Thread: Bunching infantry bug in Darthmod

Default Bunching infantry bug in Darthmod

I fought a battle as the Ottomans against the Georgians with 1 full stack against my full stack, at the start of the battle the 10 units of Georgian line and militia infantry formed into a tight ball against a wall and were easily slaughtered. I thought this was just a ETW bug. But then fought a battle against the Austrians and again all their ranged infantry joined into a tight ball in the middle of the battlefield. Cavalry dosen't seem to be effected.

I reloaded the save and played the battles again in Darthmod 1.4 but still this strange thing happened.

I then reloaded the save game in vanilla and the Georgian line infantry held a proper line and didn't bunch up into a little ball.

Has anyone else experienced this or knows why this is happening? Didn't see this till 1.5 but reloadeding into 1.4 dosent seem to make a difference. I'm freaked out that vanilla dosen't have the same affect.

Tiro

Default Re: Bunching infantry bug in Darthmod

I also see this reasonably often - perhaps ~10% of the time in campaign battles, though usually just with 3-5 units on top of each other. I have never seen the problem in custom skirmishes. Glad to see someone else brought it up.

It's a bug that happens in vanilla as well (you need to do more then just 1 battle test). It probably just happens more with darthmod due to unit sizes but darthmod didn't cause this. Darth hasn't changed any of the Battle AI cause the file is locked, hence any crazy AI behavior during battle isn't cause by the mod.
    Last edited by Lord Nova; April 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

Bloodzen's Avatar Decanus

It happened to me in my very first battle with Darthmod on
    I was like ye these battles dont seem any harder but luckily it was a once off

Vanilla bug.
    Due to the ailing economy, this space has been foreclosed.

I've seen this in vanilla. Usually, but not always, around walls. I think the AI thinks it's "hiding".

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    I've seen this in vanilla. Usually, but not always, around walls. I think the AI thinks it's "hiding".
    What's more amusing is when the AI "hides" in the capture square of a fort. Sadly, my howitzers are rarely fooled.
    Due to the ailing economy, this space has been foreclosed.

Well had a fight against the Maratha yesterday.....they bunched up 4x450 armed mob in the fort...and just sat there.....I had to punch holes in the walls with my Puckle guns and then moved them to the opening and kept pawning them...they did not move..nor attack...only once I set my 2 Grenadier units to climb the walls from opposite sides..they attacked them.....my Grenadiers 180 vs 450 Armed mob..they killed every single one of them in melee on the walls....it was a BIG HUDDLE with blood and bodies everywhere.....had to repaint the walls I had only 70 Grenadiers left in the unit....got 3 Chevrons and they did not route...they waverd once...but THEY HELD THE LINE.......great men.....the puckle gun is a killer.....barely was able to see the guns cause of the smoke...but back to the point...the AI just set there and waited to me slaughtered. I don't know if Darth can influence this....probably it is hard coded and will need the touch of GOD (CA) .

you can shoot holes in walls with a puckle gun????

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    you can shoot holes in walls with a puckle gun????

My theory is any weapon that does more then 1 damage can damage structures. Most small arms do less then 1 damage (IE .75, .99 ect..)
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax