Thread: Dragoons?

Default Dragoons?

I think the modding community is doing a huge job. Lots of units look now realistic and add a new flavor to a game that has a great potential. I was glancing through the reskin projects and realized that the dragoons are the only troops that weren't really improved. Yes, a few minor touches, but they are still a far cry from 18th century mounted infantry. Those caskets are simply ridiculous, since they should be wearing tricorns. I read in some older posts turning caskets in tricorn was no easy job. Any news since then? I am really looking forward to new skins and for those who like the dragoons I would expect the Savoyen Rgt. (Austria) to come out soon. Thanks a million and carry on your great work.

Franky235's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Dragoons?

Magnus and i were making a dragoon unit for prussian without helmet
    however, we are still in the test phase

check the thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...239263&page=17

Quote Originally Posted by Guilderstein View Post
    I think the modding community is doing a huge job. Lots of units look now realistic and add a new flavor to a game that has a great potential. I was glancing through the reskin projects and realized that the dragoons are the only troops that weren't really improved. Yes, a few minor touches, but they are still a far cry from 18th century mounted infantry. Those caskets are simply ridiculous, since they should be wearing tricorns. I read in some older posts turning caskets in tricorn was no easy job. Any news since then? I am really looking forward to new skins and for those who like the dragoons I would expect the Savoyen Rgt. (Austria) to come out soon. Thanks a million and carry on your great work.
    I'm working on a mod that includes the guys in the thumbnails. There are some other surprises as well.

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

I've tried to improve the look of the British Light Dragoons by making them into the '17th Lt Dragoon Rg' (Death Or Glory)

Same model I'm afraid but it's the right one for this regiment. (See link in sig')

Franky235's Avatar Tiro

thats 1 of our 2 Dragoon Regiments

Quote Originally Posted by Franky235 View Post
    thats 1 of our 2 Dragoon Regiments

How did u turn the hat? Is there a model already like this??

Franky235's Avatar Tiro

thats the model of the carabiniers but the regiment of horse model is still better

Quote Originally Posted by Franky235 View Post
    thats the model of the carabiniers but the regiment of horse model is still better

I must start playin other factions apart from britain .. Thx

So far as I know, the modification of models is fairly straightforward. I'm not sure about putting a Line troop onto a horse. I don't know for certain what would occur there (animations-wise), but it's certainly easy enough to swap out one horseman model for another.

I think Dragoons did eventually start wearing the helmet things, did they not? Possibly that would only be subsequent to the British reforms from the middle of the Century.

Quote Originally Posted by KindredBrujah View Post
    So far as I know, the modification of models is fairly straightforward. I'm not sure about putting a Line troop onto a horse. I don't know for certain what would occur there (animations-wise), but it's certainly easy enough to swap out one horseman model for another.

I think Dragoons did eventually start wearing the helmet things, did they not? Possibly that would only be subsequent to the British reforms from the middle of the Century.
    Yes, you can put line infantry or any other model on horses.

Brits and french were the only one to have the helmet on some dragoon regiments during SYW not all, all other nations weared tricornes.