Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie Quotes

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Favorite Movie Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Jacket60 View Post
    Edward Longshanks: "the problem with scotland... is its full of scots!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1
    I will look for you, I will find you, I will kill you.

ROFLMAO

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

When I go home people'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.

Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that just goes right out the window.

Look, these people, they have no jobs, no food, no education, no future. I just figure that we have two things we can do. Help, or we can sit back and watch a country destroy itself on CNN. Right?

Above From Black Hawk Down

Sergeant Savage: Good morning, Sergeant Major!
    Sergeant Major Plumley: How do you know what kind of god-damn day it is?

Moore: When Crazy Horse was a baby, he nursed at the breast of every woman in the tribe. The Sioux raised their children that way. Every warrior called every woman in the tribe "Mother". Every older warrior, they called him "Grandfather". Now, the point here is that they fought as a family. Take care of your men. Teach them to take care of each other. 'Cause when this starts... each other is all we're gonna have. (Moore goes aside with new radio operator)
    Plumley: Any of you sons-of-es calls me "Grandpa"... I'll kill ya.

Sgt.Maj. Plumley: Sent us another bunch of officers. Real green. Gotta train 'em up.
    Lt.Col. Moore: Uh-huh. Makes me think I'm starting a new unit.
    Plumley: They sent new rifles, too. The M-16.
    Moore: That's supposed to be a pretty good weapon.
    Plumley: Aaah — lot of plastic. Feels like a BB-gun to me. Believe I'll stick with my pistol.
    Moore: You think we're gonna get close enough to the enemy to use that?
    Plumley: What do you think, sir?

Moore: Now, that young man's a leader! (indicating Lt. Geoghegan)
    Plumley: Yes, sir. But that other feller — that big strong one there? (points at Lt. Herrick) He wants to win medals.

[In Vietnam, Moore gets his first combat assignment.]
    Col. Moore: What do you estimate the enemy strength?
    Executive Officer: We appraise their numbers as manageable, Colonel.
    Moore: You have no idea.
    Commanding Officer: We have no idea. Simple orders, Hal. Find the enemy, and kill them.
    Moore: They attack us, no casualties, they run and hide in the mountains. Naturally we chase them, of course. Smell like an ambush to you?
    Sgt.Maj. Plumley: They get close enough to kill us, we'll be close enough to kill them.
    Moore: Round trip by chopper's thirty minutes. That means the first sixty men on the ground wil be there a half hour alone. Son of a . Think maybe you oghtta get yourself that M-16.
    Plumley: Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lying on the ground.

[Face-down on the ground under a storm of enemy fire, photographer Joe Galloway gets a combat boot in the stomach.]
    Sgt.Mjr. Plumley: Can't take no pictures lyin' down there, Sonny!
    [Plumley hands Galloway an M-16 and several magazines.]
    Joe Galloway: Uh, sir? I-I'm a noncombatant, sir.
    Plumley: Ain't no such thing today, boy.
    [Vietnamese troops are advancing on the termite mound where casualties have been collected.]
    Plumley: (chambering a round in his .45) Gentlemen — prepare to defend yourselves!

Lt.Col. Moore: I wonder what was going through Custer's mind when he realized he'd led his men into a slaughter.
    Sgt.Maj. Plumley: Sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't.

Pretty much anything SGM Plumley said was gold in We Were Soldiers.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

I've heard about that I think is Plumley a WWII vet in Vietnam? Mel Gibson is in it?

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    I've heard about that I think is Plumley a WWII vet in Vietnam? Mel Gibson is in it?
    Plumley is a veteran of WWII, Korea and then Vietnam. And Gibson is in it.

Here is a scene with some swearing...

“The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

My friend told me about that, apprantly Plumley was awesome

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Kumar: [sniffs] Hey, what's that smell?
    Harold: What smell? Kumar...
    Kumar: [starts sniffing like a crazed bloodhound, and then sees a huge bag of marijuana, his eyes widen]
    Harold: Hey Kumar! Kumar! Where are you...
    [Kumar rushes to the bag of marijuana]
    Harold: Kumar! Still in jail, ! Come here!

