Thread: SAVAGE mod

Default SAVAGE mod

Yes, I'm at it again with a beastly mod

Let me first say it has nothing to do with the game Savage, and all the items in the mod are made by others than me. I've just compiled it

DOWNLOAD

VIDEO: Savages vs. Tunkal

GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
    A simple mod meant to look and sound good. Not much else. The factions have been completely redone and new mounts have been added.
    Without having fantasy elements it's still meant to be fantasy'ish with people riding boars and deer - and wearing psychedelic armour.
    Throwing weapons have been made plentiful - several troops have them and you get 12 pcs. per package. Finally they have good use.
    Foot combat: You do not want to fight on foot. There are now more cavalry troops on vicious mounts... ride the beast boy!

THE FACTIONS:
    1. Tunkal
    2. Illumina
    3. Moguls
    4. Raiders
    5. Savages

Features & Credits:
    - More Metal sounds by Checkmaty
    - Bumpy Textures by Painkiller_Rider
    - Better Horses by Saregona
    - Punkt's HiRes Textures 2.0 by Punkt
    - Boar and Deer Model by Highlander and Vlad Flyzz
    - Open Source Viking Pack by AlphaDelta.
    - Official Vocals Sound Pack by Rejenorst
    - Moss Minimalist HUD by Moss
    - OSP helmets - everyone who contributed
    - OSP Cloak Pack by Dain Ironfoot
    - Various minor tweaks, such as: join any battle, and taven keepers buy prisoners (priced by their level)

Background story:
    Not so much a story, but a description of the factions:
    Tunkal - meaning 'dark' in German - represents the Dark Ages with a particular fascination of hell and the apocalypse.
    Illumina - or enlightened - represents the Enlightenment. A new age of rationalism, where religious folly is being disputed (some might have heard of Illuminati).
    Moguls - obviously referring to Mongols - an invading force of master archers and riders of the steppes.
    Raiders have recently come to the land and have build settlements by the shores, pushing onward through the land.
    Savages are a congregation of original tribes (natives) joined together against mutual enemies.

Combat strong points: Heavy cavalry - Devil Ritters, and heavily armoured crossbowmen.

Troop Tree:
    Fresh Blood > Devotee > Horn Soldier > Dragon Horseman > Devil Ritter
    > Crimson Soldier > Dark Horn
    > Cloak skirmisher > Bull Skirmisher > Dark rain

Combat strong points: good archers, strong infantry.

Troop Tree:
    Dispensable > Believer > Bright Bowman > Glowing Bowman > Silver Bowman
    > Light Cavalry > Dawn Cavalier > Moon Cavalier
    > Loyal Infantry > Righteous Guard

Combat strong points: Superior mounted archers and agile deer riders.

Troop tree:
    Greenhorn > Hunter > Hoofed Hunter > Rider of Prey
    > Antler > Gold Rider

Combat strong points: Javelin/jarid throwers, and boar riders also good as infantry.

Troop tree:
    Settler > Approved Fighter > Bellowing Fighter > Harsh Fighter > Boar Tamer > Berserk Rider
    > Flinger > Roaring Flinger > Grim Flinger

Combat strong points: Axe throwers and strong boar riders.

Troop Tree:
    Raw Meat > Rough Hand > Able Warrior > Tribal Rider > Beast Rider
    > Thrower > Tribal Thrower > Half Face Hurler > Raged Hurler

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A Savage charge

Raiders on the move

The Illumina with King Clair de Lune (to the left) :

Illumina Silver Bowman

The Tunkal with Dunkel the Ruler (to the right):

Gold Riders (yes, they're for you Armatus )

Antlers and Riders of Prey in the background:

Battles:

-----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Adorno1; May 21, 2009 at 03:55 AM.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: SAVAGE mod

wow nice

Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

hahaha,lol i am sure this is going to be great adorno i loved the turmoil in the province mod.

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

cool!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

it looks really great! going to dl,let me be prepare to fight along the Savages
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

what is this madness!??

so this is what you've been up to!

Yeah!

Just mentioning an Item_kinds fix for boar :
    Download it if you think the maneuverability of the boar is too low. (It also gives the boar and deer some armour).

Let the siege begin:
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

thats a great screenie. Just inspired me to download and play. Great Mod.

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

Kolba's Avatar Libertus

Interesting idea and looks very fun!

I have a suggestion. You should ask Yoshiboy for permission to use his pig-mount.

You mean this one?

I see it now: Grunting Boars vs. Squeeling pigs

now you just need Santa's elves to ride deer

Kolba's Avatar Libertus

Yes Adorno, that's what I meant.

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Forget about these pigs and boars, what we need are bear riders or maybe moose riders
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

maybe in the next version(if theres gonna have) you make an invasion force which everyone is against
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Forget about these pigs and boars, what we need are bear riders or maybe moose riders
    Bear Cavalry!