Thread: Limit the number of schools/university

Default Limit the number of schools/university

I donīt know if this was ever asked before...

Is there a way to limit the amount of schools/unis to letīs say 3 for each faction?
    Or maybe just for the human player?

As everyone knows the ai is a "little" behind your developments so I used to give all my enemies
    nearly all my techs so that there is at least a little competition...

But hey thats frustrating.. and definitly not the idea of the research system..

Another thing:
    Is there also a way to give the ai some kind of priority to build schools in new emerged towns instead of damn happy gardens although all the ppl are happy enough?
    I saw russia with around 15 provinces and only 2 schhools..
    I know -one thing would be to lower the price of schools.. but...

I also know power of X research time changer.
    But thats not enough satisfaction.

Any help is welcome.

Default Re: Limit the number of schools/university

more importantly than limiting educational buildings, what's needed is a hidden tech tree and varying turns to complete a research.

In other words, you can build your schools etc but you don't know what you'll get and when, if at ALL! ...As in real life!!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    more importantly than limiting educational buildings, what's needed is a hidden tech tree and varying turns to complete a research.

In other words, you can build your schools etc but you don't know what you'll get and when, if at ALL! ...As in real life!!

R
    Kind of like the system in EU: Rome then. It would make sense in some cases, for example i doubt some scientist said; "HEY i know let's invent a new firing drill! Then our infantry can all fire not just the first rank! Brilliant!" or "Hmm methinks i should discover some philosophy now so i'd get faster research rate". And many if not most of the "inventions" came from private researchers, not from a state program. However, there are exceptions to this, which i can't name at this moment due to lack of expertise, but there are a few.
    My pony jumps ever so high

All excellent ideas.

In regards to implementing it... Tech trees cannot be heavily modified at present, so it is unlikely that we could make any major changes there in regards to making it hidden and so on and so forth.
    So far as I know, settings Schools to be cheaper and/or favourably balanced seems to be the name of the game. No other way to manipulate the AI that I know of.
    Apparently Quixote07 has performed a similar change with Church Schools in Imperial Splendour to stop the AI building them all the time (he made them excessively expensive).
    I think that's right. Maybe he made them cheaper so they would build more. I can't remember. Suffice to say, it can be done.

I found, if anything, the AI was rather dubiously good with its research. One turn you'd have Fire By Rank and Rifling and your enemy was pretty much still throwing sticks at you, then the next they're Platoon Firing and dropping Carcass Shot on your lines. Hmm.
    Last edited by KindredBrujah; April 25, 2009 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Clarity