Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normal(Unit numbers) Version of Darthmod Empire *UNOFFICIAL* (new for 1.6)

Hohenstaufen's Avatar Semisalis

Default Normal(Unit numbers) Version of Darthmod Empire *UNOFFICIAL* (new for 1.6)

Well since a lot of people want the new versions of our beloved mod, but with normal, vanilla unit numbers we will use this thread and update it regularly with the moded file of darthmod.

BIG thanx to Beign Earnest which gave us guidelines to how bring back the unit numbers

Here is the moded to normal unit numbers of Darthmod 1.6

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by Hohenstaufen; April 26, 2009 at 06:04 AM.
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

Default Re: Normal(Unit numbers) Version of Darthmod Empire *UNOFFICIAL*

You know how you could have done this the easy way? Just edit your preference file in the scripts folder,

Find the value
    campaign_unit_multiplier

Now set it to .7 or .5 to half the initial value of units. It'll mess up the starting units on the campaign map but then again they were always vanilla size anyways.
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nova View Post
    You know how you could have done this the easy way? Just edit your preference file in the scripts folder,

Find the value
    campaign_unit_multiplier

Now set it to .7 or .5 to half the initial value of units. It'll mess up the starting units on the campaign map but then again they were always vanilla size anyways.
    mmmm....I dont know about that. Well I'm thinking of using that for the conveince of the people. Download unrar, paste go. I think it's more ease for the people (I suppose) .
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

True but this method

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=232113

gives absolute control over unit numbers to the user.
    Lethal Mod - Creator

Eh , you kind of messed up . Darth made the grenadiers have the same amount of men as line infantry instead of half like in vanilla . I just tried fixing it myself but failed .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    Eh , you kind of messed up . Darth made the grenadiers have the same amount of men as line infantry instead of half like in vanilla . I just tried fixing it myself but failed .
    I've checked right now it and i cant find any problem. Line Infantry is 160 and grenadiers are 160 too. Unless I'm missing something obvious, you most probably have changed something else and you get such results. Everything's running fine.
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

Find the value
    campaign_unit_multiplier

I don't know if this works because darth left the number of cannons the same but upped the sizes of infantry so you'll only get one cannon per unit me thinks.

Hohenstaufen, thanks for this it saves alot of people the hassle of modding, are you using the unit sizes from an earlier normal version of darthmod like 1.2 or a modded vanilla list?

Find the value
    campaign_unit_multiplier

That method honestly doesn't work. For one, how are you going to get 60 cavalry, 80 for the Swedes? What is the decimal register on that value anyways?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I appreciate what your'e doing Hohenstaufen, and thanks again to Being Ernest for sharing with us how it's done. I hope you (Hohenstaufen) will continue to release this version of the mod for each update, I really need it until I can finish my campaign in progress. Thank you very very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    I appreciate what your'e doing Hohenstaufen, and thanks again to Being Ernest for sharing with us how it's done. I hope you (Hohenstaufen) will continue to release this version of the mod for each update, I really need it until I can finish my campaign in progress. Thank you very very much!
    Thank you very much for your kind comments. Well I'm actually one of the people that want to continue mine ongoing campaign + it will be a slideshow with the commander edition on my pc. I'll try to keep this thread updated every time Darth puts up a new version
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

I'll keep it brief: Thanks for making this mod!
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Tiro

Thanks for sharing this 'lite' edition of Darthmod. Much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius_Brutii View Post
    That method honestly doesn't work. For one, how are you going to get 60 cavalry, 80 for the Swedes? What is the decimal register on that value anyways?

It's a percentage value that lowers all unit numbers so you would keep the same ratio of units relative to eachother I would say .5 or .4 would get you close to vanilla numbers for line infantry and darth purposely made cavalry way bigger then vanilla stats according to his ratios (line infantry got about a 87% increase in numbers but cav is somewhere around 166% bigger then vanilla).

Quote Originally Posted by bodkin View Post
    I don't know if this works because darth left the number of cannons the same but upped the sizes of infantry so you'll only get one cannon per unit me thinks.

Actually you would still get the same number of cannon on the field. However he didn't up cannon crews so they would be cut in half to 12 instead of 24. That ratio number also affects ships too, so crews would be cut in half as well. I didn't take that into acount while I made my first post however that method could serve as a rather quick fix while people wait until Hohenstaufen updates for the next version when a new darthmod comes out.
    Last edited by Lord Nova; April 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
    Lethal Mod - Creator

Many thanks, Hohenstaufen. My computer can barely run Empire with medium unit sizes, so Darth excellent mod wouldn't work with the enlarged units.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Thank you very much for doing this!

However I have 2 questions... any idea how can i get the vanilla tracers and enable grenades again?

Quote Originally Posted by demowhc View Post

However I have 2 questions... any idea how can i get the vanilla tracers and enable grenades again?
    Nah, unfortunately I don't know about these two.
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

Quote Originally Posted by demowhc View Post

Open the mod with pack file manager and in the projectiles file change the 'shrapnel type' column to 'alpha_bullet' for the muskets.

For grenades in the unit_stats_land find the two euro_grenadiers entries and change the column
    'Can throw grenades' to 'True'. Save and exit.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Awesome man, i cant tell you how many pm's i have since i let slip i had my old darthmod pack files....lol. seems a pity in the end the big units look soooooo good, but i have to be patient for a new MB and processor.

Thank you for the effort.

Ok the moded file of the new version (1.6) is up check first page
    ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ

Wow - that was fast! Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast