Page 56 of 89 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1772

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Amon Amarth 930's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Valandur View Post
    Arghh.
    I just spent nearly 5 hours playing the Fellowship Campaign.
    Had a rough start, losing Sam against the Nazgul, and Aragorn against the Balrog. I failed the Mirkwood, Dain's Hall, Ithillien and Troll mission, but completed the bigger ones like Helm's Deep, the Aragorn Quests, Isengard and saving Merry and Pippin, also did the Dale one.
    I'm up to Pelennor Fields at the moment, but so far, I've had no crashes or any bugs whatsoever.
    Well made!

Will try Eriador/Arnor tomorrow and Gundabad, as well as finishing my Fellowship.
    Nice to hear that!

Third Age Member (Fellowship-Scripter)
    Under the Patronage of MasterBigAb

I didn't know where to write this, I chose this thread cuz this is sort of first impression (2.0)

My 76 Dunedain knights where attacked by +800 orcs of gunbalad... In the end, 17 enemy bodyguards and my general where standing!

Some time later only 4 orcs alive... I was like "OMG I WIN!!!!!" ...and then filthy goblin blade cutted my brave general down!

400 gobbos healed from their wounds... Their health care is better than in USA.

But still, one of my best fights ever, thank you again KK and team.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandur View Post
    Arghh.
    I just spent nearly 5 hours playing the Fellowship Campaign.
    Had a rough start, losing Sam against the Nazgul, and Aragorn against the Balrog. I failed the Mirkwood, Dain's Hall, Ithillien and Troll mission, but completed the bigger ones like Helm's Deep, the Aragorn Quests, Isengard and saving Merry and Pippin, also did the Dale one.
    I'm up to Pelennor Fields at the moment, but so far, I've had no crashes or any bugs whatsoever.
    Well made!

Will try Eriador/Arnor tomorrow and Gundabad, as well as finishing my Fellowship.

I think you had to retreat from that nazgul attack. At least that's what i did and it worked. Balrog was a nasty fight i was lucky to have all my heroes alive after that fight.

I had much trouble, so much i didn't made it, with the faramir quest. Damn Harad

I also played the orcs of Gundabad, looked great. I was wandering if the OotMM is easier now, because it's easier to defend. But first I'll finish the Gundabad.
    Also did a quick look at Eriador, but it will of cource take some time before it will be Arnor so I'll look in that after a while.

Anyone knows when it will become Arnor? So i can defeat it with Gundabad

Looks great TWTA team!!

Quote Originally Posted by koultouras View Post
    come on guys we are on the same side here.....
    we dont have to agree on everything..... in fact thats impossible....
    he just wasnt impressed...thats all....he didnt say that 2.0 doesnt worth anything....
    btw i havent dld it yet so i cant express my oppinion
    but judging from the preview it should be great
    Exactly man i just say that this mod didn t impress me much and guys i know some people that worked on this mod and i know that all this requires a lot of work and fixes for bugs but the things i try to say is that at the end this mod add like news the fellowship campaign, no other radical changes, and the fellowship campaign how many time u ll need to end this??? 7-8 hours?
    I just say that this mod don t impress me cause in the main campaign there are not effective news, the adds of 2 new factions is not so impressive to me cause many sub mods add 2 or 3 or more factions so where s the news?
    I was expecting a more radical change

ps forgive me man if u don t understand my english but all the post here readable are not wrote by people from england or usa or australia or similar

I'll pass the word onto KK that he needs to put more effort into his modding.

You're fully entitled to your opinion, no matter how terribly selfish it is, but next time think about what you are saying and how it will come off. If you put months into restoring a car and then someone sees it and they say "well thats not very impressive, I thought you would do more. You had so much time why didn't you do more." I don't think you would be too happy to hear that now would you.

koultouras and The Holy Pilgrim thank you for being reasonable!
    Why are you Disgruntled Goat so pissed, I didnt say anything THAT wrong. I personally think that a forum should be used to collect opinions, and that a good game (mod) cannot be good unless you have opinions. And its opinions like mine and totalwar89's that are MAYBE going to make something different, not the 'THIS IS THE BEST', 'EVERYTHING IS PERFECT' ones.

