Thread: Historically Correct Britain Mod

Default Historically Correct Britain Mod

Empire Total War rushed the Kingdom Of Great Britain into the game, when historically it didn't happen till 1707. Now, I think a historically correct British Mod would be great and very popular with all Brits.

Now I am good with the startpos, but this is too complex for me, anybody wanting to take this idea on please give it a go and upload it here

New Factions needed:

. Kingdom Of England
    . Kingdom Of Scotland
    . Kingdom Of Ireland

Diplomacy:

- Kingdom Of England and Kingdom Of Scotland major allies and trading partners.
    - They both have indefinite Military Access to each other's lands.
    - Now this is one up to debate, the Kingdom of Scotland a protectorate of the Kingdom Of England? As Scotland sponsored colonisation by the English throne and the only way to donate money from one faction to another turn by turn is for them to become a protectorate.
    - Ireland is a protectorate of the Kingdom of England

Power and Wealth:

- Kingdom Of England: Strong and Spectacular
    - Kingdom Of Scotland : Meager and Affluent
    - Kingdom Of Ireland: Meager and Affluent

Overseas Colonies:

- Now I think all of these should belong to the Kingdom Of England, but Scotland should be a major beneficiary in terms of trade. Also Scotland could have its own overseas colonies as well Scotland should have a starting army in one of England's America's territory's capable of capturing land from one of the Native Tribes.

Other:

England has many forts in Ireland to make sure there is a suitable garrison there. Public order should be quite controlled in Ireland, due to how intimidating the English have been in the past evidenced by mass massacres and using Irishmen as slaves. But then again that can be up to the modder, as the Irish were well known for never giving up and being very vicious and courageous fighters.

Anybody else with any ideas, let me know I hope somebody takes this idea on though!
    Last edited by English Total War Gamer; July 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM.

Default Re: Historically Correct Britain Mod

You should have the ability to play as Ireland if they emerge.Limerick in The South of Ireland has Star forts btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    You should have the ability to play as Ireland if they emerge.Limerick in The South of Ireland has Star forts btw.
    Maybe we should make Kingdom of Ireland a protectorate of the Kingdom Of England, because it basically was at that time. As Ireland had their own parliament, but the king of England was sometimes claimed as the King of Ireland. And England could overrule the Irish Parliament if they wanted too.

Yeah I mean Ireland wasnt actually part of Great Britian in 1700 it was as they called it "A troublesome colony" But yeah thats a good idea too have Ireland subject to England which would be historcal .

Quote Originally Posted by Peteriscoolz View Post
    Yeah I mean Ireland wasnt actually part of Great Britian in 1700 it was as they called it "A troublesome colony" But yeah thats a good idea too have Ireland subject to England which would be historcal .
    Yeah, I really wished somebody would take up and develop this Mod!

Well Ireland and Scotland are there as emergents you could change Great britians name to kingdom Of england.

Ludos scotland mod is cool, but Scots really didnt like England at all. But were forced into the acts of union in 1707 because of the failure of the darien scheme and the English Alien act. They merged despite widespread protesting across scotland. And the English didnt want a threat from the north, they didnt actually care for the scots at all, and vice versa.

Anybody going to try and take this mod up?

well, actually i have made the kingdom of Scotland part Darthmod by using my custom starpos.esf. I'm using a couple scottish units from the game and have a good amount. And, fore this England Fanatic, it really was the british empire, because the scots played a huge role in conquest, while not under their own flag. The only reason the Scots didn't have more colonies that new Jersey and Nova Scotia was because the English didnt let them. (England has always been there to give the Scots a hard time).

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

I think it would be incorrect to name the factions Kingdom of England/Scotland/Ireland. The Scottish and English (which was already dominant over Ireland) thrones were unified under the Scottish Monarchy so really the whole of the British isles was already one Kingdom. Besides it sounds rather archaic for the imperial era.

I don't know about this; i like the idea of being able to take the kingdoms of Ireland and Scotland down their own road, but realistically despite being separate kingdoms they all had one monarch, Jacobite sympathisers in any nation may have sought to rebel against William and place James on their throne but it never actually happened. Although incidents like the civil war and the Williamite war emphasize how they each had the capacity to act separately I really think that after William took over whether they liked it or not they were pretty much all one kingdom, Scottish regiments serving during the wars in Europe (I am sure Irish regiments fought too) and the successive failed rebellions are evidence of that. Maybe these could work as pro-Stewart emerging factions? Otherwise i don't see it.

madrush's Avatar Senator

you can use the scots in my jacobite mod, this has the correct skins of the period, pom also made a britian mod with correct skins but it interferes with the scot roster

Mortality's Avatar Senator
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I believe the Irish were already under English rule by 1700.

Scotland still had yet to be annexed, though. The one problem would have to be trying to change flags.

Edit: Well me, bumping an old thread.