Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3.4: A new XAI version starting in PDER!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: Video preview: A new XAI starting in PDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    That's a very interesting mechanic I'm looking forward too. A question, though - won't it handicap typical 'steppe' factions too much? Trying to siege a settlement in traditional way for the faction with weak infantry but good horse archers and lancers might be just as bad as they suffering a penalty for waiting the enemy to come out of town =)

I have faith in you guys, looking forward for next preview MadMardigan!
    Your delving into the mod creators area. Remember the EDU and stuff, we only put in a few enhancements. We however try and stay true to the creators wishes. There are ALWAYS going to be issues, and it takes great effort to balance a mod. XAI or any AI is no golden cure for a mod. There are just too many variables that affect both the BAI and CAI.

Obviously the best way is to have 2 good products to start with, then balance them together.

Basically Achilla, that would fall under "beyond our NORMAL scope" of mod balancing.

I do however play around with some things PDER. Mikkl has some very good enhancements to KGCM. Naimad of course tweaks Darth Ages publicly.

The ONE thing we have learned, Balancing ALWAYS needs done..with each mod, usually it is minor. I definitely does, improve the performance.

Oh and let me stress this again..BUG FREE (the mod getting converted)!! as possible..because they do affect the BAI and CAI
    Last edited by xeryx; May 18, 2009 at 07:47 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Your delving into the mod creators area. Remember the EDU and stuff, we only put in a few enhancements. We however try and stay true to the creators wishes. There are ALWAYS going to be issues, and it takes great effort to balance a mod. XAI or any AI is no golden cure for a mod. There are just too many variables that affect both the BAI and CAI.

Obviously the best way is to have 2 good products to start with, then balance them together.

Basically Achilla, that would fall under "beyond our NORMAL scope" of mod balancing.

I do however play around with some things PDER. Mikkl has some very good enhancements to KGCM. Naimad of course tweaks Darth Ages publicly.

The ONE thing we have learned, Balancing ALWAYS needs done..with each mod, usually it is minor. I definitely does, improve the performance.

Oh and let me stress this again..BUG FREE (the mod getting converted)!! as possible..because they do affect the BAI and CAI
    Once you guys put 3.4 up, I'm looking forward to my new PDER campaign (damn, long time it was since last one). Expect feedback when that happens of course.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

I wanted to give you guys an update:

Things are going very well, with this. I have decided to do some more balancing of the game. One of my team mates is also out for a couple of days. I am unsure when he will be back at full capacity. We have been adding in many new and fun things!! I am going to extending the release on this, because I think in the end it will be worth it. Sorry.. but it is nice outside go enjoy the fresh air!!

You will have more features and surprises, and a better balanced game. it is playing pretty nicely though!! I may finally get to enjoy a full campaign of a game!!

I have gone through and balanced the cost of maintenance on most units. it was weird..hopefully the AI knows what it needs to build and not based it off of cost.

I have to do a long term test now, and look for any money issues. I have a feeling that I will find some problems there. That is the last thing I am touching.

Dearmad and Pnutmaster have added in somethings that are very special and unique to BBB4.0 and customized it to PDER. I cant believe how much it changes the game! Too fun!!

I have decided to rework the Vassals and Protectorate rules. So we will see soon, testing today and tomorrow.

EDIT: I had a CTD to track down..dang those family tree values. It took me all day to find. However the great news, is that I have really seen some amazing things going on. What you guys need to do to prepare for XAI3.4 is do a fresh clean install of PDER. It will make a ton of difference, I would recommend this step for anytime you update a mod with this Kingdoms. Sorry, I could be faster guys, but I want a high quality product that you guys can really appreciate!

The Good news is that the XAI portion of the mod is pretty much done, unless I see some adjustment I need to make. Other than that, is it mostly play testing and balancing a few things in PDER.

Testing has gone very well!! Now, all I need is my MadMardigan!!

OK Testing is just sweet! I am having fun!! I have put just a few finishing touches on. I have to update a couple of things, but this version is 99% final.

I am unable to find Mad Mardigan, so I will work on the installer..I know..I know it can't be that bad...we'll see.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: 3.4: A new XAI version starting in PDER!

Click on my SIGNATURE to DOWNLOAD. PDER BETA (since we have new Vassalage system)

Lite is XAI only, the Final Full is the Stone forts, Xai, and BBB4.0 for PDER. I have run as many campaigns as I can. So, now I need your help for an open beta.

XAI 3.4 For PDER.

Use this installer, after you have verified a GOOD installation of PDER 1.0a
    Don't forget to check you sound, if you have issues with that please fix first.

Point this installer at your med2/mods/pder1.0 directory. (YOU DIRECTORY IS PROBABLY DIFFERENT!)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Downloads!
    To keep the size of the installer down, and to help those with slower internet connections, I have Omited Real Horses Project, by Argent Usher. They can be Downloaded here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2040 ) I also highly recommend Agart's City Models located here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1993 )

Have fun, I will check back periodically. for any troubles. Hopefully, my team will be around to help!!
    Last edited by xeryx; May 29, 2009 at 05:32 PM.

Hi xeryx,

great news! I don't have much time on my hands the next few days but hopefully I can squeeze in a test game. So in case I get to it: I want to test XAI only so I have to unzip the "lite" zip and overwrite the existing files with it? Or what is in the installer?

Anyways - I'm looking forward to this. And of course I'll give you guys some beta feedback ;-)

Cheers

My recommendation is to just use the full one, and start on medium level. Follow the directions,above.
    Last edited by xeryx; May 29, 2009 at 01:38 AM.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I'll give it a try when I get home, looking forward to it
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12