Thread: Mod Request: General Staff Unit Replacing General

Default Mod Request: General Staff Unit Replacing General

Hi there.

I wonder of one of our talented mod teams/individual modders would be interesting in replacing the General unit with a 'General Staff' encampment. Basically the idea is to replace the dubious combat worthy and fragile General with a fixed, immovable 'unit' of a few tents, horses and infantry.

What would the Mod Achieve:

Further enhance battles, providing a focal point of interest.
    Increase believability as avvording to my limited knowledge of 18th/18th century if was rather rare to have the commander in chief charging and taking part in the actual fighting. NOTE: I'm referring to Commander in Chief not individual generals.

Eliminate 'gamey' tactics vs the AI by dancing the General around the map, having AI units get blasted to sub-atomic particles while on the chase.

Fun!

Time of Implementation: Varies.

Deadline: None at the present time.

So, anyone interested in this?

Default Re: Mod Request: General Staff Unit Replacing General

It's a good idea, but until we can modify or add meshes I don't believe it would be possible, unfortunately.

If it were to be implemented, we would need to figure out a way of ensuring only one General at a time actually was C-in-C. I guess by the highest Star count would make the most sense. I suspect it could be incredibly difficult to implement though.

Default Re: Mod Request: General Staff Unit Replacing General

I see. Perhaps the only thing feasible at the present time would be replacing the General unit with an immovable infantry 'mix' or even render the present unit stationless to serve as gameplay test-bed.