Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ... 33587374757677787980818283848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1772

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions

I will say this mod is quite ambitious and fun. It is, on the other hand, quite difficult and not all that easy to get into... probably because it only plays like vanilla, in that it's a Total War game, and pretty much requires you to rethink how you play the entire game. I mean, heck, I'm only on Medium/Medium and I still get huge economic problems, and then suddenly Orcs appearing and attacking... fun times.

Although I'm curious as to why not every "good" faction doesn't require Mordor to be eliminated. I mean, it's sort of the big bad and all that, yet I don't believe Dale or Eriador, for example, require Mordor to be defeated to win the game. Unless its cut off or something.

I Have played lots of mods and lots of games and I have to say this mod is simply INCREDIBLE, I played the 3.2 Version and its great (except for some little details), I think that the fact that Mordor and all the other Evil Factions Atack you with more troops and stuff like that is great. I play with Gondor and every single turn I have to defend myself from Isengar, Mordor, Harad and Rhun, and I love it, I also love the fact that if I can I can Conquer Rohan for a change...

In a few Words: GREAT GAME.

This game/mod passes the coffee test. I found myself waking up...dashing to the coffee machine..then first thing Saturday and Sunday morning jumping into the game and trying my best to hold back the hordes as Gondor.

The game is absolutely beautiful, the custom cities are incredible and I really dig the units. Gondors Infantry looks great! Also I messed around with Rohan...those might be the best looking units in my book.

By the way, Modding helps the Software Company too. I bought the MTW and one of the expansions on Steam just to run this mod. Looking forward to RTW2 but this mod will be hard to beat...it is an epic accomplishment by the Modding team.
    There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today..."
    http://netjam99.blogspot.com/

Try playing as the Silvan Elves and look at those beautiful units. Eriador and some Mordor and Rhun units are awesome as well.

after a long period off the total war games, i decided i would reinstall MTW2 and this mod. And i must say im simply amazed at the evolution of Third age (played the 1st version).

You guys have made the best mod ever. Simply as that. The ideas in the mod and the way they are implemented, the work on the factions and finally all the new battle maps youve added are simply amazing.

Congratulations and many thanks for this game people. You should be given money to make a complete game because you are good.

fableofsea's Avatar Civis

I was confused at first, but then started to love it. Dwarves are my favorite faction and next would be Gondor. Thank you for a amazing mod!!
    Party hard and pillage!

Libertus

I've played the vanilla med 2 and I just recently installed the mod. Aside from the obvious quality, the one thing that I keep thinking it "Melkor's spit that's hard!"

Lord Gothmog's Avatar Libertus

Awesome game MOD. I have been playing for a few months now and I am really impressed with the care and skill used in this.

Been Playing Since Version 1.4 Really and this MOD has Never Let Me Down

I've noticed that I haven't given my first impression yet.

In short, this mod is near perfect. The graphical aspect is wonderful, the music fitting, the settlements and rosters very well-done. It has very few things I could complain about, but most of them are necessary evils not to make the game the cakewalk vanilla could be at times. This mod is the dream of the Total War and LotR fan come true and I strongly recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in the premise. This is a mod that deserves all the awards it gets.

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

I usually play vanilla m2tw because I've never really enjoyed any mods, but this is a brilliant mod, very challenging and well made. I know very little about the 'Third age' universe and lore, but after playing this mod I believe I may have to watch the movies again and purchase the books, so as to appreciate the mod further.

im enjoying every momment with the silvan elves campaign , this mode is so great!

Centenarius

This mod is amazing the units are well done and i like the campagn, also the custom settlements are wonderful

magraev's Avatar Biarchus

Great looking mod - I tried it at version 1, and decided it wasn't ready, but it sure is now. I love the events and the characters (and the units, and the town models, etc. etc).

I'm an extremely casual gamer, so I would prefer a lower difficulty, but I've modded the game to suit me now (no more army spawn and bottomless ai coffers), so no worries.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

I had a battle bug at first, and I simply didn't know anything about TW, but when I got those problems solved, I started loving this game! Then, a few weeks later (now) I got bored to this game and stopped loving it. My brother, who owned the computer that I used to play the game, took the computer with him to the army. Sadly, now I want to try a new Eriador campaign. . And he comes back in two weeks. Two weeks is too much! Third Age Total War, I miss you!
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Started playing again after a long time and man am i loving it.

I love this Mod

ErgoSumm's Avatar Miles

Icon14 Re: First Impressions

I rekon that ther must be a point where a "mod" becomes it's own complete "game". I am still tring to convince myself that this is a freely downloaded mod, it is simply far to well made. I love TATW!!!!!!!!!! The total war experience isn't complete without crushing a few thousand orcs.

or a few hundred elves

I salute the whole team for all their hard work.
    Now, its off to war! For the Free people of Middle Earth!