Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How Lord Of The Rings Should Have Ended.

Default Re: How Lord Of The Rings Should Have Ended.

i have seen this movie already 10 times but it stays funny

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by cormagus77 View Post
    You're right! Thats not what Glorfindel said, but what the witchking said himself ("no living man may hinder me"), when Eowyn tries to kill him.
    Oh right, good point. So the Witch-King didn't hear the exact words of the prophecy then. Hardly surprising. And for centuries he thought that no "living" man could kill him. Oh dear, what a dangerous assumption.

EDIT:

@stiefurkel
    Welcome to the forums. And right before release too you lucky thing!
    Last edited by Withwnar; April 26, 2009 at 04:58 AM.

cormagus77's Avatar Semisalis

While I'm waiting for the Download to finish:

Again something on the topic of the "Dead of Dimholt" being able to fight or not.
    I found this talk between Gimli and Aragorn in Lord of the Rings, before they set out from Dunharg onto the paths of the dead:

'I hope that the forgotten people (i.e. the Dead of Dimholt) will not have forgotten how to fight,' said Gimli; ' for otherwise I see not why we should trouble them.'
    'That we shall know when we come to Erech,' said Aragorn. ' But the oath that they broke was to fight against Sauron, amd they must fight therefore, if they are to fulfill it.'

So they probably really did fight and not only frighten the corsairs in Pelargir...

It was pippins dagger that weakened him enough that Eowyn could kill him as his dagger was taken from the barrows and was forged in order to fight those sorts of beings.
    Want your Nazgul to live forever? Click Here!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567