Thread: Suebi unavailable units

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Default Suebi unavailable units

Downloaded the mod yesterday and what a great thing you guys have created, really well done!

I have one question concerning the Suebi faction in campaign mode - Are they not able to recruit all the units available in custom battle? (I can't seem to recruit the two infantry units with the highest stats - don't reckon the names atm)

Cheers

Serapio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Suebi unavailable units

Hi,

i have the same problem. i cant recruit two of the suebi trooptypes in the campaign. I think it were the elite units. Is there a chance to solve this bug? Thank you for your help. IB 1 and 2 are my favourite mods. Keep on with your excellent work!

PlayerOne's Avatar Senator

I believe you may be correct. The Suabiske Skramsahsa(Goled Band in edu) and the Gasinde(Adalingum in edu) are not in export_descr_buildings, so are not recruitable in campaign.
    You can easily add them to the export_descr_buildings if you want.

But i dont know if they have been left out by mistake or on possible.

Thank you for the immediate response. Sorry, i have no knowledge of modding. im just a unproductive consumer. what have i to do exactly, when i want to recruit the missing units?

Quote Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
    Thank you for the immediate response. Sorry, i have no knowledge of modding. im just a unproductive consumer. what have i to do exactly, when i want to recruit the missing units?
    I can work them in the Vandals next patch..I'll look at the edu file and find an appropriate spot to put them in and just upload that file within a few days here as an attachment. The reason may have been, for at least the Gasinde, was that being a body guard, the unit would about through family members coming of age or by adoptions. The Suabiske Adalinge I'm not sure. Possible because of the units relocation into Gallacia Spain, this type unit was seen as unhistorical to try and recruit.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

PlayerOne's Avatar Senator

Maybe the Suabiske Adalinge could be a rare mercenary, but only for factions that historically used them.

Sorry, but is there any progress to integrate the unavailable units of the suebi?
    I know, you guys have lots of work with the atw-mod.
    i`m also very interested in the arthurian period and read some english books like:
    Warlords: The Struggle for Power in Post-Roman Britain
    and Britannia: The Failed State: Tribal Conflicts and the End of Roman Britain: by Stuart Laycock
    also
    Kings and Kingdoms of Early Anglo-Saxon England by Barbara Yorke
    Battles of the Dark Ages: British Battlefields AD 410 to 1065 by Peter Marren
    and some german books like „Arthur, Dux Bellorum Britanniae“ etc.

i m sure you know a lot of british post-roman history in and have the optimal historical background for modding atw. i m very curious about the outcome.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

We are still working hard at creating a beta release for ATW. Once that is finished, we will take a look at the bug fixes for IB2. We are making lots of progress.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Wonderfull news!

Quote Originally Posted by Serapio View Post
    Sorry, but is there any progress to integrate the unavailable units of the suebi?
    I know, you guys have lots of work with the atw-mod.
    Hi Serapio,

Sorry bout that. I got caught up a bit on some other things.
    Hopefully over the weekend, I'll have a patch that tightens up the Vandals..make them hold Africa much easier so they can expand and I'm going to tweak the Romans to be a bit more difficult to play. Also I'll integrate those two Suebie units into the game to be recruited along with a few other things. After the IB2 ATW is released we can look at the bugs and redo another patch for sure.

Vandals Quick Patch 1.1 coming soon
    -Huns will have heavy cavalry with powerful stats in their Plundering raids
    -Hunnic warlords stats improved
    -Vandals King will have +1 Law
    -Added law bonuses to warlords hold in only parts of Africa
    -Roman upkeep increased slightly
    May add German traits(Drihtins)
    -Suebi Elites available in Hall of Heroes to Kings Court

Last edited by Riothamus; January 29, 2010 at 02:15 PM.

this looks great thanks for the hard work but is this follower for patch IB2 beta patch_2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    this looks great thanks for the hard work but is this follower for patch IB2 beta patch_2 ?
    This will go right over the 1.0 Mod patch. It will need that patch and is a very small patch It should make the game much better to play until we again focus on the mod.