Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1772

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions

And from where did you get the opinion that 2.0 would be so new? I haven't played it yet because, my internet connection is slow, but i'm not expecting that much, a really beautiful new faction, or better said two, some new balancing, new videos, new UI, and some new scripts. That's it, that's all, like they allways said... oh no i forgot the fellowship campaign, something like that has never been done before but that's not something special Oo And guess what you get this for free, they do it in their freetime as a hobby and you say that they should do more, I don't understand it. And about the submods, nothing against those, really like many of them, and I'm myself a little bit into modding, but their quality ( models and textures) is most of the time not so good as this.
    Just wanted to say this... And to the team thank you for the excellent work, really appreciate it! And we all should generally thank those modders for every game, because without them it would be boring !

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Just got up to the Riddermark in the Fellowship campaign. The Balrog killed Boromir.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Just got up to the Riddermark in the Fellowship campaign. The Balrog killed Boromir.
    Ya play wit da fire ya get da burrrn.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

It was a ing terrifying battle dude

Massive props to whoever made the Hornburg custom map that is used in the historical battle. That is seriously a massive piece of cyber art that took hours and hours of work. I love using the map editor myself but that is seriously awesome. Accurate to the books too

Wolfsblut's Avatar Semisalis

It was 4,5 hours with the orc on gundabad...
    droven the dwarves out of the west in a blitzkrieg of orcish scumtroops...
    everything was beautiful...til the fullstack dwarvish revenge from the east hit me 2 rounds before eriador attacked and the elves kicked me out of torins halls...

Btw, the funny thing is that certain "people" already are complaining a few hours after 2.0 is out
    (beside the fact that only ***** *****ers do complain about something that they get
    for FREE... AND then feak out when other people write THEIR opinion about that complains).
    I thought i got much time but somehow i didnt made it til now to play every faction a couple of hours
    to see everything... uuups, my fault... that isnt possible to do for the mod isnt uploaded that long.
    Electro shockwaves may strike you throught your keyboards and burn your dirty little hands.

Anyway, thanks for some long days and short nights with 2.0.
    Last edited by Wolfsblut; July 23, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    May the earth be light upon you, lest the dogs can dig you out more easy.

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Thanks.

What can I say chaps, I am quite stunned to tell you the truth! the new 2.0 reached beyond my expectations..... custom battles where I have actually lost? cant be? but it is..couldn't be happier.. so thank you to everyone involved.... from myself and from my son who loves this mod.
    Congratulations and once again thank you very much chaps.
    and all that.
    You are most welcome old bean. Now tally ho, cholks away and let's show those orc buggers the meaning of a bayonet with some guts behind it. With a few good lads we shall reach Barad-dur just in time for tea. Let's deeeww it! Woof!
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; July 23, 2010 at 06:38 PM.

Foederatus

Default 2.0!!!!

I have to wait 4 hours until it's installed..........................

HOW IS IT??????????
    Please!!! I've waited forever lol

ANybody have any videos??? Helms Deep?! Epic?! How is it?!
    Minas Tirith?! Osgiliath?!

OMFG

There are no custom settlements if that's what you're asking, except those in historical battles made in the editor.

Other that that, it's pretty good.

Valandur's Avatar Campidoctor

NOOO
    Lost at Pelennor Fields.
    I went in there with 4 armies, Theoden with Rohirrim, and two mixed half stacks under Gandalf and Aragorn. Also had an Allied Army under Denethor sally forth. The enemy consisted of the Witch King and Gothmog, both with full stacks, and Amr, a Haradrim General with a few units and 2 units of Mumakil. It was about 2500 vs nearly 10 000.

