Edit: Image removed--see first post.

:sleep

Originally posted by AnastasioTheGreat@May 28 2005, 02:28 AM
    Here's a pic of an almost completed version of the red spartans:

:sleep
    Apisteuta kalo!!!!!!! Eisai megalos!!!
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

@ ATG

At the Age of Hellas mod, we have about 5 versions of Spartan that we are discussing which one to use. Yours seems like it would make a very good contender, if you would be willing to combine with us. If you did, there would be a few changes I would ask to make, but obviously they are your skins (and models) to decline if you wish. I hope you decide to join us.

Great work!

Want to join? Click here!
    Candide fainted...

Antasio i must say that they are most amazing looking spartans i have ever seen is there any planned release date that you could give to us? :grin

<<<English Pride>>>

Cant wait to see your latest edition. Ive used your version of Spartans, ever since I first saw them. And not only as Spatans, Ive given them to Rome, Seleucid, Macedon, to name a few. Of course renamed them and gave them a different text, but the skins, I think are incredible. So I will be eagerly awaiting your new version.

So I thank you for spending your free time to give us a little eye candy to go with all the carnage the Spartans create..... :grin

HC
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Hmmm...The hoplon for that spartan looks a little small wouldn&#39;t you say? Will this be changed?
    PH34R T3H M0NK3HH &#33;&#33;

Originally posted by Sh&#33;fty@May 28 2005, 05:02 AM
    Hmmm...The hoplon for that spartan looks a little small wouldn&#39;t you say? Will this be changed?
    THE HOPLON IS FINE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; whats wrong with all this super sized shield mania? Have you seen one from close? And i dont mean those cheap reproductions... This model is FINE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; no need to spoil it
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

first class units without a doubt :w00t
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

jesus, that is the best spartan by far&#33; Thank god you are on the verge of completing them, i can hardly wait any longer

would you consider making a standard hoplite like the one CA origianlly intended, the one in all the early previews. I&#39;ll try to find a link to the vid or picture if you don&#39;t know what i&#39;m talking about
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Originally posted by Curtis13@May 28 2005, 03:32 AM
    At the Age of Hellas mod, we have about 5 versions of Spartan that we are discussing which one to use. Yours seems like it would make a very good contender, if you would be willing to combine with us. If you did, there would be a few changes I would ask to make, but obviously they are your skins (and models) to decline if you wish. I hope you decide to join us
    I was about to suggest that
    your renders are great ATG &#33; :up

The reason people want larger hoplons is because the original hoplites used shields that were supposed to protect everything from the knee to the chin, so they had to be really big. Also they had to be able to overlap with their neighbors shield while in phalanx.

It would be nice to have a larger shield, but it looks fine the way it is. I know I&#39;m definately going to be using this model.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Originally posted by commie_anarko1986@May 28 2005, 06:38 PM
    The reason people want larger hoplons is because the original hoplites used shields that were supposed to protect everything from the knee to the chin, so they had to be really big. Also they had to be able to overlap with their neighbors shield while in phalanx.

It would be nice to have a larger shield, but it looks fine the way it is. I know I&#39;m definately going to be using this model.
    And the reason some people don&#39;t want bigger hoplons is that it just looks super-ugly when spears are clipping through the shieldall over :>< *wink* .

I guess we need a new animation before bigger hoplons would be accepted by all people :happy
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

And the reason some people don&#39;t want bigger hoplons is that it just looks super-ugly when spears are clipping through the shieldall over .
    True dat

We really need a new animation before we can start using the bigger shields. For now they&#39;re fine. Although I guess we could just use the javelin animation until someone realeases a full overhand animation.

ATG, everything looks great,the hoplon is historic accurate , impressive model, just not sure that cloak- useful maybe during a march or some kind of representation but during a battle -no .
    Really super model of helmet - and zigzag ornament on the plume- great :grin

Originally posted by doctor turkey@May 29 2005, 09:00 AM
    ATG, everything looks great,the hoplon is historic accurate , impressive model, just not sure that cloak- useful maybe during a march or some kind of representation but during a battle -no .
    Really super model of helmet - and zigzag ornament on the plume- great :grin
    Well if your not happy with the cloak on the Spartan Hoplites then go away this is a nice touch as they actually would wear a red cloak into battle i think that it this on of the nicer touches to the model. GOOD JOB ATG

<<<English Pride>>>

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Why not make two versions? One with the cloak, one with out. That way the history enthusiasts are satisfied as well.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

Hopefully ATG dosen&#39;t decide to sell his work to the AoH mod and keep it public.
    Long live the Old Guard! Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Originally posted by ParthianWarrior@May 29 2005, 01:13 PM
    Hopefully ATG dosen&#39;t decide to sell his work to the AoH mod and keep it public.
    he can do both ...