AGAIN, I am VERY grateful for all your time and effort, and despite what you think Disgruntled Goat I am a student of programming and computer engineering, and I think I have quite a good estimate on how much time and effort something like this takes.

Adding at least one unit to every faction (like Eregion smiths to the HE) would spice the game nicely, I started playing Gondor and EVERYTHING is the same. No contact with new factions, no new units, settlements, nothing. Just longer recruitment times for elite units. Which is nice, but 2.0? more like 1.5.

Its a great addition to TATW, but I expected more from the 2.0. Just my opinion. Sorry for my english, peace and understanding.

Lol, does this guy have two accounts?

edit: Nwm, missed his earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan90 View Post
    I started playing Gondor and EVERYTHING is the same. No contact with new factions, no new units, settlements, nothing. Just longer recruitment times for elite units. Which is nice, but 2.0? more like 1.5.
    This wasn't a Gondor update. All in all a lot was added. I just don't understand what some of you expect. This is about as much content a mainstream game expansion would have added. So if the version number was 1.5 you would've been ok with it? Then just imagine it says 1.5 instead of 2.0. Who the hell cares about the version number. Eriador was the last faction that really needed a rework and it was a good opportunity to round it up with 2.0. Especially with the new campaign which is pretty unique among m2tw or practically all tw mods. And the new Sauron, and the siege engines, and the AI, the UI and anything else you failed to acknowledge.

I didn't like Aristea, just couldn't get into it. But I was sure as hell impressed with it and would never dream of going to their forum and try to look "different" and original by presenting a disrespectful "opinion". And however you try to paint it you did come off as disrespectful, both you and TW89.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; July 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM.

Adding at least one unit to every faction (like Eregion smiths to the HE) would spice the game nicely, I started playing Gondor and EVERYTHING is the same. No contact with new factions, no new units, settlements, nothing. Just longer recruitment times for elite units. Which is nice, but 2.0? more like 1.5.
    Why expand faction rosters when they are already were you want them. You honestly seem to be advocating additional material for the sake of adding content. If Gondor didn't change it is because KK is happy with how it works. If something isn't broke don't ing fix it. Honestly, you seem to have built this idea of what 2.0 would be out of nothing, obviously you didn't look at the previews, and now are saying that the release is unimpressive.

There are ways to express this and there are ways not to. The way not to is to say "Hey, you had so much time, why didn't you do more changes." That implies that the effort put forth wasn't high enough for your standard. And despite the fact that you have experience in computer programing, I do not believe you are aware of the amount of work that is required to implement one new unit let alone entire factions worth of units. Then making sure the special recruitment stuff works, making the necessary scripting changes. You don't just drop in the art files, change one line of code and are done with it. If you've never modded TW games before I don't think you would understand the amount of work. Then realize that it was all done by a single person and you might understand why it takes so long.

Lioncross's Avatar Tiro

A couple of weeks ago, while waiting for Version 2.0 of Third Age, I went out and got myself Empire: Total War.

It is overall a great game, new factions, era, and warfare, not to mention the sweet naval battles make it a very unique installment. Yet, the essence is still the same, no major gameplaychanges have being made to the game, which over the years has dull me from the eagerness I use to have during campaigns. I was starting to get bored because of the usual formula of open battles and kingdom maintenance. This is why I consider this MOD a break through.

First of all, the game is finally balanced in my opinion, mainly the new faction. I played Eriador before and it was a shame I had to duke it out with the Dwarfts after a few turns. Now in my current game as Eriador, the new Orc faction is presenting a serious problem to them, and thus they offer me trade rights off the bat. The new factions also gives OMM more leeway to hold against SE and Eriador. Also all the factions now look great, the artwork and movie are flawless and I've yet to run into a glitch after playing 5 hours straight! Not to mention the AI is finally thinking straight, no more orcs taking long breaks during seiges, no more cavalry charging w/e they feel like it, no more endless stacks!