I started with Aragorn (about 800 men) fighting the Witch King (about 4000 men). I was able to hold the line and soon reinforcements consisting of Gandalf, Theoden and a few units of Rohirrim, I was able to hit them on the flank and rear. Gandalf killed the Witch King, and his army broke.
    However, Denethor had run into the Haradrim Army and the second Mordor army. I tried to take the pressure of Denethor as more and more of my reinforcements arrived, but I was fighting uphill and the hordes of Orcs from the Witch King and Gothmog armies held me back. Soon the battle turned into total disarray, and as Denethor's Army continued to diminish, more and more forces were sent against me and I began to become driven back.
    Then the Mumakil came down and I decided to use my Cavalry to delay them long enough for my Riddermark Skirmishers to defeat them. Some of my infantry units began to route and I was starting to rely more and more on Cavalry. About this time, Theoden was slain by Trolls.
    2 minutes later, Denethor is finally killed and his men flee, leaving me to face nearly 6000 Orcs, 10 Mumakil and a few hundred Haradrim.
    What I didn't notice was that some of the Mumakil had circled and attacked Aragorn himself. If Aragorn died again, I'd lose the campaign.
    So I quickly diverted nearly all my unengaged cavalry to save him, and soon only Aragorn stood left fighting the Mumakil. My Riddermark Skirmishers soon riddled the Mumakil with javelins and more reinforcements arrived, consisting of Dismounted Eorling Lancers, Eorling Swordsmen and a unit of Royal Guards. So I moved those forces to hold the Orcs at bay while I rallied my other cavalry for a mass cavalry charge.
    Then, in less than 30 seconds, my reinforcements break and flee, with my already battered men. Only at this time did I realise Gandalf had been killed and I was on my own, with less than 500 men to fight the enemy. I decided to retreat as there was little else I could do.
    I ordered Aragorn and the remnants of my infantry to retreat, while I let the cavalry stay back and try to kill as many of the enemy as possible before fleeing.
    I had a bit of luck with that, killing the other Mumakils and destroying a unit of Serpent Guards, killing Amr in the process. After a while, I was down to about 50 Cavalry. Gothmog personally pursued my men as I continued hit and run tactics, and I was able to kill him.
    Then, seeing the mass of Orcs approaching, I ordered my men to retreat, losing the battle.

Results: Nearly all my men slain, Theoden, Denethor and Gandalf slain. About 6000 Orcs and 500 Haradrim slain, Amr, Witch King and Gothmog slain.
    Overall, about 500 of my men remaining against about 4000 of them. If I'd had sufficient forces I would've counter-attacked as the enemy had lost their Trolls and Mumakil, and their Generals for that matter.
    But, I couldn't muster the forces and the campaign was lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele Bachmann View Post
    They would be incorrect. The only path to happiness is through Christ.

trance's Avatar Vicarius

I seriously don't get some people, what are they expecting? 10 new factions and a new world? Do you think this is some bubblegum-machinelike-World of Warcraft-wannabe game? ! We got a whole new INNOVATING campaign, we got TWO new factions, we got about 15-20 additional units, we got Eriador evolving to Arnor, FUDGE'S SAKE.

It's FRIGGING incredible. Definately worth the title 2.0, what is wrong with you people being all cocky and ? I haven't seen any suggestions of what you would like to see in a "2.0" version. If you have any thoughts about the game, you share your ideas with the team long before a new version is about to be released, and you make sure that your ideas are well formulated in every possible way, and perhaps they will consider implenting it into the game. What the heck's with the whining NOW?

Jouvan, I do believe that Gondor is good as it is, but if you have any more ideas, or want anymore units, why not make a submod, or perhaps share them with when the development of 2.1 is under way? Gondor is my favourite faction, iirc RR/RC adds more units to them, do install it.

And yes, totalwar89 or w/e your nick was, you're alone in thinking what you do. And yes, that's some incredibly spoiled, chilish thinking and expressions you're having going there.

Can't wait for the new RC/RR to come out, I've simply grown too used to it to play without it , I'm waiting anxiously to try out the new fellowship campaign, as well as the Eriador faction.
    Last edited by trance; July 23, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post

Can't wait for the new RC/RR to come out, I've simply grown too used to it to play without it
    I know that "problem" very well .
    My Uruk Hai eager for manflesh and i think they will wait for Point Blank too .
    Fortunatly i stop playing tatw 2 month“s before to keep ME eager,
    so i can enjoy the rest without RC/RR since its done^^.

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I seriously don't get some people, what are they expecting? 10 new factions and a new world? Do you think this is some bubblegum-machinelike-World of Warcraft-wannabe game? ! We got a whole new INNOVATING campaign, we got TWO new factions, we got about 15-20 additional units, we got Eriador evolving to Arnor, FUDGE'S SAKE.

