Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1772

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions

I just found out about this mod yesterday from some dudes vids on youtube. It looks absolutely epic! I've downloaded it all the way to 1.4.1 and I'm about to play it. WOW! Thanks guys for this mod, I don't usually download mods but I HAD to download this one. Again thanks guys!!

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

//

what would give to play TATW for the first time.
    (like to hear "Dark Side of The Moon" for another first time.)

//

Calaurin's Avatar Libertus
    Northern Italy - close to the mountains, lost in the wooden hills

Beautiful job, my heartfelt thanks to King Kong and to the whole TATW team

Beradrin's Avatar Civis

My first impression of when I played the mod for the first time was: "This is a mod ?? It looks just like the movies !!!" You guys really captured the "epicness" of Middle Earth.

Finally got around to trying this mod.

In a word: Stunning! Fantastic job with Middle Earth, I am amazed this is an add on, it has the quality to be a stand alone game that would be worth paying for.

Only one complaint, and it is trivial: the voice acting. My first choice was Rohan, and every time I selected a horse unit that voice that says "RIDERS of ROHAN" got annoying in about 20 seconds. But I realize it's not easy to get celebrity sounding voices all the time so it's really just a nit-pick.

It's awesome I installed it and have played for some hours now and have built up Theodén to one awesome commander with gold chevrons and ten stars too bad i have to start over now(didn't download the patch at first and i assume the game isn't save game compatible?) Well i guess i have to play with some other ones who is interesting and has great cavalry.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

Man, you guys had to have put in some serious hours. Excellent mod, I've enjoyed it immensely.

My tribute to the creators falls so short of the laurels they deserve.

Last edited by Thompson45cal.; May 22, 2010 at 02:35 AM.

this mod is very very good i am new to it been playing today for the first time (all day)

Quote Originally Posted by gamer77 View Post
    this mod is very very good i am new to it been playing today for the first time (all day)
    Well buddy get use to that, trust me you will be playing this game more than just "all day" it will turn into "days" then "weeks" then so on and so on
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legolose View Post
    Well buddy get use to that, trust me you will be playing this game more than just "all day" it will turn into "days" then "weeks" then so on and so on
    Hell, that is sooo true. My wife is all the time harassing me about the amount of time I spend playing "Age of Empires".... she can't even get the name right.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki_999 View Post
    Hell, that is sooo true. My wife is all the time harassing me about the amount of time I spend playing "Age of Empires".... she can't even get the name right.
    My girlfriend says I betray her with my pc...

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Loki_999 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Njordr View Post
    Lol

Never liked Age of Empires btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Njordr View Post
    She would prefer another woman?

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    good argument - will remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Nay, I'd say I'm sufficient.

Really great work with the mod! Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legolose View Post
    i see what you mean,and 1.5 is on the way to i understandawsome

I guess that pretty much all that I want to say has already been said - amazing mod that is far too addictive!

Thanks to all the team for creating this one, it really could be packaged as a stand-alone game in it's own right. There is so much detail!

Its the crack pipe of M2TW mods - 1 hit and you're addicted

Well, i m an old player of the total war games (from Shogun) and also a Tolkien fan.I have played this Third Age Mod and it seems really cool and well made, but i think it need patch 1.5 to be better than now.
    Anyway, my first impression is: the factions should be more evil alligned or good alligned.I mean that at the end of my first campaign with Rohan i was triyng to destroy the last defence of mordor in Middle Earth (Dol Goldur), but mordor becamed vassal of Dale and i was forced to declare War to Dale and destroy it.After Dale was destroyed Mordor becamed vassal of the Dwarves and i was forced to fight them in order to destroy Mordor.I 'd destroy Mordor anyway, but i think dwarves never would had tried to defend Mordor, nor Dale would had tried it in a realistic campaign.

I hope an allegiance between an evil and a good faction will be impossible in the next patches (like 1.5)

Thanks in advance for your attention!

Bucefalo