Thread: my grenadier don't have grenade ?

Default my grenadier don't have grenade ?

playing 1.5

I cant use them, there is no icon.

Default Re: my grenadier don't have grenade ?

yes, darth has removed that feature

Darth disabled grenades in 0.7 or 0.8 as they are theoretically useless. As the games description of these units note, they eventually stopped using greandes themselves and became line infantry.

Their Law's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I thought he removed them because they were over powered at the moment. Certainly grenadiers in vanilla ETW were the ultimate charge stopper as the morale damage of the grenades was huge.
    "You have a decent ear for notes
    but you can't yet appreciate harmony."

exactly, he removed them because you had an unlimited amount of them!
    He will bring it back when it is possible to limit the amount!

...at least that is what he said

Sir Robin's Avatar Miles

From what I recall the grenades were removed from grenadiers because they "became" line infantry historically and no one has found a way to adjust their grenade "ammo." Until a way can be found to set how many grenades they actually carry is found, that feature has been disabled.

Pretty much everything that has already been said, it was thought to be unhistorically accurate to have grenadiers with unlimited grenades when they should only have 2-4. The moral penalty was huge making them essentially a game breaking unit. I'd hate to thing how powerful they would be now with the reworking of moral.

Also as said the grenade throwing was eventually phased out and they just became elite line infantry who were big and powerful, so until we can limit there ammo that is what they have prematurly become. If you want the 'nades back then I believe you can edit something in the mod to turn them back on, but thats cheating

For all who want grenades back...

Open the downloaded "pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "unit_stats_land_tables/units_stats_land".

Scroll to the right until you see a column called "Can throw grenades". There you can change "false" to "true". After that save the pack-file.

....always willing to help!!!

closing, pm if you want to add to this