Page 36 of 89 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: First Impressions

huh? there are no monasteries in the game...

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    monasteries kind of need to dissapear...especially in Mordor, I dont think monks would choose mordor as there place of habitation. also is it possible to re-skin the shrines and temples of Melkor, using Catholic churches is a) just plain non sequitur with Middle-earth, especially when it comes to Rhun and harad who are muslim based and would have built mosque-like structure(not actual mosques obviously as that would be contradicory to my next point). and b) sorry to say, kind of offensive to me and my two catholic friends who also play this mod(yes i understand offense was not the intention, and i am not blaming anyone for anything). so i was just wondering if making a more orcish structure was in the works. other than that its great, i really love it.
    Look at is as something that unfortunately haven't been removed yet (because of ability) from the old game that gave Catholisism such a heavy focus

Geordie-warlord's Avatar Miles

my first impressions of the mod are:
    well made,massive map,love the new unit's and the lotr lore it is very immersive it's the best full conversion mod i have ever seen in my life.
    but one niggle...i can't zoom into my units when on the battlefield or campaign map as it seem's like my mouse wheel dosen't work/respond?
    is this done so we feel like it's more of an epic feel to the battles...
    i.e force us to play in zoomed out view?
    10/10 score...i love it.

I must say I am really impressed!

The map is splendid, really like the look of individual cities on the Campaign Map. Gives an excellent feel.
    Fabulous to have the movie events of visiting places!

Well done, very good feel about it.

Geordie-warlord -> something may be wrong with your install, i can zoom fine

This is not a scam, trust me!
    Depends on how much you trust me I guess

Oh Yeh, Heres the first Helms Deep video I made! -never got around to making an updated one -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdcfj5MT0lA

Why I can't play siege in custom battle?

Ok thx everything is working.

After setup, i tried to play (without installing the patch) but i found the error: Can't find Kingdoms.exe. Do i have to install the patch??

Mmhhh i've installed the patch and the error still remains. Advices????
    Last edited by Centripeto; June 09, 2009 at 05:27 PM.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by Centripeto View Post
    After setup, i tried to play (without installing the patch) but i found the error: Can't find Kingdoms.exe. Do i have to install the patch??

Re-install Kingdoms and then TATW ?

Quote Originally Posted by Centripeto View Post

Maybe you selected the wrong installation path so Third Age cant find the Kingdoms.Exe as it is in the wrong space.
    You need to install the mod into the Medieval 2 Case.
    First install part 1, than part 2 and finally the patch.

If you did all correctly they will be shown in the "Mod" Part of that Dictionary.

oohhhh i remember!!! I removed Kingdoms a few days ago.........what a shame

Hi there, I just wanted to say this is great but I feel there is one problem: it gets old too easily, specially because the AI just sends more and more units... and the same units... and the battles are the same, over and over again.

I've been playing as Gondor and Mordor apparently is a fountain of units, they just keep coming again and again. I believe there should be more unique and decisive battles. Maybe you could globally severely restrict recruitment capabilities somehow.

Just my insight!

Congratulations,

Egoras.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoras View Post
    Hi there, I just wanted to say this is great but I feel there is one problem: it gets old too easily, specially because the AI just sends more and more units... and the same units... and the battles are the same, over and over again.

I've been playing as Gondor and Mordor apparently is a fountain of units, they just keep coming again and again. I believe there should be more unique and decisive battles. Maybe you could globally severely restrict recruitment capabilities somehow.

Just my insight!

Congratulations,

Egoras.
    I fell exactly the same, the reasons why I don´t play TATW (yet).
    But you should know that this Mod is far away from being done. I could list umpteen things which would (intensly) change the overall feeling of the gameplay, the ring to name one.
    From my current point of view this Mod could become the best Lotr game done so far.

Aren't there culture requirements for recruiting units in settlements? For instance, Mordor can't start recruiting orc armies in Osgiliath right after it's captured, because it has to little of the "followers of Melkor" culture. Maybe I'm missing something, but the recruitment system seemed alright to me (although I agree that there needs to be more uniqueness and decisiveness to the battles).

And I TOTALLY agree that a Ring script needs to be implemented!
    Make America great again!

First Thought: What the heck is wrong with it?

Reinstallations later....

Second Thought: Awesomeness

Third Thought: EPIC!
    When people ask me "plz", it is short for "please". When I say no, it is short for "yes".

I will dominate the world and terminate all Humans on 12/12/12 if they do not sign my yearbook!

Warmaster Tibs's Avatar Senator

I am pleased with this mod. It is very solid re-awoke my love of LOTR. The only down side is I cannot download any fixes or sub mods do to my very low computer skills. It also made me want to try out the LOTR MMO, LOTRO.

Overall I must say thank you for this mod and I look forward to future progress for this mod. Just keep it easy to download for "lack-a-wits" like myself.

Foederatus

first impression was awesome, and I will be playing this for along time, pity my wife dosent like it hi hi hi

jinjo's Avatar Senator

it's perfect

Great mod, probably the best (with EB) for a TW game, and without a doubt the best "Middle-earth" game atm.

"With such valorous troops, I could easily become King of Italy"
    Frederick II the Great, after the Piedmontese victory at the Battle of the Assietta (1747)