Thread: IS Question - Modding units

ibigscarymonster's Avatar Civis

Default IS Question - Modding units

Hi,
    I really enjoy playing your Mod but I'm having trouble making some changes. I don't really know much about modding but I have read a bunch of the tutorials, so I have an idea of what I shoudl be doing. Right now I'm enjoying playing as Persia but their unit roster is a little light. I wanted to Mod the Desert Warriors to give them the equivalent stats of Cossack Infantry, a small buff. Anyways, I edited the unit stats file in your Mod with the Pack File Manager and saved the changes but when I load up a desert warrior in a custom battle my changes aren't showing. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong and it's driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

I also had an idea about making War Elephant Lancers available earlier in the campaign game. They are fun to use or be attacked with and I'm not sure why they only appear later as they have been around long before 1700. You would still have to tech up to get the War Elephant Musketeers but adding elephant troops to the early game might make playing the Mughals or Maratha more fun.

Thank you

Default Re: IS Question - Modding units

Nvm, figured it out.

what did you do, because units didn't change when I edited them either

also should I be editing the mod_is.pack or something else?
    Last edited by Demitrios The Butcher; April 23, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

Actually, I gave up trying to change mod_is.pack, I'm still not sure why the changes aren't reflected when it's loaded. I guess i shoduln;t ahve said I figured it out, sorry
    I just created a mini mod with the changes I wanted. I used Lego's mod as a template to make a mini-Persia mod.

Senator

One thing to be cairful of when moding the units is using the unit card on the recrutment windo as a gauge of your changes. I guess the unit card stats aren't derived from the actual unit stats. Always check in battle by right licking the card.

If you are trying to mod the units that can be done very simply in the IS pack with the PFM. Just find the stats_table for the type of unit you want, eather land or naval. Then it is a matter of finding the right value to change, if you want more attack in mele up the attack skill, for example. If you save it under the mod_is.pack name it should go right into working. However if you save it under a diferant name you need to make a script entry for it. I have found that some of the changes won't work unless your new script line is above the IS line, but I have heard it works the otherway too.