Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465666768697071727388 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1772

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions

About 50 turns through my first campaign, i went for the Silvan Elves and wow! You have captured Middle Earth in all its glory from the map to the music and totally give the player the ability to just immerse themselves in the Lord of The Rings experience for hours upon hours. Ive been waiting for a lotr game like this for a very long time, so thank you each and every one of you that worked on this masterpiece. My favourite bit so far has to be when i was sieged by Mordor led by a Nazgul against Legolas and to be honest a poor quality Elf army. They broke through the walls and the battle was starting to go quite badly so i pulled Legolas out of there and moved him to a safe distance, the AI (which is brilliant btw, such an improvement on the vanilla M2TW) noticed the oppurtunity and sent the Nazgul straight for the prince. In the last volley before they reached the Nazgul was hit and killed. After this the orc morale just withered to nothing and all routed. This was the most tense battle ive ever had and ive had more fun with this mod than i did with all Total War games before.

There are the occasional bugs but thats to be expected and since you guys do this for free im not gonna complain. Long live TATW!

I'm playing the quest campaign and it feels like a LOTR game. So much so in fact that I am now seriously considering playing the LOTR MMO that recently went free. This mod is amazing and I keep on wondering how it can be legal? Of course you are using content you own and not selling it, but there's just so much great stuff used from the movies (and not to forget the books; them too). Amazing mod. Truly. And I believe it doesn't mess with Kingdoms or MedII so I can play both. I'd just like to thank the whole team who worked on this mod and let them know that in my opinion they created an entirely new game.

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Shhhhhh.... Don't say it too loudly, EA / Tolkien's lawyers may hear you.

Just tried it out and have to say ... I love it!

Yesterday I started the campaign as Gondor and had a lot of fun, then today I wanted to try out Rohan just for a little while and got stuck again for hours . In no strategic game that I've played before even a defeat feels so heroic.

Plus it made me happy that there are some pretty remarkable quotes beside the ones that only appear in the movies and have been in every trailer.

Great work, thank you for offering a game for free that is better than all the expensive failures that game producers created with lotr license

I've been playing this mod for a while now but I've only just decided to register on this forum.

Firstly I'd like to say how amazing this mod is but so far I've only done the Fellowship campaign on 2.1 because I'm waiting for the new version of RR/RC to come out before I try the main campaign.

My favourite faction is the Dwarves becaue I love their heavy infantry and slowly chasing after the annoying Snaga's!

So congratulations on this fantastic mod!!

Just begun a new campaign as the silvan elves. first impression:
    - Rebels too passive. they just don't do anything.... I've recently played SS 6.3 and the rebels there are really nice. Not too active, but enough for you to think about them before making a move.
    - starting rebel garrisons are too small. making it full stack would slow down the initial expansions and balance the game. (a bit also as SS 6.3 where some rebel garrisons are full stack)
    - no one, from the "good" side accepted an alliance with me. strange...

!!

Icon14 First Impressions: Outstanding.

Just saw this mod for the first time (been playing SS mod). I must say that I am totally blown away by how professionally done this production is. I would have paid money to have this expansion! I am telling you that I cannot believe there are people who do this stuff for free! The starter movie, the cut scenes, the explanations, the music . . . all so immersive! WOW!

Btw, I love the beginning message about playing on VH/VH, etc. Totally funny!

I have to admit I started on M/M just to see what it was like. Definitely have to step up the difficulty. I will save my criticisms and explanations for another thread.

Thanks, team: truly outstanding!

from the word go.. you took me away from my mmo playing and straight into the single player like days of old!... no game in so long has captured my attention like this... am so thankful and wish i was around during development to be apart of such an amazing feat that is third age mod!

well done guys amazing work

Just one word: Amazing..
    Im playing Eriador and soon i will become ARNORRRRR YIHAAA

My Picture Gallery

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Pls stick to english and the topic.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Superb mod
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Default Re: First Impressions & Screenshots

O-H .... M-Y....G-O-D!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys..NEXT WEEK..holyday..vacations..out of work..end of time..2012 ..okok..i WILL..i WANT..i play.

Totally amazed for the amount of work KK and the rest put in the mod, in fact it almost feels like I am playing a new game.

I know very little of the Lord of the Ring History and characters.I real y never got into the movies,last one i got to see was the fellow ship of the ring..which i think was part 1 =/ lol.
    But still this mod(which i installed just today!)gives me a brife history of the factions.I havent read them all though,just the Harads.I think they are like the underdogs but theres dogs are more like the Cereberus in Hell kind of dog ;D lol their elephant unit was what got my attention.And i also got to read the Rhun..which i think are like the golden horde.but with some seriious kick-ahh armor.They are literary THE Golden Horde! lol.I've only played 2 custom battles using the factions i've just mention and they were kinda laggy =/ but i think its for the amount of units..so i guess once i play campaign ill just have to set it to "small".Oh and one more thing,intro,yes the intro was epic! loved it!! specially that calvary charge at the end!! once i try the campiagn and see what faction to play as..ill get the newest patch and play a real campaign!

Tiro

It's actually pretty darn awesome. The amount of work put into this modification is outstanding. Truly, *COUGH*EA*COUGH* should hire you all guys and make you do a whole game...

but then again, there's nothing really to improve.
    My first playthrough (on the ol' 1.2) was kinda dissapointing, to be honest. Imrahil had no face; Eriador looked like joke (a funny joke, tbh though). Then I had to quit playing for a while.

Next thing I know, 2.0 is out and I was overwhelmed. Eriador reworked + that Arnor thing... JUST AWESOME. Not to mention, that Eriador stepped up from looking like worse faction to challenging even Gondor.

Alas, there's only one thing that could impress me more (I play SS on daily basis, but... well, if TATW is 1 then SS is 0.9) is merging those two awesomesauce mods. And I don't mean joining two maps, as in middlearth instead of Americas; just implementing some of the factions instead of some in SS setting
    [fe. silvan+high elves joint faction in Ireland; Dwarves instead of Norway or Denmark (as they're same); Gondor instead of Crusader States; Orcs&Stuff instead of Golden Horde; Rohan instead of Aragon or Spain or Portugal; Harad or Rhun instead of Khwarezm and something like that]

This game is probably one of the best mods I have ever played. At first I was kind of overwhelmed by the "style" of the gameplay since I am used to AOE style. But after playing for a few hours and finally getting the hang of the game, I am absolutely in love with it.

I have been playing as Mordor, and it has been a blast, I can't wait to see what it will continue to be like.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by camo m0nkey View Post
    This game is probably one of the best mods I have ever played. At first I was kind of overwhelmed by the "style" of the gameplay since I am used to AOE style. But after playing for a few hours and finally getting the hang of the game, I am absolutely in love with it.

I have been playing as Mordor, and it has been a blast, I can't wait to see what it will continue to be like.
    Some years back, i was also one of these guys who camr from AOE to Medieval, was pretty the same for me
    Nice to see you like it, welcome to the forum

Yea, its a pretty interesting change isnt it? And thanks for the welcome

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    Some years back, i was also one of these guys who camr from AOE to Medieval, was pretty the same for me
    Nice to see you like it, welcome to the forum
    lol Same here,although i still play AOE lol..these two games are my fav strategy games as of now.The Mod Community that TotalWar has is just amazing,bringing mods such as Third Age,DLV,and BC.I love modders,for making M2TW playable again and again.I hope you guys make it big in the gaming world(or in any field you strive for).It is people like you that i would love to have in charge of making games!