Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Historical Battles - Relaunches

Default Re: Historical Battles - Relaunches

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Well, well, thank you. When these original historical battles are final (with all fixes/additions), then we will, as said, add them to the next official ChivTW release (all due credits belong then the makers of that stuff, written down in the credits lists).

Mataputas, if you will create still other new historical battles, then those will run as pure submod material within this subforum for all future. I suggest, that you make a new thread for that purpose, so we have the things properly divided.
    i extracted the files but it isn't working.....

EDIT: OK i fixed it!!! but is it possible to get the romans playable in Manzikert?????
    Last edited by KaRoU23; February 19, 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaRoU23 View Post
    i extracted the files but it isn't working.....

EDIT: OK i fixed it!!! but is it possible to get the romans playable in Manzikert?????
    Thank god it works... when I first saw the message I wasn't happy at all...

Regarding making other factions playable... the problem is the balance of forces. For example, in battle of Acre, I enabled the English, but the battle turns a bit easy (and boring). So the only alternative would be to make a script that gives more attack/armour/xp to the AI army, or to create additional armies (with extra generals), always by script.

I'll try to make those changes for next release (1 or 2 weeks) instead of intro sequences...
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

You know as i Greek, i would like to change history......

Quote Originally Posted by KaRoU23 View Post
    You know as i Greek, i would like to change history......
    Well, you could play as the Seljuk Sultanate and lose the battle... in that way, you would be changing history

Don't worry, I'll make all the factions playable in some days...

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I just went through the whole thread, and came to the conclusion, that it makes more sense to keep the HB's as separate add-on's, just submods so to speak, so they can be developed complete independent from the offical ChivTW version.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

That's ok for me... I just put them off cause I have already reached the limit of my "modding time" working on other stuff... I'll restart to work on them when I have more free time. Anyway, the battles are fully playable. They need just a bit more tweaking and perhaps some more details such as intro sequences or some speeches.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

It is just that we, the last two (active) ChivTW team members (DV and Atheno), have less to no time/energy to work seriously on more official ChivTW updates, and implementations would make that still harder ... so that submod property makes our "modding life" a bit easier.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 17, 2010 at 08:49 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12