Thread: The Yamana Chronicles

Indefinitely Banned

Default The Yamana Chronicles

A 9,000 Man Yamana Force and a huge Amako force was besieging the Bizen, the capital of the Urakami. A Mori and Otomo Force joined the siege force, all wanting to destroy the enemy capital. However, rivarly between Mori and Amako, and Yamana And Otomo been tensed lately. They boiled over finally at......

The Ambush At Bizen

Yoshioka Sadakatsu is walking around the Yamana/Amako Side of the camp. The Sun is setting, and He is thinking of what he is doing here. He is Leading a Small Yamana Force of 80 men here at Bizen aganist the Urakami. He was told that he could lead 20 Amako men along with his 80 men in the following day's raid aganist a Raiding force that is supposedly outside the castle, on the far end of it. He wondered out he got himself in this mess. He Fought aganist Urakami for Seasons now, but something about fighting here at Bizen turn him off. He was never a fighting type. He took a seat by a tree and watch some Yamana Asigaru walk by, two of them he knows personally from his village, Yoshika Tokatsu and a man named “Tabayoshi”, no one knows his real name for some reason.

He only became a Samurai because his Father was one under Yamana and he wanted to carry on his Legacy. Yoshioka never thought he would see real combat, besides maybe fighting some bandits. When Amako, Matsuda and Yamana invaded Mimasaka in the summer of 1560, he was stuck into combat. He was there when Amako/Yamana Forces took control of Mimasaka, and lost about 2,000 troops, mostly spearmen, in the process. He fought bravely there, and which is why he is leading a force. Small, but a force nonetheless. He Met Yamana Toyosada, the Dayimo personally, and Toyosada wished him well and would “keep a eye” on his fighting/leadership abititles. After the Failure of the Raid against the Isshiki,which Yoshioka was only a scout in, Yamana needed some fine Generals.

He watched allied Otomo and Mori troops walk past, looking at him strange. Finally, he saw a Young New Samurai Named Yamana Tokatsu, a cousin of Yamana Toyosada himself , Whom Yoshioka had the pleasure of meeting once.

"Hello Yoshioka, how are you?"
    "Good, And Yourself?"
    "Great. Ready For Tomarrow?"
    "Not Really".
    “Why is that?” asked Yamana.

“I think we are…..” Yoshioka paused as a few Otomo/Mori Warriors passed by. Yoshioka had a hatred for Otomo warriors since they threated to attack Yamana for their raids on the Isshiki. He also didn’t care much for Mori, since he thought they acted powerful for their status.

“Well?”

Yoshioka looked at Yamana and Said “We will get Ambushed tomarrow”
    “No we won’t, Why you say that?”
    “Look, The Otomo/Mori soilders been massing on our part of the camp”
    “Yes, they doing that to help protect us and get ready for that massive assault soon”
    “No, Look, they moving their cannons….”
    “With all due respect, Yoshioka, they can’t fight us. We can destroy them even if they tried.”

“I guess so. Just keep your eyes open, ok?”
    “I will.”

Yoshika Tokatsu and Tabayoshi, the Yamana Asigaru crossed paths with the two Samurai on their way to their quarters for some sleep.

“Hi Asigaru!” Yamana Said.
    “Hello Honorable Samurai” they said, as they bowed.
    “Men, I wish for you to keep a eye out and report to me if you hear anything strange going on about the Mori/Otomo/Urakimi men…..”

“Well Yoshioka…. I did hear that a Mori Retainer head to the Urakimi castle, but I’m not sure. Plus we saw some men going down the road you guys are going to tomarrow.” Said Tabayoshi.

“Really?” Yamana Said.

“Thanks for your help, I see you tomarrow, be safe.”

The Four men went their ways to the quarters for rest, not realzing what will happen the following morning may leave some of them alive…..or dead……

Yoshioka woke up right at dawn and prepared himself for the raid later that night. Yamana Came and joined him while he was getting his horse Ready.

