Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Splendour Submods

Default Imperial Splendour Submods

Just an attempt to help people find possible submods better. You can find download and installation instructions by clicking the Titles.

Imperial Splendour compatible Gamepaly Mods:

Ahiga's Eastern Irregularization Submod:

The aim of this mini mod is to better depict the irregular fashion which most Easterners who had not been trained or inspired by European Military Tactics would have fought armed with musketry. This being as irregular units resembling Light Infantry in behavior: every man aims, reloads, and targets independently. However most of these irregular infantry will not have the accuracy, range or reloading of light infantry – they will have numbers closer to line infantrymen’s. And in any straight 1 on 1 duel an irregular should always flee before Line infantry – only in terrain that benefits them (Urban, Mountainous, lots of fences/walls) should it favor the irregular. The difference should become more stark as Line Infantry adopt firing techniques, which will let them bring to bear the same sort of numerical musketry that their enemies do.

Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Submod:

My mod adds 46 new custom units and 15 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 52 units from "vanilla standard ETW" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

Dogmeat's Compatibility Version of Sage2's The Rights of Man:

* Spanky's Realistic (and extremely well researched) Flags.
    * Sinhuet's battle formations 1.2 for the Battle AI to use -- more challenging land battles!
    * Navern's firing more visible firing arc.
    * MechDonald's Smoke and Blood Light 1.8.
    * Obushnikov's musket and cannon sounds. They're hands-down the best I've heard - listen for the snap of the hammer!
    * Warhanomars' Pip-mod and Marble re-skin for the UI.
    * TheStinger's slightly modified early-game campaign script.
    * Adjusted traits and ancillaries for greater player challenges, and more characters with both positive and negative traits.
    * Reduced speed of research through adjustment to buildings, characters and government types.
    * Significantly reworked aspects of the happiness, research, income, building benefits, campaign income, and more. Balancing progress, happiness and industrialization will be much more challenging, and the better balanced buildings will help the CAI. You will have to make very hard choices.
    * Dozens of other small changes to improve gameplay.

The Vicar's Ultimate Artillery Submod:

What I have tried to do is to give unique and historical artillery to each of the major factions, while keeping costs &c. in line with Quixote's mod.

Disaray's Indian and Naval Combat minimod

Changes to Indian combat and Naval stats, for fairer New World Combat, and more realistic Ship stats.

Sinhuet's formations Mod

I have changed some things in groupformations.bin file and repacked them as a standalone mod. I have tested them thoroughly with Imperial Splendour mod version 1.067. The released version is the "minimalistic" version with only several, but in my opinion, optimal tweaks, which add to the playability. Less is sometimes more, and it is very true for these bin "packed" formations till the time we will have the modding tools from CA...

Georgia Peanut's Royal Family Mod:

This mod will enable the Royal Family Panel for monarchies.

Miscellanous Improvements:

Regalia of Nations (Including Blood Sound and Smoke Mod)
    (A Graphical Enhancement Mod)

The ETW Retexture Compilation

(Lots of Reskins found here)

Erasmus777's Equipment Tweak Mod
    (Graphical Details on Units)

x turns per year Editor

If you think other mods should be added here, feel free to post it,

Last edited by Lazy Knight; July 13, 2009 at 12:10 AM.

Default Re: Imperial Splendour Submods

Thanks for this. I have most already but it is a pain searching for new mods to add. Most of the reskin mods work fine with IS ,unless they obviously state they change stats.With the turns per year you can also add the research and construction turn changes. I removed the artillery mod as it was causing large stacks of sometimes just artillery .I might have installed it wrong or it conflicted with something else.

If I deleted the lines of text in the user scripts folder for Empire: Total War, but put them back in after I uninstalled a mod, would it mess up the mod/game?

What I mean is I downloaded Ahiga's irregulars mod and then used mod manager to load the mods, so I deleted the lines of text in the user scripts file in the Empire folder. I decided to uninstall the irregulars mod, so I deleted it and added back the line of text needed to load the Imperial Splendour mod (mod mod_is.pack). By doing this, did I glitch up any files such as AI files? I've been concerned with this issue for a while now.
    Last edited by RuleBritannia; April 29, 2009 at 07:51 PM.

