Thread: Bulding factories in HoI2

Default Bulding factories in HoI2

I can not rember one game i have done this... all the factories needed are already made, it seems.
    What is the point? i just dont understand it...

Default Re: Bulding factories in HoI2

Building factories is very important. Usually, for the first 2 years of the game, it's pretty much all I build. Then you can pump out massive ammounts of stuff very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Estlander View Post
    Building factories is very important. Usually, for the first 2 years of the game, it's pretty much all I build. Then you can pump out massive ammounts of stuff very quickly.
    and i do that in the provinces already full of factories? like the capital?

I'm not sure if it matters where you put them, personally I just place them somewhere. Usually in the interior of my country, or far away from huge enemies.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    I'm not sure if it matters where you put them, personally I just place them somewhere. Usually in the interior of my country, or far away from huge enemies.
    oh, i thought you had to have the 3 key recourses in the province which i dont remember right now, i i think it was 1.5 oil. 2.5 rare materials and one more thing...

So i can just place wherever i want, ooooh... then i understand...

I do 2 rounds of factories the furtherst away from allied bombers in provinces with 100% infrastructure

Actually it does matter. Provinces with high infrastructure gain more benefit from factories I believe. There is no point in building them in the middle of Siberia, for example.

ok, thanks everyone! i just vuild them in places with high infastructure then.
    Does anyone know where i got the thing about you need recourses from?

Actually it does matter. Provinces with high infrastructure gain more benefit from factories I believe. There is no point in building them in the middle of Siberia, for example.
    Ah, thanks. I didn't know that! I never done that mistake as Soviet, but I think I might've with USA.
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by 0N3 View Post
    ok, thanks everyone! i just vuild them in places with high infastructure then.
    Does anyone know where i got the thing about you need recourses from?
    You do need those ressources to run a factory. Each single point of industrial capacity (which normally means each factory as well, because they provide one additional IC each) uses 2 units of energy, 1 unit of metal and 1/2 a unit of rare materials.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Those values are according to the German HoI2 Wiki; I've yet to actually find any listing of them in the English version.
    http://www.heartsofiron.eu/wiki/hoi2...kapazit%C3%A4t
    Vorraussetzungen

Jeder Punkt IK verbraucht täglich Rohstoffe wie folgt:

Sind diese Rohstoffe nicht ausreichend im Lager vorhanden und der tägliche Bedarf einer dieser Rohstoffe liegt im negativen Bereich, so kommt es zu einer Verringerung der Industrieleistung durch Ressourcenmangel, bis dieser Mangel ausgeglichen werden kann.
    here's a translation I've just come up with:

Requirements

Each point of IC is using ressources on a daily basis as follows:

• 2 units of energy
    • 1 unit of metal
    • 0,5 unit of rare materials

If those ressources are not stored in a sufficient amount and the daily requirement of one of these ressources is negative (i.e. not met), the industrial capacity will be reduced due to ressource shortage until the shortage can be compensated for.

It doesn't matter how and where you acquire those materials though. As long as you've got enough of those materials in your overall storage, your IC will work at the maximum capacity you can reach at that moment. If you're running short on materials, the IC will be reduced according to the ressource shortage.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; April 21, 2009 at 04:31 PM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Depends what country you play, building factory is normally for big countries.

For small countries, conquering is far quicker way to get IC (for example, Yugoslavakia has 25 IC at beginning and after one year I expand it into 126 IC after conquering all Balkan).

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

However, conquering is not as efficient a means to gain IC. It is certainly faster. But not the most efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Depends what country you play, building factory is normally for big countries.

For small countries, conquering is far quicker way to get IC (for example, Yugoslavakia has 25 IC at beginning and after one year I expand it into 126 IC after conquering all Balkan).
    Try doing that as Norway

You start with one or two infantry divisions and 10 IC I believe, I struggled to produce ONE factory in Oslo. Gave up in February 1936

Bill Shankly

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodoxt View Post
    However, conquering is not as efficient a means to gain IC. It is certainly faster. But not the most efficient.
    It is most effecient if you turn "Full IC Annex" on.

Try doing that as Norway

You start with one or two infantry divisions and 10 IC I believe, I struggled to produce ONE factory in Oslo. Gave up in February 1936
    Norway is basically unplayable because you cannot declare war against anyone, even turn on "Democratic Countries can declare war". On the other hand, Finnland is much funner due to its modern and outnumber army against its neighbour.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; April 22, 2009 at 03:06 AM.

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    It is most effecient if you turn "Full IC Annex" on.
    Well....yea...but that is a gamey way to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodoxt View Post
    Well....yea...but that is a gamey way to play.
    Or more historical way of playing.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I don't know about that...I am pretty sure your total IC is only modified by such things as governmental policy, random events, technology, and whatever else I'm missing.
    I think infrastructure only matters in terms of supplying your troops, and how fast they travel over certain areas. As for province improvements, infrastructure might effect the rate at which they are actually set up in a province (you may notice you don't get that one IC right away from building a factory somewhere) but I had figured it was only the more IC in a province the faster things like factories, infrastructure, defenses, etc get built...