Thread: HOI 2: Russia Vs. China

mongoose's Avatar Domesticus

Default HOI 2: Russia Vs. China

I've decided that I want to conquer the Chinese, as the Soviet Union, before the outbreak of World War II. What's the best way to go about doing it? What other countries do I have to worry about attacking me after I declare war? Will I be able to finish it by 1940?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: HOI 2: Russia Vs. China

You probably have no problem to do that except:

1. US would declare war on you.

2. Japan would declare war on you.

Human Wave doctrine is not good to fight Japanese before 41, so assume you need to transfer majority of your force into Asia...

3. Germany declare war on you in 1941, you don't have time to send back your force and face two fronts war.

Conclusion: End game of Soviet in 1945.

Wait until Russia goes to war with Germany. Then You can attack them. But the Allies might declare war on you. Thats a maybe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    Wait until Russia goes to war with Germany. Then You can attack them. But the Allies might declare war on you. Thats a maybe though.
    That is nonsense; when Germany attacks Russia you cannot have force to send to anywhere due to high organization of German force, and usually Nationalist China already die long before 1941.

The best way you ever want to conquer China is wait until you kick Germany's butt (around 1944~45) and make sure Nationalist does not fall into Japanese's hand (so you need to declare war against Japan in 1937, pin as much Japanese as you can).

I played a game as china a WHILE back before the most recent expansion.

Defeat the japanese and consolidate china first. This whole time I was gradually going fascist, and before i defeated japan i managed to join the Axis and was at war with Russia. However japan was already almost defeated I got the victory event and then concentrated on Russia. You can easily take large swathes of their territory as most of their should be fighting the germans.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

This is about attacking China as the Soviet Union, not the other way round

I doubt you'll be able to conquer China before WWII, I'm afraid. But I'd go for an attack from both former Shanxi and Mongolia

The biggest problem is the crappy infrastructure and partisans in formerly annexed states. (Xibei San Ma for example)

At least, that's my experience. I settled for a half'n'half with Japan in the end where I got the useless interior and they got Shangai etc...
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Ya, that is another problem; you don't want your TC goes red even before you counter-attack German.