Thread: We've gotten 3 EU games, 3 HOI...

Default We've gotten 3 EU games, 3 HOI...

Well 3 HOI when third one comes out this year but isnt about time Paradox went in two eras it hasnt touched on, ancient greece, persia etc or 1970s and beyond game. Giveme Persian empire to command so I can change the course of history at Marathon! A modern era to futuristic age game would be fun too but less hope for that since combat would be difficult since talking about ability to wipe out entire populations.

Default Re: We've gotten 3 EU games, 3 HOI...

My simple answer is "no."

I think attempting other eras at the likely expense of quality would not be wise. They've learned a lot from their current games, and can improve on them, but starting an entirely new era once the current one is done wastes a lot of effort.

Personally I think the best plan for them is EU4, HOI4, EU5, HOI5.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Will they do Vic 2 and Crusader Kings 2?

Well if all they are going to do is refine things (though EU Rome showed this wasnt the case) then time for Crusader King 2...THAT I could live with. I dont see why they couldnt do Greece/Persia game though, it would fit in nicely leading up to EU Rome.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I don't know if a victoria 2 will ever come
    I think I read somewhere that even Johan could never really figure it out, lol.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    I don't know if a victoria 2 will ever come
    I think I read somewhere that even Johan could never really figure it out, lol.
    Uuuh...

Normally I'd say something like this was ridiculous.

On the other hand he had the best verbal tutorial in the world available to him...

If that's true than I feel better about having to scale the learning curve in several-hour periods scattered over 3 months

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Rather than EU4, they could make a game that combines CK and EU3, going from the early middle ages to the 1800s, but with the events and modifiers of MMP mod.

That way the player could have more options for diplomacy - a more in-depth and diplomatic EU. However, due to the modifiers and such, you wouldn't see huge empires only growing ever bigger as you do in EU3 - they would collapse or deteriorate, holding huge armies gives big penalties, you can't have hordes of cavalry as France, taking half of Europe results in big problems like revolts and civil war...

Preventing the world from being divided into a dozen massive blobs by 1700.

Essentially what MMP is trying to do, but doing it better, going back farther in time, and not being quite as difficult.