Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack (v1.5 New cleaned up and improved musket sounds 5/27)

Default GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack (v1.5 New cleaned up and improved musket sounds 5/27)

GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack v1.0

Most of the sounds in this mod are ripped from the actual weapons themselves, or whatever the closest approximation I could find. The Cannons are actual 32 pound Civil war Howitzers, The mortars are taken from a Spanish 9 or 10 inch mortar. The explosions sounds are actually Firework signal shells.

Preview of the sounds:

Cannons:

Mortar:

Download Mirror v 1.5 Clearer musket sounds
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CQCC3571

Also, If you like my work, please feel free to take a look at my french skin-pack that's in progress:
    Bayonets of the Republic: 1789-1802
    Last edited by GeraldDuval; May 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM.

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack

Can't wait to try this, I hope the muskets sound good up close cos I zoom in a lot

Link not workin'...it's a pity. Sounds looks great

Edit
    Thanks for the new link
    Last edited by HGuderian; April 21, 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HGuderian View Post
    Link not workin'...it's a pity. Sounds looks great
    Hahaha.

I'm always down for some new sounds. Fix the link :[

alright, one minute, i'm reuploading the file...

*edit*
    alright, Megaupload link is up :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BLDV8TK
    File Factory: http://www.filefactory.com/file/agc4...ndpackv1_0_rar
    Media Fire: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6...4e75f6e8ebb871
    Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/22411016...kv1.0.rar.html
    Last edited by GeraldDuval; April 21, 2009 at 02:10 PM.

I don't mean offense but where did you get the naval cannon sounds? They sound aweful and you can't even hear anything from a distance

I just registered to compliment you on your work This is my first post, and I have to say that your cannon sounds are the best I've heard in a long time! They're very realistic and exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for making this mod!

Although, I didn't like the musket sounds -- I thought they sounded a bit lackluster and too modern -- so I replaced them with those of another mod using the pack file manager, so I now have the best of both worlds. But fantastic work on the cannons, I'm so happy you posted this.

I just tried a land battle and I love the mortar sounds! The cannon sounds bit took quite zoomed in though which I like to do, and the muskets sounds like a bunch of carbines on the other end of a field lol. They are all much more realistic then the vanilla ones though and add a good feel to the game

I think it's just one thing actually that you have made an error with, otherwise this would be complete

Empire isn't a 10 year old game, so when you zoom out the sounds are processed to sound further away. You really need to get close-up sounds of everything, like you did with the mortar or everything sounds far too distant... you start with a distant sound for the musket at close range... you zoom out and it gets even more distant.. you see The same thing with the cannon, especially the ships.

Modern firearms sounds very different from black powder weapons. They have much sharper, shorter duration 'bang' then the black powder weapons.

Awesome job dude, this thing is great thus far, just need to work on the flintlock sounds man, I want those sounding like a Brown Bess. The mortar and cannon sound great though dude.
    Last edited by Hellfromthepast; April 22, 2009 at 05:59 AM.
    Sean M. Lamb
    Civil War Historian

"Our Reg't is composed of Germans, Dutch-Americans, and Irish they being the majority and very hard set. Our company is composed of the same stock, we can not agree very well with the Irish."
    James A. Peifer
    Co. C 46th Penna. Vol. Inf.

Sean M. Lamb
    Civil War Historian

"Our Reg't is composed of Germans, Dutch-Americans, and Irish they being the majority and very hard set. Our company is composed of the same stock, we can not agree very well with the Irish."
    James A. Peifer

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Such a great mod Great work

thanks for the compliments, due to the amount of feedback regarding the musket sounds, i'm currently working on revamping them.

Awesome man!
    Sean M. Lamb
    Civil War Historian

James A. Peifer

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Love the canon and especial the mortars. I used to hate the vanilla mortars with a passion but I love these. I especially like the occasional ringing effect like on the you tube video. Good work on the artillery and hope you make better musket sounds as I dont like the ones you have, sorry even if they are real, I had to rip them out and put others in. When you update your muskets I will definitely try them out tho. And before I forget...+ rep on a great artillery sound mod.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Love the canon and especial the mortars. I used to hate the vanilla mortars with a passion but I love these. I especially like the occasional ringing effect like on the you tube video. Good work on the artillery and hope you make better musket sounds as I dont like the ones you have, sorry even if they are real, I had to rip them out and put others in. When you update your muskets I will definitely try them out tho. And before I forget...+ rep on a great artillery sound mod.
    I loved the cannons as well. i look forward to the new musket sounds!

How do you rip the musket sounds out? I figure you must have some program that allows you to extract PATCH files but not sure what that is. Can someone fill me in?

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Sure, I used the latest Packfile manager http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546 and replaced them with Mechs Muskets and puckle gun
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

New pack has been uploaded. Musket sounds completely changed. hope you guys like them.

Link:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6756A3T3
    http://rs163l3.rapidshare.com/cgi-bi...32271772969491

Default Re: GeraldDuval's Realism Soundpack (new version 1.3 as of 4/26)

I would like to see a youtube video first

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast