Thread: Pikemen

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Pikemen

Guys CA repared the Pikemen i've just tested them in a battle Highland Pikemen vs English Knights the result was 58 Pikemen standing and 3 routed knights.I didn't move the pikemen at all.Vanilla Britannia patch 1.5.

So no more overpowerd Pikemen please.

egor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Pikemen

yeah we don't want owerpowered pikeman, but we want owerpowered uruk hai pikemans.... and really it is nearby impossible to won pikemans with knight's thing yourself as one of the knight in charging towards wall of pikes.......

Those, who don't eat, are eaten - Egor
    I do not steal victory - Μέγας Ἀλέξανδρος

if the ai is so stupid to attack then at the front the result is logic.
    Coming from the side it would be better for the Cav
    Gtx

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well as you guys know the problem is that when a unit got into melee range they used their secondary weapons too soon this doesn't happen anymore,yes it is possible to make them use the secondary weapon but it's very hard doing that with a cavalry unit and easier with a infantry unit.

I hope someone from the team sees this and tests it and will make pikemen act like in vanilla 1.5.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

I really have no idea WHAT the purpose of your statement was ShockBlast....If Pikemen don't use their secondary weapon, they are far more effective than if they have a secondary weapon which the instantly switch too and wreck the formation. But anyway, i THINK that King Kong, the mastermind behind Stainless Steel KNOWS how to manage and balance units...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The problem is that ideally, whenever challenged by a melee unit the individual pikeman should switch to his sword and engage, while all the pikemen not currently engaged should do their best to maintain the formation and continue to use their pikes. Unfortunately most of the time pikemen with a secondary weapon more often than not have an "all or nothing" mentality and all of them immediately switch to their sword the second one of them gets into a melee. Of course without a secondary weapon pikeman are more effective against infantry than they should be because the infantry can't close the distance and get nibbled to death by about 6 pikes (even in full plate). That is a problem with the engine, afaik.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

You can change the ratio though to like 90% pikes and 10% sword. That why they will PREFER to use their pikes and only ocassionaly use their swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Save these kind of threads for when the mod is released, please...

Closed.

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight