on pc but more epic.
    Just giving a kudos on the work i have not seen this mod until now i must say im missing out i am going to give it a try now im just worried about how it will run on my pc it is not the best and some of them army sizes look hugely epic lol. Well done on the mod cant wait to give it a try in a few hours.

Genghis Mighty Mongolian Warlord.

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Broly View Post
    Wow guys i have been here awhile i normally stick to historic type mods, but i have been looking at screen shots and this does look amazing the models are great reminds me of battle for middle earth on pc but more epic.
    Just giving a kudos on the work i have not seen this mod until now i must say im missing out i am going to give it a try now im just worried about how it will run on my pc it is not the best and some of them army sizes look hugely epic lol. Well done on the mod cant wait to give it a try in a few hours.
    Don't worry, I have an almost four-years old pc, and it runs well (to be honest, the graphic settings are on low, but it is still just something amazing! )( OK, there are serious lags when more than 5000 soldiers are on the battlefield).
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Yea my pc is around 5-6 years lol with some minor upgrades (i cant play empire total war at all it is unbearable) But i just played this i said to myself i would play it for 30min-1h then go sleep, Playing as Isengard it feels great i ended up playing for almost 3 hours i think. Though i am slow to take over areas i don't full out rush everything i think im doing great.

I have taken helms deep i kinda went a down line to it and just got some worgs up, No pikemen yet but i am loving it, even having the general unhorsed i was uneasy about it at start (i figured at times i may need to run away lol) but i use him alot. I even had a great fight where i only had a hand full of men left and there was my general the last man in his group covered in blood i watched as he fought off many i thought he was done for really got alot of stars for that fight i have a picture of it somewhere. Another great fight moving my other family member to another building got ambushed by 1 Gondor family member 38vs38 i just won they kept doing horse charges my unit held strong i lost about 15.

All in all its a great mod im glad to have seen it on here i am most likely going to play it again now its really well done top work, I cant play huge armies(maybe i can if i lower graphics will try it) so i run around with normal size or less but even so its still great.

One thing i would like to change is the horn to stop routers, Instead of the horn i would love it to be the Uruk-Hai chant (or when their walking) would just make them more evil sounding but i know its still being worked on its just minor it is still very awsome to play. Welldone again guys

Lot of text but ill leave this with a (very dark sorry) night time helms deep breaking of the gate screen i had 2 sets of ladders in this area many more along the other sides of the walls but all my orcs decided to go up 1 it looked just like the movie how many stacked.
    on it Lol. around 2500iv2200r (1280x800 aax2)
    Last edited by Broly; July 28, 2009 at 01:36 AM.

Genghis Mighty Mongolian Warlord.

Just submitting my entry to the Third Age appreciation group

Really has amazed me, I had been playing ETW, which I realised sucked, then played Rome with Darthmod for a bit and enjoyed it and now im playing Third Age and having an excellent time.

Looking forward to the update!

Redfive's Avatar Laetus

Just registered to say that I think that this mod is great. Excellent work by all involved. Thank you so much!

I downloaded on the day of release, so I apologise for taking so long to give my appreciation here.

I've been playing the Total War games since Shogun and the only thing I've enjoyed playing as much as this is the Stainless Steel mod (which I checked out after lurking on this board and seeing it in King Kong's sig. I figured that if King Kong had a hand in producing something as great as TATW, then SS had a fair chance of being great as well, and it is!)

Thanks again to all involved, keep up the great work.

Absolutely amazing mod, thanks to all involved.

Looking forward to spending hundreds of hours playing this mod, as I did with SS, another fantastic mod

Being a long time Tolkien fan, I was always interested to learn more about the 'evil' factions - and now I even get to play them, this is just fantastic

Hey guys, I think I will throw my Kudos into the ring of appretiation. I only have Medival II for a week or so, and just got TATW to work ( Needed a reinstall ) so i thought i would give my first impressions. For one. It's 20 past 3 in the morning, and I've only just been able to pull myself away after some epic battles. I can see as much work and effort has gone into this as some mainstream games have recieved, and each of the factions is really well realized, particularly in the way ye have crafted a backround for some of the lesser known factions. I think each faction has more distinctive look and feel than many of the vanilla factions had. I think it's refreshing to see a mod team not willing to shy away from more scary looking features ( work wise ) such as trolls or mumakills, or...ya know...a total conversion of a game...

Anyway, I can now say Third Age is my favourite Total War game to date. And much kudos, grats, thanks, florines, etc.. to all invlovled!!

Panda909's Avatar Foederatus

The mod is great. I love all the new units, especially how unique they all are to said faction. Only thing that annoys me is my computer is a bit to old to handle the game with huge units and graphics at high so I can't see how truly epic it all really is. This is one of the best mods I've ever played for any game.

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Panda909 View Post
    The mod is great. I love all the new units, especially how unique they all are to said faction. Only thing that annoys me is my computer is a bit to old to handle the game with huge units and graphics at high so I can't see how truly epic it all really is. This is one of the best mods I've ever played for any game.
    Same situation here. Your not alone.
    The AI is like a retarded overwieght child. He realy want all those fries, he just does not know how to get them. http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/imag...unny/81776.gif

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Tibs View Post
    Same situation here. Your not alone.
    Same here also.

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kisbelaim View Post
    Same here also.
    OMG your such a copy cat!
    The AI is like a retarded overwieght child. He realy want all those fries, he just does not know how to get them. http://img1.coolspacetricks.com/imag...unny/81776.gif

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Warmaster Tibs View Post
    OMG your such a copy cat!
    No, not at all! Just getting nervous about my poor old computer (especially with my crashed vid card) and it's good to hear that I'm not alone with my problem!

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Hey, i'm new to the forum, i downloaded this mod yesterday and have so far played Mordor, Gondor and Hardar (i think it was namned so.. ), so far can i only say that i have never played anything related with total war that is so good.

The map was awesome, especially the lands of mordor. The models (orcs) was also fairly good. Keep up the good work.

One more thing, when i played as Gondor i took a castle on a island near the black gate, Mordor then attacked me with more than 4000 orcs (a lot of cannon fodder...) and i only hade 1500 but two level 2 generals. I managed to repel the orc invasion after a tough fight but it was fun hihi...

Love the mod (worship the mod), but it seems to me that Dale is pretty insignificant and Eriador doesn't have to do anything at all until about turn 100 .

I just downloaded the mod, and installed(thanks maxmazi ). I started the campaign with Gondor. First thing: great map! It's huge, and soo many generals and gouvernours for many cities I started with upgrading the economy in most cities, and expanded the army at Minas Tirith, moved a few armies, build a few diplomats and stuff, and layed siege to West Osgilliath. Then, I had to go to bed... Yipee...Thanks dad...

but I have not understood one thing... It will possible (in the next realase) build a new settlement's balle map (into the campaign)? ..build it follow the different cultures of Middle-Earth? this is the great problem, the great one problem,of this mod (and of a lot mod)

Been playing since the first release and i must say it has definetly got me back into MTW2! Thanks for the great mod guys and keep up the excellent work!

GenWolfe's Avatar Tiro

I downloaded this mod last weekend and have been playing it ever since. This mod is awesome, great loading screens and movie clips, amazing unit models, amazing everything. I was playing ETW before I downloaded this... I may not be playing that again for awhile.

I would just like to thank whoever made this mod for the countless hours they spent on this project. The hard work and passion that you must have had for this project shows in the quality of the mod itself.

Again Thank You!!!

Beyond awesome. Being a Lord of the Rings fan, of both the books and the movies, I have been an avid player of Battle for Middle-earth and other Lord of the Rings titles, but this is awesome beyond all reason. It has more then lived up to my expectations. Great mod, and keep up the good work guys! For Rohan!!!

I'm a newbie in this forum and I'm downloading TATW just now. I would thank all the team's members for their hard work that lets us experience great moments. Keep up your good work for I'm sure there are many LOTR fans who will enjoy it.