Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Default Re: First Impressions & Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by BudSMoke View Post
    What? The ETW graphics blow away the MTW graphics. Buy a Nvidia GTX-280 and max it out. It is absolutely stunning. That and you have to remember this game engine is 3 years old.

Unbelievable MOD though!!!!!!!
    A true masterpiece?

When are you going to port the graphics to the ETW game engine? lol... just kidding
    Not true!Rusichi units are far better than ETW'S and they are from MTW game engine.There is alot of room for mod makers to work with on the MTW game engine still,but it takes alot of time to create awesome units like in Rusichi.

Not saying that you can't get even better units in ETW when ever they create the tools for modders.

Laetus

Default Re: First Impressions

AMAZING!! The best mod I´ve ever played. Congratulations to the team!

PD: The Olog-Hai are really hard to kill, anyone who knows the best way to deal with these creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Not true!Rusichi units are far better than ETW'S and they are from MTW game engine.There is alot of room for mod makers to work with on the MTW game engine still,but it takes alot of time to create awesome units like in Rusichi.

Not saying that you can't get even better units in ETW when ever they create the tools for modders.
    IMOO the shadow effects, volumetric effects, texturing, and enviromental effects are much better on Vista 32 with DX10.

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    but it takes alot of time to create awesome units like in Rusichi.
    It also takes professional 3d artists that do that sort of thing as a living.

Actually I don't like ETW. Good graphics are no replacement for good gameplay.
    Want your Nazgul to live forever? Click Here!!

Im loving playing my Gondorian campaign on this mod, its extremely hard though hehe with Rhun, Mordor, Harad, and Isengard all trying to take me out, especially with Rohan wiped out. However the mod is great the skins, the videos, the campaign map and ect all make a great atmosphere.
    "The only thing permanant is change."

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Great Mod! I have been following this mods development almost a year, and now i see that the wait was worth it. It's incredible how the team has captured the athmosphere of lotr (beside vanilla sounds, etc.. but these will be fixed). I cant wait to see how this develops in the future releases. It's good that the team behind the mod didn't rush this out, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; May 06, 2009 at 04:15 AM.

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Personally, I love the mod. It does a great job of capturing the atmosphere of Middle Earth, and the battles are epic. More fun than Battle for Middle Earth, actually.

The only imperfections in this mod are small things that I have no doubt will be fixed in patches; these are the voices, which need a little filling in (mainly talking about the German voices for Isengard ("the battle goes well for the Reich"?)) and then filling in unit cards and pics for unit descriptions for Orc looters and the like. But as far as overall, gameplay goes, its great.

I'm still undecided as to whether I have to wait for the event to build my better units.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XII View Post
    (mainly talking about the German voices for Isengard ("the battle goes well for the Reich"?)) and then filling in unit cards and pics for unit descriptions for Orc looters and the like. But as far as overall, gameplay goes, its great.

I'm still undecided as to whether I have to wait for the event to build my better units.
    This will be fixed with the next release, so said the mighty Kong himself.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

It didn't bother me a lot (changing it would be cool though), I could swear I heard a speech by Hagrid (from Harry P.).

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Realy Great mod, but is Borring, sorry, but is the treue, and you need, make better the voices, change the English one. Thenks for make this great mod.

how is it 'borring'? (I assume you meant boring) I downloaded it as soon as it was released and have played it almost nonstop since it is far from boring it is detailed, original, challenging and fun.

aves's Avatar Military Historian

Awesome Mod... the production value and attention to detail is AMAZING!!!

I do agree with prior posts... the Elves are really tough to win with

This is the pinnacle of a Medieval 2 mod in my opinion, the models and textures are better than the original game had. Every faction feels unique and is true to Lord of the Rings. The campaign map is simply amazing. After playing bfm1, bfm2, the last days of the third age, and lord of the rings online, and fourth age, in earnest I give all my accolades to the mod team for their ability to capture the essence of Lord of the Rings, where other mods and professionally developed games left me wanting that something "more", you've provided it, bar none, excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by BudSMoke View Post
    IMOO the shadow effects, volumetric effects, texturing, and enviromental effects are much better on Vista 32 with DX10.
    That may be true but the units look like detailess crap.Except the ships.Like i said once they put out the tools for modders you may some great units.Not until.First they got to get past all the bugs.That looks to be some time yet.Take a close up view of a Rusichi unit for detail and face, then take a close view of a ETW soldier.Rusichi units are much better.Besides Vista still sucks.I'll wait untill they finnish patching that to.

I am never buying vista. Ever. Period. I tried it for a year and it was a complete nightmare. I am on XP and when I have to change I will go for the system after vista if thats better otherwise I will switch to Linux.

The AI garrisoning seems to be lacking like all other MTW mods.There are many cities ,towns and castles with very few units inside.In my campaign i'm watching the AI faction Gondor doing a cake walk right through Mordor with little resistance.Mordor has very few units in each fortification.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; May 06, 2009 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    I am never buying vista. Ever. Period. I tried it for a year and it was a complete nightmare. I am on XP and when I have to change I will go for the system after vista if thats better otherwise I will switch to Linux.

XP was crap in the beginning to.It did not get better until version 3 came out.So i suppose Vista's version 3 will have everything fixed by then to.

Microsoft is just like the game companies throwing software out into the public when its not ready.

1)Orcs and snaga ( dunlending, haradrim light infantry...and other ) must don't stay in formations! Don't exist in the middle earth a group of orcs standing in square formation: use "horde" or a large large formations. The peoples of Middle earth have different psicology, and there are the class in society. an stupid haradrim of desert don't have war training, but a haradrim warrior or a man from umbar yes! ...for the corsair I don't think the square formation is corrected.

2)The elf in Eriador, and in Lothloričn are 3000-5000 max. The unit of elf must be of 20-50 in number. But more powerful than now. Don't look the film...every noldor and sindar elf are a little Legolas!

3) Hobbit are too tall in games, they should be 0.90-1.15 m., like a children

4) Beornings are not realistics (they are tall and strongly man, and not civilizating). And it isn't realistic put them into the game. Increase the north people of Anduin if you want. but the beornings (there are max some hundred in all Middle Earth) don't have a thruly rule and weight in the war of the rings.

Hovewer, this is a beautiful mod, but it would be more beautiful

We'll see