Thread: Americas left undefended

Default Americas left undefended

Has anyone else seen this in their campaigns. The Americas are left virtually undefended by the AI. I was able to take out the pirates in one turn. They were the hardest but only because of their navy. Their two provinces had only half a garrison each. The other provinces I've taken (Florida, Carolinas and Louisiana) were completely undefended except for armed citizens. The natives don't seem to have this problem as there is a full Garrison in Cherokee held Georgia. I'm not sure if this is vanilla or not but it really makes the game a lot easier as the Americas are a valuable source of trade.

lecnac's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Americas left undefended

Playing 1.4 on H/H

As Netherlands I got into war with france. France has a full stack in New Orleans, Upper Luisiana though, is undefended. Halifax is boasting a full stack as well. The french carribean islands are undefended though, like the player the AI doesnt station much there, since you defend islands with ships.
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Yes I have the same problem. Playing as france on H/H nearly all britain colonies are completly undefended..

I really DON'T have this problem, in most of my games, by 1915 all cities in america have full stacks.

I guess it could depend on what Spain, France and Great Britain are doing in Europe. If they are at war in Europe then it would make sense that they wouldn't have much of an army in the Americas. However this wouldn't explain why GB is leaving regions undefended because we all know they aren't doing anything at all in Europe at the moment. Also, it's frustrating to see a full stack of Cherokee's in Georgia not try to take a completely undefended Florida.

Playing 1.4 and yes ive seen this problem,

It it much worse after the Protectorates join the big 3, ive played a game when new spain had a full on war with the indians, Lousisana invaded Florida, was great and dynamic. This time unfortunately they seemed to get absorbed into Spain and France near start and have just sat there as empty cities.

I think its info stored in the starpos files etc that determines this behaviour, I.S. mod has alternate files that seem to make the amerias a a bit more alive. Unfortunatley these are not save game compatable, and probly not patch compat either. (when we finnally see that mythical piece of software code )

Well.....it would really be fun to see anything going on in the Americas....I see only the UK do anything over there...the Spanish and French colonies are playing cold turkey.....only armed citizen or sometimes 1-2 units guarding them.....for 10 years I am planning on taking over all the Islands (mostly Spanish, already have the French Ones) and the Southern regions...Mexico till Guyana from the Spanish...but I am hesitating due to the fact that Spain has quite the stacks in Europe and my prolonged war with the France is not yet over.....the only possible treat in the Americas are the Natives....nothing else...the pirates are easy to take care off.....just invade the 2 islands they control...not much of a defense...the ships are the biggest issue..on Land..they are useless