Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore + Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ###quality taken to next level###

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v*.78 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Hey Germanicu5,

i use the latest RRRC - is it save game compatible with it mate?

thanks.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v*.78 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Yes, only stakes script needs campaign restart if you haven't been using it till now, but you can copy it over to SS directory and it won't damage your current game.

Edit: New version is up, includes the same AI as TATW v1.1.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 13, 2009 at 10:50 AM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v*.81 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Thanks a lot mate

Will the AI use the settings during the existing save game or do i have to restart in order to take effect?
    Last edited by ShadowBane; May 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v*.81 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

New AIs don't require campaign restarts as such, only the stakes script needs restart after it's copied over for the first time. If stakes script was in your files when you started a campaign, it'll be used until you finish the campaign.

Regards

Thanks again,
    but i think i might misexplained myself:

What i meant was, if i copy the files now during a campaign (leave the stakes alone),
    will the AI benefit the AI change? is the change "immediate"?

thanks.

Yes, the change to AI is immediate, you can copy stakes too, it doesn't interfere with any ongoing games.

Regards

RR/RC BGRIV version added, thx to Rozanov for pointing out that omission.

Regards

blbrotto's Avatar Libertus

Hi Germanicu!

Man! I have to congratulate you! I had a crush defeat! YES! XD! I was waiting to this for a long time!
    The AI was incredible using two armies (Lithuania) , against one mine (The Teutonic Order). They worked very well to attack and flank my army, and I had the advantage of the terrain! (I was on the top of a hill).
    Never saw the AI behaving like that, they used very well their cavalry, avoinding my spears, and attacking them with their heavy infanty... Of course, I have to admit I understamite the AI , and when I saw the &*%$# I did.... well, was too late! XD

Keep going your great work!

PS: Only one question, to the AI behave like that, they used a agressive AI set, right? I would like to know, for example, if there is some possible to , when the AI is attacking, the script "give" a defensive AI set... or you did something to avoid that?

Thanks!

This battle AI is very good and definately improves further over the small changes made by Lusted, Great job! I have been running this BAI with my own mod (only privately) and it works very well. No crashes or problems in siege battles so far. I will of course let you know if I do come across any bugs.

The AI stakes script does not seem to work in my mod though. Despite that I copied it into my campaign_script.txt correctly. Maybe I am missing something? would love to see it work in battle.

Best regards,
    Dave

@blbrotto
    I'm glad you like it. At this point the script just randomly copies over a set of AIs every 5 minutes, there's a difference between sets, but it's not so big, that it would seriously damage AI's chances of winning a battle. The next version will possibly improve supporting army's behaviour, as I altered some settings a few days ago, but I've been waiting to post them with other changes.

@Dave Scarface
    Thx a lot, I'm happy to see the AI extending its range beyond SS. I've been working on more than cosmetic changes for a while now (I just needed a fail-safe AI for TATW 1.1, hence the delay in introducing innovations), I'll post new files later on today. Ofc I'm waiting for bug reports.

As for stakes, I've got some ideas, like: they require campaign restart, need to be copy-pasted before "wait monitors", unit has to have stakes ability, AI has to be defending, they're not deployed during sieges, night battles and on roads. I hope you'll find your answer among the possible reasons.

Regards

Hi,

I'm using the April 23rd version of RR/RC compilation which, if I'm not mistaken includes your AI (dont know which version though). So im playing as Norway and i like to use the shield wall ability, especially when defending sieges. So when i place my men around the gate and the enemy comes through them they start doing very bad things - they advance. They push the enemy units outside the gate and (very often) get burned alive by the burning oil feature of the gates. Should they be behaving like that ? I thought shield wall was a defensive formation. Is it your doing ? Can it be altered ?
    I can say that when im using this formation in lets say alleys they are not advancing (or at least i remember they dont).

I think the shieldwall has always behaved like this. I certainly remember them advancing a long time ago, its only a problem if you have it turned on while defending your own gates.
    member of S.I.N.

I havent played this game for a long time so maybe it was like this before. Damn got to use spear wall now. Thanks.

@szelbisz
    As ginger_hammer says, it's connected to putting any unit too close to a gate (nearly inside) and shieldwall in particular.

New AI with important changes is up, it's huge unit size-specific, I'm looking for fearless AI users who'd report:
    - if supporting armies during sieges/battles stopped being passive most of time
    - if AI concentrates missile fire in a reasonable way (I think the v0.84 settings limit the tendency of javelin missile units trying to outflank and shoot your archers while they can't find a proper path)
    - if generals still keep from suicidal engagement in 1st stages of battle
    - if maneuvering by AI units is not negatively affected.
    Ofc I tested these changes a lot, but I'm looking for feedback.

Regards

blbrotto's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v*.84 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Hi Germanicu, I have some feedback to you!

