Thread: Dominance: Total War

Lord Wiffleby's Avatar Decanus

Default Dominance: Total War

Alright, I'm going to try and start a mod. I have no texturing, scripting, or modeling capability, but I do have writing ability (meaning I would write all the events and descriptions etc.), a good general knowledge of history, as well as a good mind for video creation and image capturing (taking pictures, if you will). I would lead the team, and choose which uniforms, units, weapons, and events would be included.

Anyway, what I propose, is this: a mod that begins in 1861, the first year of the Civil War (maybe a few other start dates as well). However, all the major factions in the world are playable. Even play as Japan or China, and try to catch up to the rest of the world technologically. This way, you can explore scenarios like: what if the Confederate states of America managed to gain freedom, and lasted until the time of the First World War? The mod would span until 1922, and each turn would be one third of a year, for a total of 183 turns. Ironclads, bolt-action rifles, poison gas, and machine guns (planes...maybe) would be researchable, and trench networks would be one of the fortifications that could be built by troops.

Each faction would have correct uniforms for their period, and there would be three theaters: The old world, the new world, and the pacific ocean. Eventually, I might post some uniform examples and some ideas for units. I hope to have several unique units per faction, but line infantry would also be included.

Anyway, here is a list of playable factions I would like to see included:
    The United States of America
    The Confederate States of America
    France
    Great Britain
    Austria (might be Austria-Hungary, I'll check and correct later)
    Prussia
    Ethiopia
    Russia
    The Ottoman Empire
    Japan
    China
    Spain
    Mexico
    an Italian faction (once again, want to double check and change later)
    and possibly a few others. I'll do some more research and add more if I think there need to be more.

Any questions are appreciated, and any people who are to helping with the mod are more than welcome to (seeing as I'm incapable of handling the whole thing). If I get enough people together, meybe we'll be able to create a good mod.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Dominance: Total War

If all you can do is coding then considering the lack of modders and such, you may have to wait awhile.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Lord Wiffleby's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Dominance: Total War

Can't code either. Still, I'm willing to wait.