It's FRIGGING incredible. Definately worth the title 2.0, what is wrong with you people being all cocky and ? I haven't seen any suggestions of what you would like to see in a "2.0" version. If you have any thoughts about the game, you share your ideas with the team long before a new version is about to be released, and you make sure that your ideas are well formulated in every possible way, and perhaps they will consider implenting it into the game. What the heck's with the whining NOW?

Jouvan, I do believe that Gondor is good as it is, but if you have any more ideas, or want anymore units, why not make a submod, or perhaps share them with when the development of 2.1 is under way? Gondor is my favourite faction, iirc RR/RC adds more units to them, do install it.

And yes, totalwar89 or w/e your nick was, you're alone in thinking what you do. And yes, that's some incredibly spoiled, chilish thinking and expressions you're having going there.

Can't wait for the new RC/RR to come out, I've simply grown too used to it to play without it , I'm waiting anxiously to try out the new fellowship campaign, as well as the Eriador faction.
    Man i know this is a great work u and someone else didn t understad the point.I m not doing the child i m just expressing one opinion: fellowship is a wonderfull and innovative campaign but is short u can end it with less than 10 hours, so i just said that shoulded be improve the main campaign with more factions or spawn script(something innovative that give more dinamic action in the map this i was expecting) because the main campaign is not much innovative cause u could find more than this new factions added in some submod.This is my opinion now i don t think that i m doing the child i m just expressing a valid idea different from everyone that say is wonderfull, amzing ... i don t think that with amazings and wonderfull or perfect u can improve something cause new things born from ideas and i m just expressing them... is true fellowship is wonderfull, and historical battle too but the main campaign is just not so many innovative i just think that the add of 2 factions is not what need a game for let u play and have fun for weeks.U can end fellowship campaing in less than 10 hours, custom battle i don t know but in little time, so what i suppose they should really improve is the main campaign.The script for make become eriador in arnor are a great work a long and hard work, also the new orc factions and the units added.For this i know that they has did a giant work but i m trying to say that i was expecting more in main campaign and maybe not so much from the fellowship and custom battles.this is just my points of wiew that express in general my idea is that this is a wonderfull relase and totally innovative/about the fellowship) but that will not let me play third age for weeks.I already know that i ll not play third longer than 1 or 2 weeks when i ll finish fellowship and try eriador.
    this is all i said it in not offensive or polemic, this is just my opinion expressed, there s nothing offensive or bad in this
    Last edited by totalwar89; July 24, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

This mod is amazaing, best mod for any game. I play with Eriador. Only the fellowship campaign its a bit to hard.

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Valandur View Post
    NOOO
    Lost at Pelennor Fields.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I went in there with 4 armies, Theoden with Rohirrim, and two mixed half stacks under Gandalf and Aragorn. Also had an Allied Army under Denethor sally forth. The enemy consisted of the Witch King and Gothmog, both with full stacks, and Amr, a Haradrim General with a few units and 2 units of Mumakil. It was about 2500 vs nearly 10 000.

I started with Aragorn (about 800 men) fighting the Witch King (about 4000 men). I was able to hold the line and soon reinforcements consisting of Gandalf, Theoden and a few units of Rohirrim, I was able to hit them on the flank and rear. Gandalf killed the Witch King, and his army broke.
    However, Denethor had run into the Haradrim Army and the second Mordor army. I tried to take the pressure of Denethor as more and more of my reinforcements arrived, but I was fighting uphill and the hordes of Orcs from the Witch King and Gothmog armies held me back. Soon the battle turned into total disarray, and as Denethor's Army continued to diminish, more and more forces were sent against me and I began to become driven back.
    Then the Mumakil came down and I decided to use my Cavalry to delay them long enough for my Riddermark Skirmishers to defeat them. Some of my infantry units began to route and I was starting to rely more and more on Cavalry. About this time, Theoden was slain by Trolls.
    2 minutes later, Denethor is finally killed and his men flee, leaving me to face nearly 6000 Orcs, 10 Mumakil and a few hundred Haradrim.
    What I didn't notice was that some of the Mumakil had circled and attacked Aragorn himself. If Aragorn died again, I'd lose the campaign.
    So I quickly diverted nearly all my unengaged cavalry to save him, and soon only Aragorn stood left fighting the Mumakil. My Riddermark Skirmishers soon riddled the Mumakil with javelins and more reinforcements arrived, consisting of Dismounted Eorling Lancers, Eorling Swordsmen and a unit of Royal Guards. So I moved those forces to hold the Orcs at bay while I rallied my other cavalry for a mass cavalry charge.
    Then, in less than 30 seconds, my reinforcements break and flee, with my already battered men. Only at this time did I realise Gandalf had been killed and I was on my own, with less than 500 men to fight the enemy. I decided to retreat as there was little else I could do.
    I ordered Aragorn and the remnants of my infantry to retreat, while I let the cavalry stay back and try to kill as many of the enemy as possible before fleeing.
    I had a bit of luck with that, killing the other Mumakils and destroying a unit of Serpent Guards, killing Amr in the process. After a while, I was down to about 50 Cavalry. Gothmog personally pursued my men as I continued hit and run tactics, and I was able to kill him.
    Then, seeing the mass of Orcs approaching, I ordered my men to retreat, losing the battle.

Results: Nearly all my men slain, Theoden, Denethor and Gandalf slain. About 6000 Orcs and 500 Haradrim slain, Amr, Witch King and Gothmog slain.
    Overall, about 500 of my men remaining against about 4000 of them. If I'd had sufficient forces I would've counter-attacked as the enemy had lost their Trolls and Mumakil, and their Generals for that matter.
    But, I couldn't muster the forces and the campaign was lost
    Interesting and exciting report. I hope you save before

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

TotalWar89 you have to understand they are not open for critics or opinions other than praises. I've tried also. They are going to rape you now because English is not your first language (so much about mature). So don't bother. But I share your opinion, and a few pages back you can see some older members of the forum saying that both me and you said nothing wrong, and that we did not disrespect the authors of this (still) a masterpiece mod.

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Well thank you old bean, I have tried to rep some of you(not enough) it does seem rather little for such a sterling effort, but the best I can do chaps..will get round to all the team in due course... thats certainly assured chaps.
    Don't sweat it ol' chap, we already have more rings than fingers and more crowns than heads, that's for sure.

Edit.
    Just 1 point of interest, at least to me, could you tell me how long this mod 2.0 was in the planning.... from inception to release please?
    Hard to say, KK is probably the only one who could say for sure. Reworking Eriador, for example, was on schedule almost since 1.0 as it was obvious it was needed. The Orcs of Gundabad are a more recent development of the past months as many agreed that a bit more "oomph" was needed from the evil factions in the north. As for the Fellowship campaign, I've no idea when and why KK came up with it (assuming he was the main proponent).

Amon Amarth was very much involved with it so maybe he can answer in more detail.

..................................................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan90 View Post
    TotalWar89 you have to understand they are not open for critics or opinions other than praises. I've tried also. They are going to rape you now because English is not your first language (so much about mature). So don't bother. But I share your opinion, and a few pages back you can see some older members of the forum saying that both me and you said nothing wrong, and that we did not disrespect the authors of this (still) a masterpiece mod.
    Oh you poor oppressed chap.

Much of what you see in tatw, including this update, stems from community feedback. The Orcs of Gundabad have, for example, been requested for quite some time (not necessarily under that name) and reworking Eriador has been one of community's primary concerns ever since 1.0 was released.

Why do you think all these previews exist. Abundant previews that you could have checked any time to know what to expect instead of making up your own expectations and then acting surprised as if some deception was afoot. I'm sorry we couldn't please you but thousands of other people were expecting improvements where they were actually needed rather than additional units to factions with already well developed and full rosters.

Do you think this bustling community with a thriving sub mod section producing an immense amount of additional content and side projects is based around a team who are arrogant bigots?

Stop being so pretentious and enjoy the mod. If not, find another source of amusement. If you ever come up with constructive and reasonable criticism and opinions come back and talk to us. Until then please put this matter to rest as I'm sure we've all had enough of it by now.

To the general public. Please don't provoke this further, it's gone long enough. Consider this a formal warning. As you all know I'm the forgiving sort but Gigantus is significantly less so. Thank you.

JAL just so you know i would be the worst moderator known to man i would hand permabans out like candy dont know how you keep your head level half the time... must be all the sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Incan View Post
    JAL just so you know i would be the worst moderator known to man i would hand permabans out like candy dont know how you keep your head level half the time... must be all the sarcasm
    Naw, he got his calm blue ocean

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Quote Originally Posted by Incan View Post
    Well, JAL can't ban someone so