1°: About the supporting armies on a siege defense.
    The principal army of the AI attacked very well, using the siege towers, ladders and the battering ram. The problem is when a supporting army is using artillery, like cattapults or ballista... they only move to your city/castle when they are out of amunnition! and when they attack, mostly of the times the principal army was already defeated. I have a sugestion for this problem (if it's possible...): When the AI is using artillery, they always aim on the gates... Of course, the gate is rarely destroyed (only 30% of damage.. max), but otherwise they destoy the gateway. I would like to know if is possible, to make the AI aim on the walls, trying to creat a hole there, not the gates ... or make the gate more vunerable to cattapults. (I don't know how to mod.. it's only sugestions... XD)

2°: About the siege defense itself:
    The AI is behaving very well, I can't compare with vanilla , but there is a problem about the ladders and siege towers. The fact is, the AI send their ladders and towers but, if you can repel their attack, they rout and the AI don't send more trops to try to attack from the walls, the ladders and towers stay there, useless until the end of the batte. And the more sad is, when the AI finally destroy the gates, they send all their army through that small point... and without organization , their general is almost always killed there...

3°: About the trops who are with the ram, ladders and towers when the AI deploy their trops:
    I already read here a post from a member who ask if was possible to force the AI to don't choice archers or javelins to carry the siege equipment. I think this could solve the problem n° 2, because, if you can't force the AI to send more trops through the ladders and towers, you could force the AI to send their best trops with the siege equipment (of course... if this is possile.)

Otherwise, about the opens battles, your AI is amazing! I'm having a hard time to defeat some pagans The AI is outflanking very well and it is using their general with good movez, like charge on a almost routing trop from the rear... they aren't commiting suicide early on the battle.

Keep going your great work! Every day I come here, on your forum, to read the news about your AI! I think you should relax some time! XD you have an update almost every day! XD

Bye Friend, and again, sorry about my english... I hope you understand every thing I said before!

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v*.84 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Updated AI is up, it contains multiple army siege adjustments.

@blbrotto
    Thx for feedback.
    Ad. 1. It needs to stay this way, the alternative would be making AI ignore its catapults etc and perform an instant normal attack, it would also make an army without ladders etc totally passive until you break gates/walls.
    Ad. 2. Yea, there's no way to tell AI to use ladders if there's an open path via the gate around.
    Ad. 3. This is hardcoded, so it can't be changed.

Ty for kind words, doing my best.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Updated AI is up, it contains multiple army siege adjustments.

@blbrotto
    Thx for feedback.
    Ad. 1. It needs to stay this way, the alternative would be making AI ignore its catapults etc and perform an instant normal attack, it would also make an army without ladders etc totally passive until you break gates/walls.
    Ad. 2. Yea, there's no way to tell AI to use ladders if there's an open path via the gate around.
    Ad. 3. This is hardcoded, so it can't be changed.

Ty for kind words, doing my best.

Regards
    Re2: I have actually had AI reinforcing armies ignore open gates and instead go for ladders (even though the gate was nearer) don't know what could be the cause.

Otherwise really good work. Definitely better across the board.

Only glitch I've encountered up to now is when the AI assaulted a citadel (using IIRC 0.81), the first gate was knocked down but the AI didn't reuse the ram on the second gate, instead just standing around getting shot to pieces.

Funnily enough 20-30min later, with the same Citadel, the AI was much smarter, immediately using the ram on the second gate as soon as the outer ring walls were cleared. It even was intelligent enough to use now defunct catapult crews as the Ram crew. I had AI switcher installed so I guess one of the AI sets was funky. Sadly I didn't check at the time which AI was running (if it can be checked at all??).

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.85 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

@LongPike
    Ad.2 Sometimes that happens, true, but it's not entirely predictable.

The latest AI adresses some issues with sieges, it should help, but probably not in all cases, as AI's behaviour may vary even with the same AI.
    During my latest tests AI was quite eager to grab siege equipment, so it should all be fine though.

I'll post a new version of the switcher in a few hours.
    If you need to see, which AI is copied over (and that happens every 5 mins), put Wscript.Echo intNumber under the last line beginning with "if intNumber", you'll see a pop-up window every time.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.85 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Played with 0.84 and it seems this is the best BAI.

-AI reacts before my troops hit - if I try to charge they start to move pikemen
    -If I want to destroy missle units, they start running before i catch them
    -AI wants my generals dead You really have to keep both eyes on them
    -If i rush the walls they send more units up there, surrounding my units which makes them run
    -Hard enough to stop chain heroic victories, which also reduces general creation / progression
    -Troop reaction seems to be more smooth. They never split in all directions and react faster. AI also makes a good use of charging, crushing my men with 2-3 units all the time

The biggest problem are AI generals who follow my generals behind my lines.
    Like I said, they want my generals dead
    Also some infantery flanking tuning would be nice, most of the time they just attack straight forward.
    Last edited by Black-; May 17, 2009 at 09:37 AM.

@Black-

Thx for feedback.
    AI general's movement is restricted, so any further changes aren't possible, coz it would lead to GU standing and doing nothing.
    Flanking is already maximally encouraged as well (particularly in the latest release, not to suicidal level though), I'm constantly working on tweaks, but some general limitations apply to AI.

Regards