Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    But it was just confirmed that it changes the turns per year to six...
    They did note this earlier I think and said a new version would be coming out with a fixed, vanilla startpos.esf, if I read correctly!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

yes l33tl

The problem was that i uploaded my personal startpos.esf ( i like to play with 6 turns per year )

Anyway, i have already uploaded a 2 turns per year version of startpos.esf

Waiting for Aykis will upload the new packed version, here is the temporary link

http://files.filefront.com/startpose.../fileinfo.html

I was just thinking it would be great to have all graphical mods in one big mega pack. Goodjob +rep

Can't wait for the uniforms to all be in one big package too.
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nova View Post
    I was just thinking it would be great to have all graphical mods in one big mega pack. Goodjob +rep

Can't wait for the uniforms to all be in one big package too.
    I've packaged Trasibulos and Aykis16's work with Remo's re-skins inside APE; it's getting large enough that at some point I will have to offer graphics and core packs in seperate bundles!

I'm going to keep as up-to-date as possible with the work these two and Remo have done.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Excellent, I'll re-download as soon as the 2-turn per year version is uploaded. Kudos!

Just got the vanilla startpos. I'll package it and upload to filefront. New link to v 1.01 should be up within the hour.

Yay! What a great responsiveness to this mod already!

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.01

Regalia has been updated to 1.01. The startpos.esf is now fixed.

Alright guys, we need Ideas on Faction Flags to change and if you have pics that'd be great too.

The ones I'm currently working on are:
    Scotland (Monarchy), Spain (Monarchy/Republic), Russia (Monarchy), Naples and Sicily (Monarchy), Denmark (Republic), Sweden (Republic), Bavaria (Monarchy), Greece (Monarchy), New Spain, United Provinces (Republic), US (Monarchy), Virginia Colonies, Pirates (Republic)

Thanks for all the love guys! Trasibulos and I will be posting updates throughout!
    Last edited by Aykis16; April 21, 2009 at 01:13 AM.

could we get some simple dixie flags for the southern confederacy? an american rebellion (another one) will only be labeled as "Loyalists", no matter how long after the first revolution

this is probably a more complex problem, actually. i think you would have to create an entirely new faction. so if it's nearly impossible, no worries

Quote Originally Posted by texanslh89 View Post
    could we get some simple dixie flags for the southern confederacy? an american rebellion (another one) will only be labeled as "Loyalists", no matter how long after the first revolution
    Afraid I can't create a Civil War since multiple types of revolutions aren't in the game. Right now there's only two directories. Monarchy and Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Afraid I can't create a Civil War since multiple types of revolutions aren't in the game. Right now there's only two directories. Monarchy and Republic.

damn. that makes sense though. is there a way i could create the southern confederacy as a separate playable faction, and simply give it virginia as its only starting region?

Quote Originally Posted by texanslh89 View Post
    damn. that makes sense though. is there a way i could create the southern confederacy as a separate playable faction, and simply give it virginia as its only starting region?
    I would ask the Imperium Globale mod maker. I saw in one of his pictures he had made a Belgian state and given it Flanders as its capital. Perhaps he would be of more help to you.

will do, thanks

Some Preliminary pics of flags we're working on for the update. Let me know what you guys think. These are definitely not final versions and I'd really appreciate feedback. This mod is for you guys.

Spain (Monarchy):

Spain (Republic):

Bavaria (Monarchy):

Greece (Monarchy):

Pirates (Republic):

Russian (Monarchy):

Naples and Sicily (Monarchy):

Scotland (Monarchy):

Crimean Khanate (Republic):

Saxony (Republic):

Mexico (Republic):

Hanover (Republic):

Wowza. Very impressed. I did a quick search on Google, and the republic pirate flag came up as the flag of Anne Bonnie? Is that correct? If so, maybe you should go with a more generic flag... perhaps a variation of the ordinary skull and crossbones (which of course was actually flown by some pirates, but has become the generic pirate image). Its a very sticky issue since Piracy was never a unified nation lol, so I'm very much nitpicking.. but I guess I'd rather see a generic flag to represent a nation/people/whatever, than the flag of an individual pirate. If you like I could help with some suggestions, but I probably wouldn't be able to come up with anything super great. Perhaps a variation of your current flag; maybe put the crescent pattern in the upper left corner, and leave the rest black? Many pirates flew pure black flags, with no designs at all, so it could reflect that.

Anyways, looks awesome! Can't wait for the update.
    Last edited by Kip; April 21, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Ya if you could come up with some ideas for Pirate Republic Flag that would be good. Another one I found that I sort of liked is this one:

That is the flag of the Gentleman Pirate Stedde Bonnet. Most Pirate Flags were personal, obviously, but this one I like, as well as Anne's. But ya go for research and let me know what you think! Would you want to be a researcher for the team Kippy?

I'd love to help out as a researcher!

I did a brief search and came across this flag:

This flag is attributed to Christopher Condent; I'm breaking my own rule of personal flags with this one, but I thought the multiple skulls-and-bones could be taken as a Republican image of inclusiveness... The flag is a little plain though..

I actually quite like the Stedde Bonnet flag as well... maybe a kind of conglomerate flag could be used to represent the pirates as a whole? Like say, take Stedde Bonnet's flag as a base, but photoshop Anne Bonnie's crescents instead of the heart or the other symbol, and add another pirate's symbol... this risks becoming very "busy" though. A lot of reoccuring symbols (besides the skulls and bones) are hearts and hourglasses.. I'm not sure what they're exact meanings are,(EDIT: I found an interpretation that says they aren't hourglasses but cups to toast death with, and that the hourglasses symbolize time running out for opponents... both quite badass, I might say ) but some of the major pirates seemed to like them.

Also, a lot of the pirate flags I'm coming across in brief searches yield traces of red color that I think looks quite sharp against the black background along with the white highlights. Maybe if you kept Anne Bonnie's or Stedde Bonnet's, a couple emblems could be colored red?
    Last edited by Kip; April 21, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

Hi,
    Can this mod still be run with only the patch file? Since I have IS's startpos.esf already.