Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: A Guide To settlement_mechanics.xml

Default Re: A Guide To settlement_mechanics.xml

My takeaway from your testing is: what provide for "population growth from trade" are:
    - sea trade even if no grain is involved (not in your testing, but my guess is: the better the buildings, the more growth).
    - grain resource for the exporting settlement (but not the importing one) if there's any trade (again, from the Alavaria's observation on roads: the better the trade buildings, especially roads, the more growth).

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

That's pretty much my take as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    My takeaway from your testing is: what provide for "population growth from trade" are:
    - sea trade even if no grain is involved (not in your testing, but my guess is: the better the buildings, the more growth).
    - grain resource for the exporting settlement (but not the importing one) if there's any trade (again, from the Alavaria's observation on roads: the better the trade buildings, especially roads, the more growth).
    I'm back with the topic since I've seen in game something contradictory. As one may see on the pics (each is actually with addition from another screen) it's possible that:
    - a city with only import of grain has a trade-related population growth
    - a city with neither grain nor grain import nor any sea trade - also has this type of growth
    So it's more complicated...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Have a look at the fertility levels in descr_regions - maybe high levels also provide a trade bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Have a look at the fertility levels in descr_regions - maybe high levels also provide a trade bonus.
    Definitely not - Krolewiec at the pic has a fertility level of 1.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4