Thread: Custom Battle Server

Default Custom Battle Server

This idea is something that I personally have always wanted to do, and I want to know what you think of it:

The balance of the units is the way it is in large part to make the campaign work. This, however, does nothing for the multiplayer battle mode.

What I would like is, with help from the community, to create a special balance just for the custom battle units (more than possible) that would make that part of the gameplay as interesting as possible. Things like special units/stats for different factions, special strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Then, as we have the possibility, I'd like to create a dedicated server for the mod custom battles with a site dedicated to rankings. This, I think, could be more than interesting

What do you think? Who would like to participate in creating a singular balance to go with the singular units?
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

Default Re: Custom Battle Server

*drops to floor*

*passes out*

*wakes up*

hey wait... am I still alive? *pinches self* oh wow Custom Battle Server!!! Awesome!

I'm in!

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

I am not much off a multi-player, as i prefer more campaign, i spend way too much time zooming on the units.
    MP is important and bringing MP balance to the campaign will also be a good thing IMO.
    Maybe i will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    i spend way too much time zooming on the units.
    ya see mp matches you wait until afterward and then zoom in on the replay and that way you can see your mis-steps and the tactics of your opponent or simply just enjoy the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    ya see mp matches you wait until afterward and then zoom in on the replay and that way you can see your mis-steps and the tactics of your opponent or simply just enjoy the show.
    Yeah, I can give it a try, although i find competitive games too much of a hassle or even work on my nerves

Have to enable the flags and unit icons tho, if i want to play serious.

actually I play without flags and green markers

TW isn't quite as bad as other RTS games which are just base rush click fests. At least in TW there is some time to react to your opponent.

Good luck with the balancing, cause it will not be fun playing against overpowered Mongols (just one example), who'll decimate you with arrows before you can reach them.

But still my heart is with the campaign, give me more playable and beautiful reskinned factions with correct similar stats

That's all part of testing mate! we know someone's going to suffer. But it's better than expecting to join a fair game with equal advantages/disadvantages only to find out it's imbalanced!

I am ready to test, when do I begin?

Hmm since when did rusichi 1.0 get released? I was so thrilled for third age: total war that I forgot to check this mod section
    I'll download it and count me in for any online battles

He who wishes to command must know what it's like to obey.

great so where is everyone else? there's at least two more who need to sign up.

will anyone be around this Sunday or Monday?

I will spread the news to the entire TWC mp community, although many still need to download the mod
    Last edited by Armatus; April 24, 2009 at 12:29 PM.