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Warning: Not for those faint of a sense of humor
    Full Metal Jacket
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy ing walrus-looking piece of ! Get the off of my obstacle! Get the down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Pyle, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: How tall are you, private?
    Pvt. Cowboy: Sir, five-foot-nine, sir.
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Five-foot-nine, I didnt know they stacked that high.
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Were you born a fat, slimy, scumbag puke piece o' , Private Pyle, or did you have to work on it?
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Oh that's right, Private Pyle, don't make any ing effort to get to the top of the ing obstacle. If God would have wanted you up there he would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't he?
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: . It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress.
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: What is your major malfunction, numbnuts? Didn't Mommy and Daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Private Joker, do you believe in the Virgin Mary?
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, no, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Well, well, Private Joker, I dont believe I heard you correctly!
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, the private said "no, sir," sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Why you little maggot, you make me want to vomit! *slaps* You goddamn communist heathen, you had best sound off that you love the Virgin Mary, or I'm gonna stomp your guts out! Now you DO love the Virgin Mary, don't ya?
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, NEGATIVE, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Private Joker, are you trying to offend me?
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, NEGATIVE, sir! Sir, the private belives any answer he gives will be wrong and the Senior Drill Instructor will only beat him harder if he reverses himself, SIR!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Whos you're squad leader, scumbag?
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, the squad leader is Private Snowball, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Private Snowball!
    Pvt. Snowball: Sir, Private Snowball reporting as ordered, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Private Snowball, you're fired. Private Joker's promoted to squad leader.
    Pvt. Snowball: Sir, aye-aye, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Disappear, scumbag!
    Pvt. Snowball: Sir, aye-aye, sir!
    ---------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Does your parents have any children that lived?
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, yes, sir.
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Well how about they regret that? You are so ugly you can be a modern art master piece! What's your name fat-body?
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, Leonard Lawrence, sir.
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Lawrence? Lawrence, what of Arabia?
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, no, sir.
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: That name sounds like royalty, are you royalty?
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Do you suck dicks?
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: , I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: I don't like the name Lawrence, only faggots and sailors are called Lawrence. From now on you're Gomer Pyle.
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, yes, sir.
    -------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Whats your name, scumbag?
    Pvt. Snowball: Sir, Private Brown, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: ! From now on you're Private Snowball. Do you like that name?
    Pvt. Snowball: Sir, yes, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Well there's one thing that you won't like, Private Snowball: they don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall.
    Pvt. Snowball: Sir, yes, sir!
    --------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Left shoulder, hut!
    *Pyle puts his rifle on the right shoulder, then tries to correct himself*
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Private Pyle, what are you trying to do to my beloved Corps?
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, I dont know, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: You are dumb, Private Pyle, but do you expect me to believe that you don't know left from right?
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Then you did it on purpose! You wanna be different!
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, no, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: *slaps Pyle on the left side of the face* What side was that Pyle?
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, left side, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Are you sure, Pyle!?
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: *slaps him on the right side of his face* What side was that Pyle!?
    Pvt. Pyle: *nearly crying* Sir, right side, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Don't with me again, Pyle! Pick up your in' cover!
    Pvt. Pyle: Sir, yes, sir!
    ----------------
    *Joker is doing pull-ups*
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: One for the Commandant! One for the Corps! Come on Joker, pull! Pull!
    *Joker cant do another*
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: I guess the Corps don't get theirs!
    *Pyle steps up*
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Get up there, fat boy!
    *Pyle cant do a single pull-up*
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Come on, Pyle! Pull! Pull! You mean to tell me you can't do one single pull up Pyle? You are a worthless piece of , Pyle! Get outta my face!
    ------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Who said that? Who the said that? Who's the slimy little communist , twinkle-toed er down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy ing godmother said it. Out-ing-standing! I will PT you all until you ing die! I'll PT you until your s are sucking buttermilk!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: *grabs Cowboy* Was it you, you scroungy little , huh!?
    Pvt. Cowboy: Sir, no, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: You little piece of ! You look like a ing worm! I bet it was you!
    Pvt. Cowboy: Sir, no, sir!
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, I said it, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Well, no . What have we got here, a ing comedian? Private Joker. I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and my sister! *punches Joker in the stomach* You little scumbag! I got your name! I got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers. I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best un yourself or I will unscrew your head and down your neck!
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, yes, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Private Joker, why did you join my beloved Corps?
    Pvt. Joker: Sir, to kill, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: So you're a killer?
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: Then let me see your warface!
    Pvt. Joker: Sir?
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: You got a warface! AAAAAAAAH!! Thats a warface, let me see your warface!
    Pvt. Joker: Ahhh!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: . You didnt convince me, let me see your REAL warface!
    Pvt. Joker: AHHHHHHHHHH!!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: You dont scare me! Work on it!
    --------------------
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: I'm Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor, from now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and the last word out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?
    Recruits: Sir, yes, sir!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair!
    Recruits: SIR, YES, SIR!
    Gunnery Sgt. Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human, ing beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian . Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on , kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Theres a crapload of more note worthy ones, mostly when they all get to Vietnam itself, but I'm tired and cant be arsed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Quote Originally Posted by Visna View Post
    We posted at the same time.
    And Dr Strangelove is fun as well, gotta love black humour. But that doesn't change the fact that Bridget Jones' Diary also is fun.

