Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions & Screenshots

So, I basically played the mod all day and I have to say that it's pretty well one of the best (if not altogether the best) mods that I've ever played. So a huge kudos to the mod team, 'cause it's a bloody amazing piece of work!

A quick question though: How do you force ranged units to engage in close combat before their ammunition runs out? Is there a way? The reason why I'm asking is that your Mumakil just sit there while the archers on their backs fire at enemies you tell them to attack, rather than charging, and it's somewhat annoying.

alt click i do belive dude

Ah, thank you.

This mod is beautiful
    However there are some things that I think need fixing:

-Many factions have vanilla voices e.g a unit shouting 'For England!'

-Archers are a little too powerful

-Trolls are too hard to kill

-Cavalry die pretty quickly

These are only minor things i've noticed from a few custom battles. Oh yeah and one more issue: this mod prevents me from sleeping

Thank you for this incredible mod! I better go to bed now.

All wars are civil wars because all men are brothers. ~ François Fenelon

Been playing all day, here's a couple I grabbed:

No orcs allowed in my Osgiliath:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It was actually closer to 900 men on my side, as I had two reinforcement battalions that spawned behind an enemy army, and promptly got massacred (They were killed/captured by Captain Yagaz's army):

This battle was over before my cav could even come into play; my archers had completely demolished the enemy already

Included because a guy named Arathorn married into my family, then became faction heir when Ecthelion died -- I'm hoping I get Aragorn

On the topic of Missile fire, yes arrows are very powerful -- but that's how they should be. If you charge into a wall of flying metal and wood, you will die (especially if it's on fire).

I've also found archers are very vulnerable to counter-fire, so just bring along some archers of your own to hold them off. Certainly an all-melee army doesn't (and shouldn't) work. I can't tell you how many charges of Mordor infantry I've stopped dead & routed solely with volleys of archer fire on vh/vh, but even terrible Mordor archers are devastating against my own if they ever get the chance to engage.
    Last edited by HordeOfDoom; April 26, 2009 at 10:28 PM.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Mumakil need to be bigger, twice as big really. I mean I can't believe no one is noticing how tiny they are. I mean seriouisly, the towers on their backs are puny (7 guys, there is supposed to be dozens) compared to the movie. Look at the third age mode for alextw for help, they did it right.. There is no shame in taking their ideas and making them even better.

Too many arrows for archers.

Music is repetitive, just use lotr music mostly, the original stuff you made is meh.
    Blut und Boden

Well there are just spearmen and archers in most of the factions in the campaign and you see no really good units you expected like eldar swordmen or Loke-Flag.

Was bored so i decided to create an epic battle and this was the result.. i was trying to recreate the war of the last alliance

^ haha wow owned.

holy crap 5 to 1 odds and those damn elves only lost 400 elves thats messed up my poor orcs should have killed at least a 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Incan View Post
    holy crap 5 to 1 odds and those damn elves only lost 400 elves thats messed up my poor orcs should have killed at least a 1000
    maxed out stats will do that lol.

haha ya but at least you will never actually encounter a full stack of eldar elves in game

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Beautiful. Beautiful.

The campaign map is fantastic. The music perfect. The Elven theme UI (Silvan) is great, and unexpected. I was instantly immersed into Middle-Earth.

And I love the faction banners.

I haven't battled too much yet but got a nasty surprise when OotMM and Mordor simultaneously attacked my two Lothlorien towns! While Legolas and most of my army were off conquering rebels. I can see that I'll have to rethink some things.

I had some pretty good dreams last night, all about this. I was even speaking Elvish! (Well, pronouncing some Elvish words/names at least.)
    Last edited by Withwnar; April 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM.

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

its its beautiful... i.. i cant belive it... fantastic...
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

SOOO AWESOME LOVE THIS MOD
    oh and for some reason when i play has high elves i can't get any swordsmen or eldar archers =S

Right, I see that everyone else have taken care of the "beautiful"-stuff. I completely agre with everyone here - the menus, the models, etc. are wonderful and the cmapaign map is unbeliebably awesome!

Only things I can complain about at the moment are the voices. The vanilla British voices doesn't fit the elves, for example. But I'm sure that these are just placeholders, and the fact that such a pathetic little thing is my only complaint says alot.

You've done something that EA, with all their money and resources, and many others have failed to do; create a fantastic LotR-RTS. Congratulations, and thank you!

oh yeah thats tru i was asking for a trading agreement with Isengard and the uruk had a english voice pretty funny

here are some random screenshots from my Silvan elves campaign.

Building icons design is amazing!

Victory!! yaaay!!

Range of these archers ir amazing!!! Longbowmen couldn't stand a chance against these!!

The first battle. A small one, but still impressing.

Legolas in heavy armor and with shield and sword?? Oh well...

Finally I can call this game epic and have no doubt in it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
    Last edited by Neige; April 27, 2009 at 01:43 AM.

19 Random Screens from a reenactment of part of the Pelennor Fields battle that I did with 1482 Rohirrim (mixed types of horsemen -- 2-3 of each type) vs. 4 Battalions of Mumakil (20 Mumakil, 201 Men). I just charged en-masse and let the battle run (no commands on my part, other than a few mass-charge orders), and, though I was defeated, managed to inflict significant casualties and rout a few of them (which doesn't show in the end-battle stats screen -- I managed to kill/rout 15 or 16 Mumakil total I think).

At least part of it ended up looking pretty similar to the movies (other than the loss), if I do say so myself. I probably should have thrown in some orcs or infantry or something, but the AI probably would mess everything up then. Leaves something to do in multiplayer I guess

Last edited by HordeOfDoom; April 27, 2009 at 02:05 AM.

My first impression was that Easterling build a BS infantry at the start and they are BS weak.

I gona edit them a little so they can go with the campain.