Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Larger fonts

Default Re: Larger fonts

Please someone tell me how to make this mod work with russian localization? When I run it there is no text at all.

I downloaded it but don't know what to do next anyone know?

I think I have downloaded mod manager but still haven't worked out how to make the text bigger on ETW.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but how do you install this mod? I searched and couldn't make it work.

I put the pack into the data folder then added the fonts4steplarger.pack; into preferences.empire_script file but nothing changed

I am writing this to help the people who are having trouble with starting the game through Mod Manager, which is 5:0000065434. You receive the problem because you are trying to open a Steam game not through Steam Client. Though you receive error on starting the game from the launcher, the launcher actually writes some files, such as "user.empire_script" which is located at "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts". In this text file the scripts you are trying to patch in the game, such as fixing blurry texts(fontssteplarger.pack), are written. So, in order to apply the blurry text fix one should copy the .pack file to "data" folder in Empire Total War directory, and then start the mod manager. Then uncheck the option "Show all pack types" and check "Show vanilla conflicts. Then you should check the fontssteplarger.pack on the list on the left. Then save it and try to launch the game. You will receive the error but actually necessary files will be written. Then you should start game through steam client.

I had the same application error and apllied the patch with this way.

Hope this will help you.

hi everyone a bit new and old,,,,,, so take care with me lol,,,,,can someone link me mod manager for empire total war becuase surely i need the first one being maybe 1.0 and not 1.5 which i saw somewhere on here before,,i ned this bigger font app with this laptop cant see a thing

Thank you so much for making this mod! It's amazing and shameful that so many big companies don't bother to having scaling UIs in an age of 4k gaming and ever increasingly large resolutions. This should have been a standard feature. So thank you again for doing what they should have!

Superb work!

For anyone having trouble using the mod, you need to install mod manager (I used v1.5) then unclick 'show all pack types'. Doing that will add tick boxes to each of the files. Then you just need to scroll down to the font file that you added and tick the box to the left of it. Then save and start the game.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

So fonts can be fixed but how about blurry texts of this game?
    It's really hurting the eyes

I extract the font file .pack to Data Folder in Empire Total War. But when I launch mod manager 1.5, unclick "show all pack types" and the font .pack doesn't show on the left column. How do I fix the blurred text?

[QUOTE=completely random;14894665]For anyone having trouble using the mod, you need to install mod manager (I used v1.5) then unclick 'show all pack types'. Doing that will add tick boxes to each of the files. Then you just need to scroll down to the font file that you added and tick the box to the left of it. Then save and start the game.[/QUOT

How do I enable it to work on mod manager, tick boxes don't come up on mine. please help

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thanks for this. I always found the type in ETW too small.

I realize this is an ancient thread, but could someone please tell me what the OP meant by Mod Manager? I see no such thing in Steam or Empire Total War. Is it a separate thing that I need to download?

Sorry, nevermind. I found and downloaded Mod Manager 1.5, but am not seeing this mod in the list.
    Last edited by Frunk; July 01, 2017 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Double posts merged.

I love the +2 Text its good but now I have an issue where the boxes are cutting off almost half the prices for upgrades. Is there a mod to increase the UI Size so the text fits in the boxes?

I must say, Sir, that this wonderous modification of yours is complete 'awesomebeans'. T'would not come of any surprise should the Empire decide to reward your work with it's highest honours. Once again, in betwixt gutting those dastardly devil-frogs and blasting pock-faced cowards at 12 yards, I shall find leisure in perusing the available text. Thank you, Sir, and good hunting.

Have a nice day. I have faced with some problems with the Mod Manager. It shows too many conflicts and fonts not changing. What i can do with this issue?

Default It ain't fix :wub:

Oh wait mod manager Right i Saw some dude say that on steam ill try that Any one know where to find a mod manager for TW Empire,

Any one have a link ah it ill find one on my own.

could someone do a video on youtube step by step how this works?thanks
    ill give +Rep to anyone who will do it.

I would like to use this with other mod, specifically NTWIII since basic fonts are impossible for me to read. Would you know how to do that?

NTWIII launched through a separate launcher so I can't launch the mod using the mod manager.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by highsis View Post
    I would like to use this with other mod, specifically NTWIII since basic fonts are impossible for me to read. Would you know how to do that?

NTWIII launched through a separate launcher so I can't launch the mod using the mod manager.
    In case it helps - as far as I know, there are three ways to activate mods for Empire Total War, I explained them in this post. I have been able to play large mods which have a launcher (Sturm und Drang and Empire Total Factions) with additional mods by opening the additional mods in Pack File Manager and changing their type from 'mod' to 'movie'. (Movie files are loaded automatically without needing a mod manager). However, I do not know whether that would work when using NTWIII and this mod - it could cause the game to crash. Good luck!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast