Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738395479 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions

it's my favorite mod !! But i think it'snt finished yet. I will wait a patch or a new version because there are many bug, equilibre problem or few units per race like MTW vanilla or staintless steal ( a very good mod for me, i always use it)

Models of units are very beautiful, epic battle (without the units problem like troll...).
    Now the merchant... i dont see them in lotr world... but there place in the game is now empty... not really réalistic economic... just taxe...
    At futur a new economic feature will appear?

Rome Total War did fine without Merchants on the exact game engine. I personally hated them and are glad they are gone.
    Want your Nazgul to live forever? Click Here!!

I'm slowly getting a look at different units.I love the High elves,Most of the trolls look great some need refining.Seems alot of human units need alittle more detail.Eriador units look very plain.Like they are all peasants.Dwarves look great.Haradrim units look great and Run units look great.Eriador needs work though.I have not got a good look at Rohan,Silvan,Gondor,Dale or any rebel units yet.High Elves are my favorite and some Mordor and Troll units are super.But some are so dark that it hides all the details.Battle Trolls are scary monsters.When you get down low with the pan camera at shoulder height with your troops and watch the Battle Trolls charging at you it looks like panic time.Awesome.

Its been hinted that Eriador will get a revamp next version, which is good news if that the one you like the least

dale and orc of the misty mountains is necessary reworking all units also.
    dale and eriador have false style units types troops and the models not good.
    orcs of the misty mountain not good models also.
    Last edited by Anibal at portas; May 07, 2009 at 02:31 PM.

I love the OOMM units!

Ran an Orcs vs. Silvan Elves battle. It was a lot of fun to see the Silvan archers just decimating the hordes of orcs as they approached. Once the orcs made contact though and their giants got into the fray it was anyone's game. A few well placed heavy infantry charges on the flanks as well as drawing the archers back to get retreating units and the orc reserves and the battle went to the Elves.

It was a lot of fun and I thought the animations were great. Nice work all the way around.

To the team of Third Age, thank you for a great experience! This game might be one of the best games that I have ever enjoyed. To think that people like you are out there in this world gives one hope of a better world. If you guy's need anything just ask. Great game, great setting, top-notch. With so many skilled modders and gamer's ever think of forming your own company? A company of gamers for gamers.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

I've been playing as Gondor and I just can't take on both Harad and Mondor and when Mordor unlocks the Mountain Trolls it's game over.
    I get as far as Ithilien and the Harad Main Land before I'm pushed back by Mordors Hordes. Not enough money to upgrade my MIC buildings.

And this is Medium/Medium.
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; May 07, 2009 at 07:06 PM.

See thats exactly why they didn't let you get princesses.

What happens when the son of Aragorn marries the orc princess? The great half-orc empire of Mondor of course!!!

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    See thats exactly why they didn't let you get princesses.

What happens when the son of Aragorn marries the orc princess? The great half-orc empire of Mondor of course!!!

Maybe it's Twins?

I just want to say that this mod is awesome. I had not played M2TW very much until I installed this mod. Now some of the credit goes to JRR Tolkein for inventing such an awesome place to play in, but most of it goes to the people who worked so hard to put this together. A million thanks!

First impressions based on the first 30 or so turns of the first game.... astonishingly good!

Great work by the team, congrats! You are indeed all Golden Gods (it's better than Empire, that's for sure ).

Franbo

Aeglos's Avatar Civis

Hey guys. I have been watching this mod for quite some time and I just want to thank the team so much for the effort they have put in to make this mod as good as it is. So thank you.
    I also wish to say that this mod has a fantastic community.

"We'll see "

...If you don't know or understand Tolkien is not my problem.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Finally had a copy sent to me on DVD so I can play this.

First impressions are very positive - the intro, the user interface etc all look brilliant.

The map is just right - lots of map with not a lot in it.

Still work to be done - fought 2 battles and the AI wasn't too impressive. Units look great though.

Sadly game crashed on 3rd battle - on the bridge between the elven capital and goblin city.
    other niggles include the refs to england in some speeches etc.
    might be better to remove them unless you can get voice actors to voice all the necessary speeches.

First I would like to thank the team for all their hard work. Everything from the campaign map to the units, excellent job. I have started 2 campaigns both on vh/vh. The first was more of an experiment to get used to the appropriate unit size I would like to play with and get a feel for the overall mod. I played for about 100 turns before starting all over. In my first campaign playing as Isenguard I found Rohan to be very passive. Not only did they never attack while were were at war but they had sevral full stacks near my half stacks and would walk away never engaging. My second campaign again I played as Isengard but this time I went north after Eriador. I'm now at turn 50+ and again AI is very passive. I seiged Amon Sul and within 2 turns I was surrounded by small stacks (I will upload screenshot). They never merged attacked etc and 6 turns later just as the castle was about to fall a small stack attacked. Eeven though I was outnumbered the 7 Eriador stacks were much smaller I took them out only loosing a quarter of my army.

On a separate occasion Eriador seiged one of my settlements. They had a 75% full stack, I had 3 units defending town with wooden wall. After two turns they gave up never attacking and walked away.

I understand it's version 1 but did want to point out my first impression. If there is any assistance in what file I can tweak to make the AI more aggressive please let me know. I'll tray and upload a screenshot of the example above as well in a minute.

SonOfThunder's Avatar Tiro

Just wanted to say..I love this. I'm playing as Rohan - about 45 turns in currently. I fought off the first invasion on Edoras by the skin of my teeth - Harad came at me with a full stack and I only successfully defended because I had just put ballista towers up and we set their ram on fire. I'm surprised - Isengard hasn't attacked me yet. I have alliances with all the good forces(except Eriador - because they're at war with the elves). I love the epic feeling of immersion...like helping Gondor to take a rebel city(well, they beat me to it, so I thought I may as well help them in their invasion!) and refusing to deal with the Orcs at all. I'm playing at M/M - is this why the AI is more passive? Because Gondor seems to have trouble doing much of anything. W. Osgiliath was still rebel a few turns ago, so I finally sent a general down with half a stack to take it. Then I gave it to Gondor. Minas Tirith got besieged so I sent Erkenbrand to help, but thankfully the garrison script kicked in and they repelled Mordor's force. Is it possible to have a message pop up if Minas Tirith is besieged? Currently, I'm just keeping a diplomat there so I can keep an eye on things.

All in all, I love this game. Still a few random bugs here and there, but I know you're working on it. I can't wait to finish my Rohan campaign and start up an OotMM one. Thanks so much!!!

well i think that playing M/M is very easy.. u should chage to very hard/very hard.. much more difficult and better the thing that i donīt like is the diplomacy..iīm playing with the silvan elves and i just have high elves for allies...the others dont like me and i think that i will be attacked by dwarves anda rohan...kind of strange isnīt it??
    thatīs the only thing that i dont like in this mod..