Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions and Suggestions

Dazo's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: First Impressions & Screenshots

For all those supporting OOMM guys (I get the interface bug but the battle was going well so I decided to go till the end) :

Last edited by Dazo; April 26, 2009 at 05:59 PM.

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

Here it is a video from a custom battle ( i think that this is the first one posted in this forum ) for the unlucky ones who didn't yet download this great mod, just to get them in the mood.

Battle: Gondor vs. Rohan
    Video file: mov (Quick Time)
    Length: 2:29m

link: http://s4.transfer.ro/storage/transf...fec4486044.zip
    mirror: http://www.dump.ro/video/kingdoms-20...53-hq-mov/5888
    mirror2: http://www.fbx.ro/xo4545xgsl8by647

Enjoy!

Going to sleep now, Thanks again TATW team for making this possible, and for this masterpiece.
    Last edited by MaxMazi; April 26, 2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

wow dazo nice victory! you were the Oomm rigth? if it is so congrats. you were able to kill Legolas? (i hope so)

Sir Robin's Avatar Miles

Went through a number of factions to get a look overall.

Really impressed to be honest. I know it sounds selfish but I hope you add some more stuff to it over time. Really like the culture requirements for units recruitment. Only thing niggling me, so far, is having so many beautiful buildings added by you guys but still seeing some of the vanilla buildings. Hope you replace more of those too.

Only had one real battle so far and that was taking that castle in the river. Great fight and was happy with how well the AI held up.

Really good work guys. I know I shouldn't have but I left Sicilian Vespers and Stainless Steel mods installed and not noticing any ill effects on Third Age's performance yet. Only issue I've noticed was no audio for Gondor General's speech for assault on Bandit castle. That may be because of mod conflicts though.

I'm playin OotMM, when I get time and get further ingame I'll start making screenshots. So far I've fended off two armies of elves from my lands, I can see a big dwarf army coming to kick my arse though.

Does having the game on Very Hard battle difficulty only give the enemies units a boost in stats for their units or do they actually fight smarter ? I havent known what to play it on so I left it on Medium, because I assumed the game was balanced for Medium battle difficulty and the higher difficulty just made the enemies even stronger ?. If the game is balanced to be played on Very Hard difficulty I would like to start a new game, if it would be too easy to win.

So far I've just been using simple swamping tactics, I rush my snagas at their archers, causing them to split up and break posistions, then just start round them up with my snagas with repeated charges. In the mean time I charge some Goblin Infantry into their infantry, send the rest of my Goblin Infantry flanking around and charging into the backs. Worked a treat so far.
    Last edited by Leesin; April 26, 2009 at 06:09 PM.

so has any one done a siege yet? i want to see what the cities look like!

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    For all those supporting OOMM guys (I get the interface bug but the battle was going well so I decided to go till the end) :

DAMN MAN!!! You let so much orcs die

Dazo's Avatar Biarchus

@ maxi90: thx and yep, my bad, I forgot to write this very important thing: Legolas AND Celeborn killed . My orcs were waiting in the forest and I caught those filthy elves in a narrow pass (that was mostly luck) where they couldn't fire all at the same time. And also battle was in Lothlorien, great campaign turn 12. Hope you'll also get some pointy ears around your neck soon .
    @Warmonger_25: not orcs, snagas (around 1400 casualties) they do not count .
    Last edited by Dazo; April 26, 2009 at 06:19 PM.

Minas Tirith is pretty big, with three sets of walls. Unfortunately, due to the awful pathfinding it's a waste. The AI needs all the help it can get navigating through these settlements and this one doesn't help...

It's great overall, with a lovely map, fantastic units and lots of lovely little details, but I think it falls a bit on the battle side of things. I find myself battling the bad AI of my own troops rather than the enemy, a complaint I had with Stainless Steel.
    Just a matter of fiddling with the EDU.

As an aside, there was a brief moment where I thought I had installed it wrong because DG's 1066 saxon models turned up. Seems they're being put to good use as rebel units.

Silvan elves spearmen chasing some uruks

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

@ maxi90: thx and yep, my bad, I forgot to write this very important thing: Legolas AND Celeborn killed . My orcs were waiting in the forest and I caught those filthy elves in a narrow pass (that was mostly luck) where they couldn't fire all at the same time. And also battle was in Lothlorien, great campaign turn 12. Hope you'll also get some pointy ears around your neck soon .
    hahaha nice. yeah i hope so too. rigth now it says it will take 3 more hours
    @Warmonger_25: not orcs, snagas (around 1400 casualties) they do not count .
    wait so 1400 of your troops were snaga!? dude it shouldn´t say "Close Victory", it should say "OWNED, B**ch!"

Quote Originally Posted by redxavier View Post
    Minas Tirith is pretty big, with three sets of walls. Unfortunately, due to the awful pathfinding it's a waste. The AI needs all the help it can get navigating through these settlements and this one doesn't help...

It's great overall, with a lovely map, fantastic units and lots of lovely little details, but I think it falls a bit on the battle side of things. I find myself battling the bad AI of my own troops rather than the enemy, a complaint I had with Stainless Steel.
    Just a matter of fiddling with the EDU.

As an aside, there was a brief moment where I thought I had installed it wrong because DG's 1066 saxon models turned up. Seems they're being put to good use as rebel units.
    Can't complain at all about the AI, at least not the EVIL side. Minas Tirith fell somewhere between turn 20 and 30 to Mordor. Which is kind of fast though. At least for the beginning stages you would guess that a cidadel like that would hold out longer. The Orcs of Misty mountains are pressing me hard on Rivendell, which I think I will loose soon, if they continue to send those massive hordes I'll have to concentrate on my shore settlements. Playing on VH/VH.

Scorepio's Avatar Libertus

Guys , this mod is among the best i ever played. (if not the best )
    There are even intromovies in it.
    This could easely been sold in a gamestore. ( i realy hope you guys can make some money out of it )
    Thanks for this great mod.

Ps: Is it possible to make a dvdcover for it ? ( i'll burn this mod on a dvd to keep it )
    Last edited by Scorepio; April 26, 2009 at 06:33 PM.

Sir Robin's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Leesin View Post
    Does having the game on Very Hard battle difficulty only give the enemies units a boost in stats for their units or do they actually fight smarter ? I havent known what to play it on so I left it on Medium, because I assumed the game was balanced for Medium battle difficulty and the higher difficulty just made the enemies even stronger ?. If the game is balanced to be played on Very Hard difficulty I would like to start a new game, if it would be too easy to win.
    Not sure but the opening scroll lays out the house rules and saying it should be played at VH/VH. At VH the hostiles don't seem overpowered in battles.

MoToM's Avatar Semisalis

From the battles I've played, the Evil factions would be seriously overpowered in M/M, at least when player controlled.
    VH/VH is the only way, its the LAW. (KK said so, so it is so)

archers are godly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlyk View Post
    Just started my first game as Isengard. and this is my first impression:
    screenshot or it didn't happen

so far I am loving the silvan elves. The bows are just so much fun.I loved playing ranged, England was always my favorite in vanilla. Now its bows on steroids

Unless I face any trolls, then it kinda feels like I'm back playing the first few turns of a scipii campaign against carthage

Just curious, I know a professional voice actress who does some male voices that might work for the elves to replace the englishness. If there is any interest in that who would I talk to about that?

"By saint george! The sun never sets on the elvish empire!"

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by aurther View Post

archers are godly.
    That is ridiculous

Yea.. how many arrows did you guys give them? You do realize that realistically about every tenth shot they'd need to grab a new quiver.. seeing as that's not possible with the engine I think you guys should lower the number they have...