Thread: noob questions for modding gurus

Default noob questions for modding gurus

I have the latest DarthMod which i like but there are two things id like to change myself, I just have no idea what the hell im doing and i was wondering if anybody in this forum does know.

1. Darthmod eliminates tracers (e.g. no more laser muskets) I actually enjoy the tracers, it lets me know where exactly my units are shooting. How do I re-insert the code to allow for tracer shots??

2. I hate how howitzers in Darthmod have such a short range for explosive shot, this mixed with crappy AI means im always moving my howitzers at least 5-6 times a battle just to bring them in range. How can i increase the range of my howitzers for all ammo types??

besides these gripes, im a huge fan of the darth mod and ETW, any help will be greatly appreciated with Rep + points

Default Re: noob questions for modding gurus

I dont personally know how to do the Tracers thing (As i think it uses FX files which i dont understand at all).

For artillery, go to projectiles, there should be a collum of names, in this collum the shot type (with the cannon name before it) should all be listed... E.g. cannon_12_pounder_cannister
    The cannon_12_pounder being the cannon name and "cannister" being the shot type.
    Anyways, when you find the shot type you want, scroll to the right till you find a collum called range and change it according to the range you would like
    For cannister at the moment, darth has it set to 125 for example. Make sure you are editing the correct field.

To do all this you need to get LTChambers "Pack File Manager", which you can find in the modding tools areas or in Power Wizards Mod Index (Which is very useful to bookmark if i were u). What file you edit is the darthmod.pack file, editing this using the Pack File Manager itself. How you access this section is by expanding the "darthmod.pack" part and then the "db" part in which you can then find the projectiles_tables (Expand that) and then click the file in there... It should open the list which you can edit this all with...

Default Re: noob questions for modding gurus

I'm going to close this as it is really a generic modding question and not darth-specific - you should ask in the modding forum for more help:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=651

I believe the tutorials there cover what you want to know.

PM me with any questions.