“You Ready Yoshioka?”

“I am Yamana, and you?”

“I am.”

“Lets go greet our troops then”.

The two men marched out together towards the main part of the camp. They waited a few hours while all the Samurai and Asigaru, 80 Yamana and 20 Amako line up at there moving out postion. Yoshioka was very picky when it came down to numbers in his force, and he had figure how much of each type of troops he had. He had 80 Yamana troops, that broke down to 40 Samurai, 20 foot and 20 Mounted, which was armed with Swords and Bows. He had 40 Asigaru, which broke down to 10 spears, 15 arrows and 15 teppos. The Amako broke down to 6 Samurai, 3 Mounted and 3 Foot. 14 Asigaru, 6 Arrow,6 Teppo and 2 Spears.

Yoshioka spoke to the men for a Short While.

“Men, we go out today! We will Fight the Urakimi,but we may be ambushed”

Some Men laughed at the thought. “Ambushed, haha!”, some men took it sersiouly though.

“Lets go, and May these Urakimi Bastards Pay!”

At before down, They marched out on the road on the west side of the castle. They was told the force was close, only 2 miles out on the road, and the force was escaping though a small man made hole in the castle wall, covered by some trees. About 1 mile out however, Yoshioka heard something he did not want to hear. “Yamana…..”

“Yes….”
    “You hear those cannons shots?”
    “I have…”
    “I don’t think those came from Yamana/Amako cannons, Toyosaku”
    “We better not go back, most of them don’t know, but I doubt anything is going on”

The men contiune on the road, the sunset looking beautiful as they march down the road. Birds flew past them, as the Mounted Samurai Was in the marching line first, with the footmen behind. Then they reached a point in the road, and Yoshioka Fears came true. At least a hundred,maybe even 200 troops lay dead at the breach in the castle’s wall. And they was mostly Yamana and Amako troops, all of them really. Then they Heard….

”Fire… AT WILL!”

Several troops, Mounted and foot, fell dead as arrow/teppo fire open up on them from the flanks from the trees. Yoshioka ordered his archers and teppos to fire into the trees

“Move Move, Lets go, form a battle line here!” he said, pointing by a piece of ground by a ditch. Yamana and Amako troops moved there, to protect the missle troops from attack. The Yaman/Amako missle troops open on a counter-volley, and many Urakimi troops fell out of the trees, while the rest came on the road. Then a 65 man Urakimi force that was reported, surge out of nowhere on the road, and charged straight at the force. Most was cut down, but they kept coming.

“Charge!” Yoshioka shouted, as his troops surged forwarded! He had a Urakimi samurai come at him, only to have his head sliced off by Yoshioka. Yamana trip and fell, and a enemy Asigaru nearly stab him, but a Amako Archer put a arrow in the man’s chest, saving Yamana.

“Thanks…. Lets go Boys, FORWARD!”

The Urakimi Men fell back finally, only 12 of them making it and going around the bend in the road. But few minutes later, they came, and this time, Yoshioka was right. There was 125 Otomo and Mori Troops following the 12 Urakimi men. They lined up, and fired a volley into the Allied Force, More Yamana/Amako Troops fell. Men was screaming out in Pain, men was laying there dead, some without limbs or heads.

Yoshioka told Yamana “you see? I was right…”

“I was right Yoshioka…. Look, put those missle troops in the ditch, they will have some cover!”

The Archers and Gunmen swarmed in ditch while the Fighting men line up behind them. They fired volleies at the oncoming troops, and finally, Yoshioka lead the charge at the enemy force.

They fought for at least 45 minutes, as Yoshioka fought some good enemy Samurai, and was nearly killed several times. A Samurai of Otomo had Toyosaku by the throat with a dagger, and Yoshioka rushed to his side, killing the Otomo man, who had just lost his head to Yoshioka’s Sword. Finally, the Raiding force fell back, but leaving many dead. Accopmying the 200 dead Amako/Yamana men already on the field at least 60 Urakimi was dead, and at least 45 troops dead on each the Mori/Otomo Side.

Only 10 Amako out of 20, and 30 Yamana out of 80 was still Alive.

“Yamana, Lets Rush Back to the Camp….”

Then the men look up, and saw Smoke coming from that direction.

“Oh No…. We got to get back to the camp….”
    “We got to get back to Inaba to Warn Dayimo Toyosada!”

“Lets Worry about getting out first….” Yoshioka said, trying to calm his men.

The Men pick up their weapons, and started to make their way back to the camp, afraid of what they might find……..

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Yoshioka Sadakatsu and Yamana Tokatsu along with the remaining 40 troops (30 Yamana and 10 Amako) rode back to the camp with all haste. When they returned to the camp, they saw a sight they never wanted to see. The camp was on fire, and there were dead bodies everywhere with enemy Urakimi/Ukita warriors flooding out of the castles with Mori and Otomo troops running around ,killing remaining Yamana/Amako troops and horses.

“Ueeeeeeee!……..” shouted a Amako solider, as he was shot in the shoulder by a arrow. A bullet entered his head moments later, killing him. A Yamana solider was killed by a enemy arrow soon after that. Enemy troops began to run up to the small force, and they prepared for a last stand.

“Men…. If we die, we die for our Lords, Lord Yamana and Lord Amako, May Buddha bless us and bless them! Any men here who wish to use their bow or teppo, feel free…. The rest……. Charge!”

A Handful of troops opened fire on the troops swarming at them. A handful of Mori troops were kill outright, and turn and ran, to the surprise of Yoshioka. But 30 Urakimi troops took there place, rushing at the small group of men. Yoshioka charged into the group of enemy solider, cutting and killing as he went. A enemy Asigaru rushed at him, and Yoshioka sliced his head off withing seconds. Yamana was able to kill a Urakmi Samurai and a Otomo Samurai, which was good for a young samurai like himself. The battle continued, until the senior Mori Retainer and the Urakimi and even the Ukita Warlord came flying at them. A Arrow hit the Mori Retainer, but he was not killed, and he fled the field just as fast as he came, however, on the way back, a Yamana Samurai was stab in the neck by the retainer as he fled back to safety. The Warlords fought though The Yamana/Amako line, with their numbers getting smaller and smaller until…..

“Ueeeeeeeeeeee…………. Uieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” Yamana Toyosaku yelled, as he was hit by a arrow. The Urakimi Warlord, Urakami Munekage, delivers the finishing blow.

“You rotten son of a wrencth!” Yoshioka screamed, as he rushed at the Damiyo. Ukita Naolie tried getting in front of him, but a Yamana Samurai held him off. Yoshioka brought his sword up to the Urakimi Warlord and he parried it. As they continued the fight, The old and sick Daiymo stomach is sliced open by Yoshioka. He grabs his stomach and rides back to the castle…. Where he later dies. (It is not known if Yoshioka's blow were the one, but it is believed so since the bodyguard form a protective ring around him until they went back to the castle and he became lost in the night.He was found dead then morning). The Ukita and their remaining troops run back to the castle and leave the remaining Yamana/Amako troops to their own accords. 5 Amako Samurai, 5 Mounted Yamana Samurai and 5 Yamana Asigaru were left, along with Yoshioka Sadakatsu. Yamana Tokatsu had been killed on the field. Yoshioka walked up to his body and kneels, and whispers to him

“I will never forget you…. I shall tell your cousin, my Master, Lord Yamana Toyosada, how well you fought!”

Yoshioka found a random horse running around and he captured it, figuring to use it for his own. He shouted

“Men… Back to our Allied forces! We will regroup, then go back to our lands to alert our Masters!”

“Ute!!!!!!!!!” the men shouted, as they rush forward, away from the burning camp and the dead comrades and enemies.

What you guys think? I'm working on the next part of it!

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: The Yamana Chronicles

What do you guys think ?