Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

Default Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

Welcome to Regalia of Nations, what we hope will become the graphical go-to mod of Empire Total War! This mod aims at changing the look and feel of the game. Flags, Uniforms, Music, Graphical Effects, this mod will be looking at changing all of them. We hope at gaining hosted mod status soon to better our work and reach more people.

The only gameplay feature this mod will change is allowing minor factions to be playable in the Grand Campaign. NOTE: Emergent Factions are not playable.

The Mod Leaders for Regalia of Nations are me (Aykis16), Trasibulos, and Mech_Donald. We are looking for other mod members to help with uniform textures as well and perhaps for music and research. So if you're interested in joining the team, pm either Trasibulos, Mech, or me and tell us why you want to join the team.

Mod Leaders: Aykis16, Trasibulos, Mech_Donald
    Researchers: KippyK, Ruzenqures, Aykis16, PubliusKhannus, Major_Payne
    Flags: Aykis16, Trasibulos, JFC
    Uniforms: Smatussek1, Remo, 33Orion77, HellFell
    Music: Ruzenqures, Mech_Donald
    Sound Effects: Ruzenqures
    Graphical Effects: Mech_Donald
    Play Testing: Major_Payne

Version 3.5 (7/06/09) - Battlefield Smoke Mod updated to 4.0
    Version 3.22 (5/15/09) - Fixed flags that are supposed to have transparent parts in last update.
    Version 3.21 (5/14/09) - Released a Hotfix for the faction flags to make them show up on the campaign map.

Version 3.2 (5/13/09) -
    • New Faction Flags for: Spain (Monarchy), Bavaria (Monarchy), Britain (Republic), Crimean Khanate (Republic), Greece (Monarchy), Hannover (Republic), Naples and Sicily (Monarchy/Republic), Scotland (Monarchy), Russia (Monarchy), Prussia (Monarchy/Republic)

New Battalion Flags for: Sweden (Monarchy/Republic), Westphalia (Monarchy) ,Venice (Republic), United States (Monarchy), Spain (Monarchy), Scotland (Monarchy/Republic), Saxony (Monarchy), Russia (Monarchy/Republic) Poland (Republic), Savoy (Monarchy) Italian States (Monarchy/Republic), Ottoman (Republic), Norway (Monarchy), New Spain, Naples and Sicily (Monarchy), Morocco (Monarchy), Mexico (Monarchy/Republic), Hungary (Republic), Greece (Monarchy/Republic), France (Republic), Denmark (Monarchy), Crimean Khanate (Monarchy/Republic), Dagestan (Monarchy), British (Republic), Bavaria (Monarchy/Republic) , Quebec (Republic), Prussia (Republic), Portugal (Republic), United Provinces (Monarchy/Republic), Maratha (Republic), Ireland (Republic), Hessen (Republic/Monarchy), Colombia (Republic), Bavaria (Republic), Austria (Monarchy/Republic)

New Naval Flags for:
      United States (Monarchy/Republic), Netherlands (Monarchy/Republic)

Some Screenshots of Remo's work:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

NOTE: after the official April 29th patch, the patch.pack version of the smoke mod 3.1 does not work properly. Here is a fix:

The mod works as MM version very well. But to get the patch packed version running, you have to open the patch.pack with the pack file manager. Check and highlight the effects line. Delete effects and save the file.
    The patch packed version of my mod should work now. Don't forget to make a backup of the patch.pack file!!!

Change Log:

V 1.0
    • New Battalion Flags for ALL Nations and Alternate Governments
    • New Naval Ensigns for ALL Factions
    • New Faction Flags for Minor Nations Alternate Governments (No more copycat flags!)

V 1.01
    • Fixed Startpos.esf to be only 2 turns a year

V 1.02
    • Fixed Bug where several Minor Nations Alternate Government Flag was a Plain Red Banner

V 1.1
    • Musket Sounds by Ruzenqures added!

V 1.11
    • RegaliaSFX updated to 1.01 to fix some musket sounds from 1.0

V 1.12
    • New Startpos.esf made available for Imperial Splendor users.

V 2.0
    • Mech_Donald Joins Regalia! Blood and Smoke Mod added to Regalia of Nations.
    • Mech_Donald's Marching Music added to RegaliaSFX. Regalia SFX updated to 1.1

V 2.01
    • Regalia Startpos.esf reworked for compatibility with Official CA 4/29 patch. Minor Nations now playable again.

V 2.1
    • SFX Updated to 1.2. Beta SFX released

V 3.0
    • Remo joins Regalia Team! Uniforms now available to download.
    • Imperial Splendor Compatibility patch updated for IS 1.72
      v 3.1
      • Full Russian Uniform Re-Texture added to Regalia. Made by HellFell

Known Bugs:

V. 1.01 - A few Minor Nations Alternate Government Main Flags are a Big Red Banner, but the UI Flag is correct. - Solution Found by Trasibulos. Fix in V 1.02
    V. 2.0 - After CA's April 29th patch, smoke mod (patch.pack) and Minor Nations alternate flags no longer works properly. Awaiting Patch compatibility. (Fixed in 2.01)

Some Screenshots and Videos of our mod in Action:

Battalion Flags:
    Austria (Monarchy)

Spain (Monarchy)

Ireland

Naval Ensigns:
    US (Republic):

Malta/Knights of St. John (Monarchy):

Minor Faction Revolution:
    Italian States:

Venice:

Sound Effects:
    Muskets sounds 1.01

Smoke Mod:
    Here is a video of Mech's wonderful smoke mod in action.

COMING IN LATER VERSIONS!:
    • New Faction Flags!
    • New Uniforms! Also, Uniform Switches after Revolutions!
    • New Music!
    • New Marching Music!
    • New Battalion Flags for Minor Nations Alternate Governments!

Enjoy and let us know what you think!
    Last edited by Mech_Donald; July 06, 2009 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Update

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.0

About time you two compiled your work!

Thanks again to both of you for letting APE use these new flags!

EDIT: When are we going to get some accurate campaign flags, or do the flags in vanilla fit well enough?

+rep!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Realistic Faction Flags are literally what we're working on right now. A few Vanilla flags do work so we won't change all of them but there are a lot that don't. Off the top of my head the only ones I find accurate are: Ottomans, GB, France, Austria, Sweden (although I ABHOR the Republic Flag for Sweden. Might give them Royal Arms instead for Monarchy and regular Sweden Flag for Republic), Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, and thats all I can think of right now. A lot of the German States are wrong, Russia's is an abomination as are many others.

So ya, we're definitely working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Realistic Faction Flags are literally what we're working on right now. A few Vanilla flags do work so we won't change all of them but there are a lot that don't. Off the top of my head the only ones I find accurate are: Ottomans, GB, France, Austria, Sweden (although I ABHOR the Republic Flag for Sweden. Might give them Royal Arms instead for Monarchy and regular Sweden Flag for Republic), Denmark, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, and thats all I can think of right now. A lot of the German States are wrong, Russia's is an abomination as are many others.

So ya, we're definitely working on it!
    You so sexy.

*anxiously awaits the updates*

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

excellent.it is nice to see these things coming together in one comprehensive package.very well done,and the new flags and he like truly make it a pleasure to watch the battles unfold

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Awesome stuff!

Something strange happened when I installed APE 1.21 and then this mod (overwriting ape's startpos.esf) I got 3 summers, 3 winters, and the year was still 1700.
    Guess I'll stick to the flag packs and startpos.esf included in APE 1.21

EgyptianNecrophiliac - As an FYI; the flag pack contained in APE *IS* this flag pack!

Aykis16 and Trasibulos have graciously allowed the APE team to use these flags! So if you use APE (and I will follow the updates here to try and keep everything current) you will have access to all these flags!

Alright. I wasn't sure if you had included the latest versions of the flag packs since this Regalia of Nations thing was posted a bit later. Never mind.

Yes the one problem though is that we have new directories in our startpos.esf that allow the minor nations to have different revolutionary flags. Perhaps you should edit our Startpos.esf for APE l33t, that way they can experience the full Regalia experience as well. Unless you already have for the Minor Nation Revolutions.

Great work Aykis !!! Sorry for having so less time but i'm very happy about the things you are doing !!

At this time, what should we do ? Let me know how i can serve the "cause" !

Wait this startpos.esf does 6 turns a year? We should change it to vanilla so we're not changing gameplay for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Yes the one problem though is that we have new directories in our startpos.esf that allow the minor nations to have different revolutionary flags. Perhaps you should edit our Startpos.esf for APE l33t, that way they can experience the full Regalia experience as well. Unless you already have for the Minor Nation Revolutions.
    I am pretty sure I am using your startpos.esf with lowered turns! I will check but because the flag require your startpos.esf that should be the edited one I included!

I'll let you guys knows ASAP! Thanks again!

Also due to miscommunication between Trasibulos and I our startpos.esf is set at 6 turns for now. We'll rectify it to vanilla as soon as possible. Perhaps we'll release multiple startpos.esf . Maybe a 2,3,4,6 turn variety.

Lol! Yeah it might be a good thing to let people know if they are getting a 6 (!) turn per year mod or not.

Haha yeah, that would've been good to know! A great mod nonetheless! However, it would be great if you guys could upload a version that edits only the flags, as I want to preserve vanilla gameplay for the time being (or atleast edit gameplay through individual packs, so I can enable/disable each tweak individually).

But it was just confirmed that it changes the turns per year to six...

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast