Thread: All Minor Factions and Change initial gold's factions

Default All Minor Factions and Change initial gold's factions

Hi! I was interested in change the amount of initial money of some factions because I think there are some countries that deserve more gold such as France, GB, Spain, Mughals, etc... so I used ESF editor to make the changes.

So I added money to the next factions in campaign mode:

- 12500 Great Britan, 14000 France and 11000 Spain (the 3 biggest colonial empires)
    - 9000 a United Provinces, 10000 Austria, 8500 Prusia and 12000 Ottomans (they are quite powerful factions but not the 3 biggest)
    - 30000 Mughal Empire (because they were a HUGE faction who controled the bigger amount of territories on that date)

In the next Startpos.esf file in the folder, I made the changes I commented above.
    You can download it with this link

But if someone wants to make other changes, you can do so by following the instructions

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS

If you are interested in changing the initial gold country, you can do as follows:

1) Run the ESFEditor.exe

2) Click "File" then Open ESF and later, load your startpos.esf

3) You have to go this route:
    main / startpos.esf -> CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS -> CAMPAIGN_EVN -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL -> WORLD -> FACTION_ARRAY

4) Here comes a lot of "Faction Array", one for each country. Represents the set of data for each country. If you open the first Array, you will able to change the United Kingdom. You must explore each one until you find the country which want to change.

5) Expand the path:
    FACTION_ARRAY -> FACTION -> FACTION_ECONOMIES.

6) Clicking FACTION_ECONOMIES, you can see a number (usually 7500). Double-click on it and you can delete that number and put the money you want.
    When you finish, just click on FILE (at the top of the program) and then SAVE

7) Enjoy your new changes

IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT, JUST POST IT AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU, OK?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. For those who do not know where is the file Startpos.esf, you have to go to the following path:
    C :/.../ Empire Total War / Data / Campaigns / Main / and there, is located the startpos.esf

P.S (2): SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!!! I just want to help you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I forget it!! haha with this startpos.esf YOU CAN PLAY WITH ALL MINOR FACTIONS TOO

Default Re: All Minor Factions and Change initial gold's factions

I forget to say another thing. If you want to do your own changes, you can get ESF Editor downloading the .rar of my link, because I put the ESFEditor.exe on it. OK?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Nice work, and a very informative thread! +rep!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Nice work, and a very informative thread! +rep!
    Thanks!

As I said before, I just want to help.
    If there is someone with questions or doubts, just ask me ok?

great work ive been waiting for someone to post a guide to this and ive now just edited all factions to be more historically accurate and it should make everything a lot more competitive now
    i was also wondering where i can change the unit sizes multiplier thing not just the normal/large/ultra options but the actually base unit sizes e.g. from 160 - 500 etc

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    i was also wondering where i can change the unit sizes multiplier thing not just the normal/large/ultra options but the actually base unit sizes e.g. from 160 - 500 etc
    It is located in the unit_stats_land table inside the patch.pack.

Make sure you use something that can be divided by 4!

The size you set is the maximum, and the game removes 25% for every unit size level you lower it (in the game's graphic options.)
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; April 26, 2009 at 04:25 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]