Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.01

Quote Originally Posted by TheOmegaGreen17 View Post
    Hi,
    Can this mod still be run with only the patch file? Since I have IS's startpos.esf already.
    Yes, but I don't think the Minor Nations Revolutions will work then, I'll probably have to make IS and Darth Friendly Startpos.esf for you guys so that we can have compatibility for the minor nations.

And Kippy, what about taking Stedde Bonnets flag as the base, coloring the heart red, and adding one of Anne's Stars instead of the left hand symbol?

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Can you do a realistic version of the spanish flag?

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Sounds awesome! Stedde's flag is really cool, and the star you're talking of adding could be the "Republican" facet of it. I think the red heart would look really sharp too (although you can make the final call on that; it might look out of place colored, in which case white would work better). Can't wait to see the mock-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher View Post
    Can you do a realistic version of the spanish flag?
    Spain didn't have a true national flag till the 19th century. I am going to change the vanilla flag to possibly look like this, which was the Royal Standard of Spain for much of the 18th Century. The Burgundy Cross Flag was mainly used in Battles and as the Flag of New Spain:

Felipe V introduced a national flag, althought it was unofficialy used alongside the Royal banner before 1785 when the national flag became the one in the game. That above, not being the royal banner, it is the royal arms with the bourbon necklace and golden fleece, on a white background, which is the flag of naval bases... The Royal banner is red, the full royal arms being at the centre and without the borbourn necklace. You're right in the royal standard was used to represent Spain but Felipe introduced thr first national flag in the early days of his reign, it was the burgandy cross with a shield representing all spanish states ontop. The burgandy cross was indeed a battle flag and was also used to represent overseas territories.

Felipe V introduced a national flag, althought it was unofficialy used alongside the Royal banner before 1785 when the national flag became the one in the game. That above, not being the royal banner, it is the royal arms with the bourbon necklace and golden fleece, on a white background, which is the flag of naval bases... The Royal banner is red, the full royal arms being at the centre and without the borbourn necklace. You're right in the royal standard was used to represent Spain but Felipe introduced thr first national flag in the early days of his reign, it was the burgandy cross with a shield representing all spanish states ontop. The burgandy cross was indeed a battle flag and was also used to represent overseas territories.
    Could you find me a picture of this flag?

Some Spanish Flag resources:

http://flagspot.net/flags/es1701.html
    http://flagspot.net/flags/es1701~w.html

And is this the red-background flag you're referring to?

This is just straight from wikipedia, so not the greatest.
    Last edited by Kip; April 21, 2009 at 04:26 PM.

Sorry I mean 'with' the bourbon necklace.

Felipe's flag isn't anywhere to be seen unfortunatly, I am hoping to find one in spain one day
    I made a representation though.

EDIT: That is the flag I refer to, yes. howveer the second link is not the national flag, it is the war ensign, according to that site anyway but I am more sure it was used for a section of the naval military.

You could use that, and the other one If I can find it. This part of spanish history is full of holes i am afraid, there were so many flags used and such variance.
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 21, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

What is a "State Ensign", exactly? The second link says "State and War Ensign", but I don't know what the first term means, exactly.

State ensign is just representation of the state (being the monarchy, actually sorry yes the white one is the state ensign)
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 21, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

KippyK - State Ensign should be the national flag, war ensign should be the army flags. I *THINK*!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

The website I linked to says its a State Ensign then.. hmmm. I actually think the red one you've provided, Vanquisher, might be the way to go... It would help avoid confusion with Portuguese flags on the campaign map.

Alright what do you think now Vanquisher. Personally I think it looks way better than the previous one I used:

Yes, as I said the Royal arms was the representation of the state, which is that red one. The state ensign represents the state at sea. Anyway I have produced a representation of the flag felipe v made (was supposed to be a natioonal flag but the royal arms were still officialy recognised).

EDIT: That is fantastic

It looks great ingame too
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 21, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Aykis, I think that flag looks great. Well done! Good info, Vanquisher!

EDIT: Vanquisher, what is that flag, the new one with the Burgundy Cross and the royal arms? I think it looks really cool!
    Last edited by Kip; April 21, 2009 at 04:45 PM.

Alright Kippy, I've added you as an official Researcher. I need help finding a few things. Start out with Austrian Faction and Battalion Flag (someone said my battle flag was for a Tuscan Regiment, which is not what I wanted).

Vanquisher, thanks for your help, would you like to become a researcher as well?

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    KippyK - State Ensign should be the national flag, war ensign should be the army flags. I *THINK*!

State ensign is for military purposes only, war ensign just means they are 'at war'. All 'ensigns' are military.

I would like ot be a researcher but I don't really have the time, sorry It seems you have good enough researchers anyway
    This mod is going to be brilliant.

EDIT: @ KippyK - That one is my representation of felipe's national flag so it's not entirely accurate, or at least i can't prove it untill I can find out what it looks like. I only have written descriptions of it.
    Last edited by Vanquisher; April 21, 2009 at 04:50 PM.

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up for me Vanquisher. Aykis, I'll begin looking into it!

State ensign is for military purposes only, war ensign just means they are 'at war'. All 'ensigns' are military.

I would like ot be a researcher but I don't really have the time, sorry It seems you have good enough researchers anyway
    This mod is going to be brilliant.

EDIT: @ KippyK - That one is my representation of felipe's national flag so it's not entirely accurate, or at least i can't prove it untill I can find out what it looks like. I only have written descriptions of it.

Thanks anyway Vanquisher, the Spanish Flag looks much better now. Feel free to chime in if you see something that needs to be changed whenever you want!

EDIT: Is that screenshot the Spanish Flag I just made already in action? Looks good! I need to get the Main Faction Flags sorted out so Trasibulos can make the UI flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Thanks anyway Vanquisher, the Spanish Flag looks much better now. Feel free to chime in if you see something that needs to be changed whenever you want!

EDIT: Is that screenshot the Spanish Flag I just made already in action? Looks good! I need to get the Main Faction Flags sorted out so Trasibulos can make the UI flags.
    I'm afraid that's a 'Here's one I made earlier' jobby