Now the reason I'm really digging this patch is the Fellowship campaign, holy ! The gang did not hold back on us. Is a freaking RPG! How did SEGA, EA and the Creative Assembly did not think of this first. I would have loved a Richard the Lionheart RPG minigame going around recreating his victories and defeads. I enjoy the storyline and the all-in-one package of an RPG and a strategy game, and even though I'm sure there are games out there who have already done this, the Total War franchise totally miss it.

Dear Creative Assembly:

You just got owned!

-Leon.

So thank you TATW team. I can't wait to see what you'll have in store for us in Version 3.0

"All you have to decide, is what to do, with the time that is given to you"

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Dear Creative Assembly:

You just got owned!

-Leon.
    - For the second time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Lol, does this guy have two accounts?

edit: Nwm, missed his earlier post.

This wasn't a Gondor update. All in all a lot was added. I just don't understand what some of you expect. This is about as much content a mainstream game expansion would have added. So if the version number was 1.5 you would've been ok with it? Then just imagine it says 1.5 instead of 2.0. Who the hell cares about the version number. Eriador was the last faction that really needed a rework and it was a good opportunity to round it up with 2.0. Especially with the new campaign which is pretty unique among m2tw or practically all tw mods. And the new Sauron, and the siege engines, and the AI, the UI and anything else you failed to acknowledge.

I didn't like Aristea, just couldn't get into it. But I was sure as hell impressed with it and would never dream of going to their forum and try to look "different" and original by presenting a disrespectful "opinion". And however you try to paint it you did come off as disrespectful, both you and TW89.
    man i don t know how many years u have but your speaking it s not intelligent becuse I HAVE JUST EXPRESS MY OPINION
    u whant to hear wonderfull, great job ever see something so nice, this is the best mod i ever see?
    i can say as anyone in this forum wow this is wonderfull but i think that this don t satisfied my expectative.
    I m kind and very respectfull about anything and when i express my opinion i didn t make polemics i just say that i was expecting much more full stop
    if u whant that any people should think like u is just because u are not so respectfull person or maybe just cause u are too young...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; July 23, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Ya we're asking you to kiss KK's ass... christ almighty. Why do I let the trolls suck me in.

Content Emeritus

You missed the point mate
    Btw.: JAL seems to be some years older than you, but no reason to start a discussion here...

Content Emeritus

First this is a direct insult, it is against the TOS!
    Second he didn't insult you!
    Third JAL is moderator here and developer of Third Age as well, so you are talking to whoever else but a "Spammer - chilrden".

I deleted your post, pls no more insults.

NO, I would disrespect if I didnt say that I admire your work and that this is a great addition to TATW, and that I am VERY grateful for all your time and trouble.

What you dont obviously want to see here is a mediocre opinion the results of your work (not the time, sacrifices, patience etc). Its like
    'GREAT MOD, PERFECT'
    'AWESOME THIS IS THE BEST EVER'
    'Its great, but not quite what I expected' <-- 'WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU?! YOU YOU ARE BANNED 4EVER, YOU BRAT, YOU ARE A SPOILED KID, YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PROGRAMMING, THAT MUST BE THE REASON, CAUSE OTHERWISE THE MOD MIGHT NOT BE THAT AMAZING AFTER ALL'

No, it does not matter if its 2.0 or 1.5 I'm just saying that if it was a patch, a 1.5, than I personally would not expect much new things, and this would be far more than my expectations. On the other hand a 2.0, all the previews, annotations, waiting, expectations (in short 2.0) just made me think of a completely new experience. Which this does not bring, like it or not.

I personally believe that the last couple of sorry pages of this thread should be deleted but thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by Gfowle; July 23, 2010 at 01:06 PM.
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout.

'Its great, but not quite what I expected'
    There is a huge difference between that and THIS:

not enough for a so long wait because there are some sub mods that did the same job maked in 2.0 version
    Which basically says "You wasted your time."

Q_Q
    Rage thread is rage. To be fair, I picked up the mod on 2.0, and I'm absolutely in love. <3

DisgruntledGoat you reply to me while quoting TotalWar90. No you did not waste your time, everything added with the 2.0 is awesome and fits great, done very professionally, great looking, bug-free and very very enjoyable. But I dont want to play Eriador.