Thread: WE need a reload timer for infantery!

Icon4 WE need a reload timer for infantery!

here some scenary:

ur line is reloading, but u dont know that because u zoom wide out. u move forward some steps- your reloading interrups and begin again- time wasting!

cav try to charging you- but u have time: finish reloading and give the damn cav a nive volley or build a square asap- but u dont know in which reload-phase is ur infantery

in so many cases is it usefull to know in which reloadphase is ur inf. a reload timer adds so many tactical options- more professionell

pls can someone code a timer! maybe like the battleship-cannon-reload-timer (bcrt)

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: WE need a reload timer for infantery!

You can see what stage they are at by looking at them

I'm with you on this one ramses12 a reload timer would be great

Imfantry do not reload at the same time however, with a ship all cannons reload at the exact same time, this does not happen with infantry.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260572

Game Scripter @ Reverie World Studios

Yeah, there are several different reload speeds in each infantry unit, and things like misfires make reloading very individualized. This is very evident when they have been firing for a while.

edit: sorry for double post
    Last edited by jzero; April 23, 2009 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramses12 View Post
    here some scenary:

ur line is reloading, but u dont know that because u zoom wide out. u move forward some steps- your reloading interrups and begin again- time wasting!

cav try to charging you- but u have time: finish reloading and give the damn cav a nive volley or build a square asap- but u dont know in which reload-phase is ur infantery

in so many cases is it usefull to know in which reloadphase is ur inf. a reload timer adds so many tactical options- more professionell

pls can someone code a timer! maybe like the battleship-cannon-reload-timer (bcrt)
    AMEN BROTHER

but there must be a general rule for reloading i think

the timer must end when most the infantry is ready too shoot.

i dont mean single shoots- i mean volleyshoots.

with an additionell button "volleyshoot" and when ur inf is ready then stop the timer and ur inf shoot

this maybe must canceling the "shoot by individual"

graphicbutton can be taken from cannonships i think

and the reloading time for each inf batt is save anywhere
    Last edited by ramses12; April 23, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Chinki Sbo's Avatar Libertus

Its total unrealistic... It ruins the realism of the game... U'll never know as general when ALL ur soldiers reload...

Quote Originally Posted by Chinki Sbo View Post
    Its total unrealistic... It ruins the realism of the game... U'll never know as general when ALL ur soldiers reload...

sry but u would know! because u as general or a sergeant gives the order to shoot, to reload..to shoot

look here for example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI

what about realism vs fun gameplay? what is realism on reload timer on ships?

for me it feels more unrealistic that i dont know in which stage are my inf- because the reloading process was interruped when i ordered them to move some steps away and they begin to reloading again- some steps further. this is unrealistic!
    Last edited by ramses12; April 23, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Chinki Sbo is right. You are trying to control the reload of 1400personnel. You just try the manage that one. Individually, on the ground. Good luck.

oh i didnt thought that it is more difficult than to time the cannons on battleships

imo u control a batt, not 1400

for me would enough to see that one line is ready to shoot

or a signal that most of soldiers can shoot.

Are u happy with the situation that u cannot see when ur unit is ready with reloading ?

i dont like that, that my inf is ready with 90% to reload, then i move them (because i dont know that 90% are ready), and the unit begins from 0 to circle reload again

some times it would be better to shoot, and then move and then start reloading.

but ok, when it is too difficult

what about a volley-shoot button?

a volley is so a nice impressive effect- i like it and i want to use it with more calculation

he is probaly wanting something like a reload bar in unit card like was in cossacks 2