Just use the Mod Manager, but as you describe it everything seems fine.
    You only get in trouble when you add a mod line to your txt file without the Mod in the data folder. You will get a CTD at startup then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy_knight View Post
    Just use the Mod Manager, but as you describe it everything seems fine.
    You only get in trouble when you add a mod line to your txt file without the Mod in the data folder. You will get a CTD at startup then.
    To be perfectly honest, I've never had much success with the modmanager. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't.

So you could do what I do, and just modify the C:\Documents and Settings\This Infernal PC\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt file yourself.

Just add the name of your mod in there, so that it looks like this:

mod "mod_is.pack";

Icon12 Re: Imperial Splendour Submods

Quote Originally Posted by the_vicar View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I've never had much success with the modmanager. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't.

So you could do what I do, and just modify the C:\Documents and Settings\This Infernal PC\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt file yourself.

Just add the name of your mod in there, so that it looks like this:

mod "mod_is.pack";
    I agree. I never use the Mod manager. I want full control of what mods/files being loaded so I update the user script manually.

Iutland

Id like to suggest you put the Regalia of Nations mod link up here since its now compatible with IS
    "After that business with hydrophobic invasion forces in Empire: Total War, it's impossible to sit down to review a new Creative Assembly creation without anxiety. Will I miss some grievous bug and end up looking like an arse? Should I sprinkle my paragraphs with verbal get-out clauses like 'appears to', 'from what I saw' and 'on the whole'? Am I destined to be remembered as the critic that failed to notice that all the horses in Shogun 2 only have three legs? It can reach the point where you wonder if you'd be better off phoning-in sick and letting the poisoned chalice pass to another poor blighter."

Lazy knight

The Regalia of Nations mod is now IS compatible and should be added to the list. Perhaps the More Revolutions minimod by Trasibulos should also be added to the list. It works fine with IS.

Best regards

Iutland

One thing, you've incorrectly attributed Regalia of Nations to Lutland, but it is by Me and Trasibulos. Also, Mech_Donald has joined his Smoke, Blood and Sound Mod with Regalia of Nations today.

sorry - fixed

Does the Irregularization Mod work with IS version 1.69?

Brittania i think the maker says at moment it aint updated for new patch yet. (bottom of his Mod thread)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253857

To all, any idea if we can still use old pre patch mods like smoke and blood without negating any of the benefits of the patch>?

Ive made a merged IS and tracer red + smoke and Blood mod that i will test. (i used the new patch pack as basis)

Il post if it works fine an maybe PM a version to Lazy/Quixote incase they wish to Post it.

EDIT: Il try the irreg mod after a few turns, and see if it seems to not effect patch.

LATER: Yep irreg mod seems to work fine just found another nice little sub mod that could get stickied.

Sinuhet's ETW formations version 1.2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253398
    im trying it now an will report, but from reading it seems to have spiffed up the BAI a bit post patch.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; May 02, 2009 at 12:53 AM.

Hello lazy_knight!

Thank you for including my link in your first post!

Hello to all IMPERIAL SPLENDOR fans out there,

yesterday I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7" and it is fully compatible with “Imperial Splendor 1.071
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are four new custom units included:
    Don Cossacks Cavalry Elite
    Tsar Guards Elite
    West European Infantry Mercenaries
    East European Infantry Mercenaries

and two artillery units which where only available to France:
    18lbs Horse Guard Artillery > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)

24lbs Guard Artillery > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late)
    My mod adds 17 new custom units to ETW. There are other 14 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too. These units are like "mercenaries" who can be recruited like normal units.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 1.7"

Thnx SwissHalbedier, up to now i was using your old one I had just changed the accuracy values for 1.071, DLn your new version now

@Britannia the Irregular mod works but the accuracy values are wrong now, I just adjusted em with PFM, look at IS new Acc values and you can see a reasonable spread of new values to give em (55% - 35%)
    Last edited by Dogmeat; May 03, 2009 at 04:07 AM.

Hello to all Imperial Splendor and AUM fans out there,

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.8" and it is fully compatible with Quixote's awesome “Imperial Splendor 1.073 - 1.076".

The stats of IS have changed since 1.073 and I will update my stats relating to IS in my new AUM 1.9 soon.

changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fully compatible with the new official 1.2 patch (30.4.) >>> thanks to "Alpaca" for the modification of the Pack File Manager

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major Mod (DarthMod 1.9 / A Proper Empire 1.22 / Imperial Splendor 1.073 / standalone = vanilla balanced stats)
    - updated all three language files to "patch_aum_en_loc_1_8.pack" (English), "patch_aum_ge_loc_1_8.pack"(German) and "patch_aum_en_loc_1_8_proper.pack" (English "A Proper Empire"pack)

- new introduced "patch_aum_graphics_1_0.pack" which includes seven new re-textures. Just put this file in your ETW data directory and it loads automatically
    > HELL FELL made a new texture for my custom "Tsars Guards Elite" of Russia
    > REMO made six new "Line Infantry" textures for Britain, France, Russia, Spain, United Provinces and the United States. The musician and the drummer of Russia are new too. Huge rep to this fine men!

- removed "platoon_fire_grouped" because the latest patch didn't improve this firing drill / "improved_platoon_fire_grouped" is still available
    - increased the limit of all "mercenary" troops to 12
    - the "Pioneers" use now axes as melee weapons instead of bayonets
    - added the ability "grappling hooks" for climbing up walls to all custom infantry units except the "Swiss Mountain Jaegers" and "Swiss Pikemen" because they are light infantry troops and pikemen.
    - changed the model of the "West European Infantry Mercenaries"

- added one new custom unit "Prussian Giants Elite Grenadiers"- They are the elite grenadiers of Prussia and use swords as melee weapons.
    custom battle = late / only available for Prussia in their home-regions / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of Prussia / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

- added two new custom units to India:
    > "Royal Indian Cavalry Guards Elite" - They are elite lancers of Maratha/Mughal and armored with chain mail.
    custom battle = late / only available for Maratha/Mughal in India / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of India / non re-inforcable in republic / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation"

> "Indian Mercenaries Infantry"
    custom battle = early+late / only available for Maratha/Mughal in India / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the ultimate army building of India / no technology required

- added the following already included eight units to several factions:
    > Norwegian Ski Troops > available for all major European factions in Norway. (custom battle = not available)
    > Euro Dragoons > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = both)
    > Euro Heavy Cavalry > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late / recruitable at the three latest barracks)
    > Euro Colonial Light Cavalry > available for all major European factions in their colonies. (custom battle = not available)
    > East Colonial Sipaphi Cavalry > available for all major European factions in India. (custom battle = not available / recruitable at the three latest barracks)
    > East Pikemen Zamindari > available for Maratha/Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)
    > East Missile Cavalry Zamindari > available for Maratha/Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)
    > African Liberated Slaver Musketeers > available for all major factions in the "West Indies" colonies. (Bahamas, Hispaniola, Trinidad/Tobago, 2 x Islands of the wind) / (custom battle = not available)

My mod adds 20 new custom units to ETW. There are other 22 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too. These units are like "mercenaries" who can be recruited like normal units.

As always I updated the first post with all new information, FAQ list, updated credits, screenshots of the custom battle screen and the campaign battle maps which are showing the recruitment queue of AUM.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 1.8"

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

a good mod I have been using as I like the small factions is the Minor Faction Enhancement mod. It even has an Imperial Splendour version. Great for starting off as a minor faction.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=256476

Which version of IS does that mod work with?

any 1.07x version. He just made the IS compatible mod yesterday when 1.074 was the primary version.

The current version is 1.075. Mods can cause conflicts with other mods, especially if they were made for mods like IS when that mod was at an earlier version.

he just made the mod yesterday. Nothing has been changed in 1.075 that would effect it. The only thing that the mod alters for IS is the unit cost. Other then that it is all standard stuff that can be used with any mod. I used the older version with IS for a few days with no problems.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast