Thread: Tarleton Hats for British Dragoons!!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Tarleton Hats for British Dragoons!!

Has anyone come across the Tarleton Hats within any .dds texture files as i am trying to create the British Green dragoon as seen in The Patriot movie? as you can see in screenshot this hat is incorrect.

I have found the euro_light_cavalry.tga in the icons file and noticed that this unit has the Tarleton hats!, but when i get the euro_light_cavalry texture file it has the same hat as per my screenshot and not the Tarleton?? so where the hell is the Tarleton?? or is the image on the icon just for image purposes only!!

Please PM me with the file please and +rep for person to deliver goods!!, screenshot below of 50% finished unit!!
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; April 19, 2009 at 10:37 AM.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: Tarleton Hats for British Dragoons!!

I think you have to edit the mesh for this and that's not possible (yet).

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stefaneke View Post
    I think you have to edit the mesh for this and that's not possible (yet).
    Oh bugger!! i am sure the unit in question is playable in the game as i cannot imagine that CA would not launch this unit in game!, plus there is a unit card with the detail of the Tarleton hat on it!

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

I am not sure it's because of historical accuracy that it was left out (I wonder why I say that) but Tarleton Helmets weren't used until late 1780's.

BTW gonna refrain from commenting on the absurd film you mention too!! (oh damn I did it)
    The British were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it and would not run.

Marshall Soult to Napolean - having been robbed of his victory at Albuera (May 1811)

the game goes up to the 1800s. also, a some of the unit icons are different from the actual 3d unit. like the american long riflemen, they wear tricorne hats, but in their unit icon they have some type of raccoon hat.

Tancredii's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by johncage View Post
    the game goes up to the 1800s. also, a some of the unit icons are different from the actual 3d unit. like the american long riflemen, they wear tricorne hats, but in their unit icon they have some type of raccoon hat.
    LOL only if you don't get an unrecoverable crash does it go up to 1800. Tarelton was popular but not generally worn until nearly our close period so I was subjectively trying to justify why it wasn't included. Tongue in cheek of course!
    The British were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it and would not run.

Marshall Soult to Napolean - having been robbed of his victory at Albuera (May 1811)

Welshman25's Avatar Centenarius

There is tarleton hats coming! Tarleton's Light Dragoons is a new unit with the upcoming Elite Units of America DLC!

http://www.totalwar.com/empire/elite.../?unit=america

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Actually Ornamentum 1.3 by Danova has these as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    Actually Ornamentum 1.3 by Danova has these as well
    They are on the USMC unit in-game, but they must be somewhere else, or he'd never have converted them to .ms3d. (as they are dlc)
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

He modeled them from scratch.