And I have no need for balls. I got over my penis envy quite a few years ago. Freud says so, and I believe it!
    black jokes??

RAZIIST!!!

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

Berserker there, helpfully providing us with the screenplay from Full Metal Jacket.

"It's so hot! Milk was a bad choice!"

Also proud ragequitter.

Gerald The Herald's Avatar Biarchus
    Republic of Wookieland,somewhere far away in the Galaxy

"Watch out europe, we're going on tour!"

"I'm the kraut who's out to change history"

"There's no greater dictator in the land!"

"Got a phone call from the Reichstag, told me I was Fuhrer"

"Hitched up my pants, and conquered france, now Deutschland's smiling true".

^^ above quotes from The Producers- 2005

No change in the balance of political parties can alter the general determination that no class should be excluded from contributing to and sharing responsibility for the state. - Gustav Stresemann

Quote Originally Posted by DaLeGiOnArY View Post
    black jokes??

RAZIIST!!!
    Black comedy is a sub-genre of comedy and satire in which topics and events that are usually regarded as taboo are treated in a satirical or humorous manner while retaining its seriousness.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy

Get with the times bro.

Charlie Wilson's war.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie Wilson: Were you standing at the goddamn door listening to me? How could you even - That is a thick door! You stood there and you listened to me?
    Gust Avrakotos: I didn't stand at the door. Don't be an idiot. I bugged the Scotch bottle.
    Charlie Wilson: What!
    Gust Avrakotos: It's got a little transmitter on it, I've got a little thing in my ear, get past it
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Joanne Herring: Why is Congress saying one thing and doing nothing?
    Charlie Wilson: Well, tradition mostly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie's Angel #4: The Congressman has never been to rehab. They don't serve whisky at rehab.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Zvi: This meeting it going to be run professional.
    Gust Avrakotos: Oh absolutely. We're going to be talking to the Deputy Defense Minister while his boss gets a belly dance from a friend of Charlie's.
    Zvi: What?
    Charlie Wilson: A friend of mine is a well known belly dances in Texas. It's always been her dream to perform in Egypt, so she's our way in. While she's dancing for the Defense Minister, we'll be talking to the deputy.
    Zvi: Oh my God.
    Gust Avrakotos: No, she's supposed to be pretty good
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie Wilson: You know you've reached rock bottom when you're told you have character flaws by a man who hanged his predecessor in a military coup.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

I will look for you, I will find you, I will kill you.
    lol. I thought it was a great quote. It really showed how much of a bastard Longshanks was and made him a great baddy in the eyes of his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    I work in Scotland and I say this to the locals all the time.

Where abouts you work?

They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

From The Thing

[Norris' head grows legs and tries to walk away]
    Palmer
    You gotta be ing kidding.
    [The Thing screams and roars]

Macready
    Yeah you too..
    From The Warriors

Cyrus

You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 soldiers! Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it?
    Crowd
    Yeah
    Cyrus
    Can you dig it?
    Crowd
    Yeah
    Cyrus
    Can you diiiiggggggg it ?

From Spaceballs

Dark Helmet: Careful you idiot. I said across her nose, not up it!
    Laser Gunner: Sorry sir. Doing my best.
    Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?
    Major : I did sir. He's my cousin.
    Dark Helmet: Who is he?
    Colonel Sandurz: He's an sir.
    Dark Helmet: I know that!....What's his name?
    Colonel Sandurz: That is his name sir, Major
    Dark Helmet: and his cousin?
    Colonel Sandurz: He's an too sir: Gunner's mate, first class, Philip
    Dark Helmet: How many s we got on this ship anyhow?
    The Crew: YO!!!!
    Dark Helmet: I knew it, I'm surrounded by s
    [Dark Helmet pulls his mask down]
    Dark Helmet: Keep firing s!!
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Garrigan's Avatar Domesticus

The entireity of In Bruges

Ken:Ray, you are just about the worst tourist in the entire world.
    Ray: Ken, I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.
    Ken: We shall strike a balance between culture and fun.
    Ray: Somehow I believe, Ken, that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat ing retarded ing black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.

Harry: Not only have you refused to kill the boy, you even stopped the boy from killing himself, which would've solved my problem, which would've solved your problem, which sounds like it would've solved the boy's problem.
    Ray: A lot of midgets tend to kill themselves. A disproportionate amount, actually. Hervé Villechaize off of Fantasy Island. I think somebody from the Time Bandits did. I suppose they must get really sad about like... being really little and that... people looking at them, laughing at them, calling them names. You know, "short arse". There's another famous midget. I miss him but I can't remember. It's not the R2D2 man; no, he's still going. I hope your midget doesn't kill himself. Your dream sequence will be ed.
    Ray: Don't know any Belgium jokes, and if I did I think I'd have the good sense not to... hang on. Is Belgium with all those child abuse murders lately? I do know a Belgium joke. What's Belgium famous for? Chocolates and child abuse, and they only invented the chocolates to get to the kids.
    Overweight Man: Been to the top of the tower?
    Ray: Yeah... yeah, it's rubbish.
    Overweight Man: It is? The guide book says it's a must see.
    Ray: Well you lot ain't going up there.
    Overweight Man: Pardon me? Why?

Ray: I mean, it's all winding stairs. I'm not being funny.
    Overweight Man: What exactly are you trying to say?
    Ray: What exactly am I trying to say? You's a bunch of in' elephants.

Ray: Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really , but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.

Ken: You from the States?
    Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
    Ken: I'll try not to...just try not to say anything too loud or crass.

Ken: Two manky hookers and a racist dwarf. I think I'm heading home.

Brilliant film

And finally, the classic from Trainspotting

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life...
    Last edited by Garrigan; April 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Once known as Kasey| Hoplite for The Greek Wars Mod

reycest.

Also proud ragequitter.

Dark Helmet: Careful you idiot. I said across her nose, not up it!
    Laser Gunner: Sorry sir. Doing my best.
    Dark Helmet: Who made that man a gunner?
    Major : I did sir. He's my cousin.
    Dark Helmet: Who is he?
    Colonel Sandurz: He's an sir.
    Dark Helmet: I know that!....What's his name?
    Colonel Sandurz: That is his name sir, Major
    Dark Helmet: and his cousin?
    Colonel Sandurz: He's an too sir: Gunner's mate, first class, Philip
    Dark Helmet: How many s we got on this ship anyhow?
    The Crew: YO!!!!
    Dark Helmet: I knew it, I'm surrounded by s
    [Dark Helmet pulls his mask down]
    Dark Helmet: Keep firing s!!

+rep That movie has a bunch of good quotes.

[Gabby Johnson sees the sheriff riding into town]
    Gabby Johnson: Hey! The sheriff's a nig...
    [church bell tolls]
    Harriet Johnson: What did he say?
    Dr. Sam Johnson: He said the sheriff's near.
    Gabby Johnson: No, dagnabit! The sheriff is a nig...
    [church bell tolls again]

Black comedy.

^love that movie!
    only problem is i have no idea what the sheriff's name is.
    but it's my favorite movie

Also proud ragequitter.

Taken (movie is epic btw.)
    Last edited by Godfrey I of Leuven; April 24, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast