Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Larger fonts

Default Re: Larger fonts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    In case it helps - as far as I know, there are three ways to activate mods for Empire Total War, I explained them in this post. I have been able to play large mods which have a launcher (Sturm und Drang and Empire Total Factions) with additional mods by opening the additional mods in Pack File Manager and changing their type from 'mod' to 'movie'. (Movie files are loaded automatically without needing a mod manager). However, I do not know whether that would work when using NTWIII and this mod - it could cause the game to crash. Good luck!
    It worked! Thank you so much.

still cant understand how this works pls do a step by step guide with pics or better with video
    thanks
    ull get
    +rep

Hhi guys. Thanks for the larger fonts, it helps. However I have a big issue with the text being blurry! Yes I made it bigger but it remains too blurry and it's super tiring for the eyes.. Can someone offer a solutions for this. I am using a laptop 17" screen. I tried all the different settings in the graphics of the game but it didn't fix the issue. I also enabled higher graphics by changing the relevant script but again the issue is not fixed. There must be something else.. Thanks.

Just log to say thank you for the font size !

The guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1683734286 led me to this thread which completed what I should need to install this mod. Unfortunately I did not get this to work even when I thought I had done everything the right way, I tried several mod managers etc etc.

I tried again after some time and I thought I had to share what made it work for me since i've seen (in several threads) i'm not the only one hitting an, apparently, invisible wall. I'll try to explain it as clearly as i can(all " marks are for explaining only):

1. Basically I followed the steps of the steam guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1683734286
    2. The only exception thou(which made it finally work for me) was on the step where you have to make the "user.empire_script" in Appdata, instead of making a new txt file (and saving it as unicode) and filling in the correct script I made a copy of the "preferences.empire_script" txt file, changed the name to "user.empire_script", deleting the contents and replacing it with the correct script corresponding with the actual .pack file in the data folder.

I hope this helps!
    And, thank you for the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Largoth View Post
    The guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1683734286 led me to this thread which completed what I should need to install this mod. Unfortunately I did not get this to work even when I thought I had done everything the right way, I tried several mod managers etc etc.

I tried again after some time and I thought I had to share what made it work for me since i've seen (in several threads) i'm not the only one hitting an, apparently, invisible wall. I'll try to explain it as clearly as i can(all " marks are for explaining only):

1. Basically I followed the steps of the steam guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1683734286
    2. The only exception thou(which made it finally work for me) was on the step where you have to make the "user.empire_script" in Appdata, instead of making a new txt file (and saving it as unicode) and filling in the correct script I made a copy of the "preferences.empire_script" txt file, changed the name to "user.empire_script", deleting the contents and replacing it with the correct script corresponding with the actual .pack file in the data folder.

I hope this helps!
    Thank you (and of course the OP!) so much!!!
    You've finally made this game playable for me just as I was about to give up

Quote Originally Posted by Largoth View Post

I hope this helps!
    Would like to add that this mod also appears to work fine for Napoleon Definitive Edition (user.script.txt is the filename to use). Haven't tested extensively, just fired up the tutorial.

Thanks for this mod!!! And for the advice in post #126 too
    Now I can play this again!!

please how do you install this MOD?
    Can someone make a youtube video? For my eyes sake!

I just dont understand what deleting contents means?

You make a copy, then delete the old one? Do you then change the copy files name again??

It was only after several attempts that I realized that this only works for the English version of the game. And unfortunately I have Russian I thought the font size changes regardless of the language. Sad

Guys, who knows if it is possible to make the same mod for the Russian version of the game? For Russian fonts?

is there a way to use this on Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by manshed View Post
    is there a way to use this on Mac?
    Seconding this! Any way for us on Mac to be able to read anything on this game?!

Quote Originally Posted by HP1996 View Post
    Seconding this! Any way for us on Mac to be able to read anything on this game?!
    The best I've found is to run the game in windowed mode, and then allow macOS' high-resolution/retina scaling to handle it. So for example, let's say you're running on an Apple Studio Display which is natively 5K. Under System Preferences -> Displays, you probably have some scaling applied (which is presented Larger Text <--> More Space). If you scale the macOS UI up in this way (More Space being no scaling at all and Large Text being most scaling), applications running in windowed mode are scaled intelligently by macOS to compensate. So for example, I use level 4 of 5, which is to say, one to the left of More Space, or the equivalent of 3200-by-something. Under this mode, running the game itself at 2560x1600 resolution (according to the game launcher), while windowed, presents something pretty playable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 15.53.18.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	369217

That said, if you do want to actually use the .pack listed here, the way to do it on macOS is as such: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...Comment_481809

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567